Gears Of War 4 (coming to Win 10 in Oct)

Caporegime
P. I know its crazy expensive but its the only MP game I will play and have ever played really so I'm not that bothered by the price tag

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come from MS though as it really does run like a dream. Super smooth @3440x1440 with Gsync on and full ultrawide support.

I had the original on 360, was never a big fan of the multi. The chainsaw or hoovergun just felt a bit ott with it essentially sucking people into it from a few feet away. I could never understand why it functioned that way instead of it working the way a melee would with you needing to be right on top of the enemy character to activate it. Can't recall if they ever toned it down, didn't stick at the multi long enough to find out Hopefully this is a bit different. Good news that it runs well though :)

Soldato
Any vpn shenanigans to get this cheap(er)? £40 is my absolute limit for this game.

no vpn needed.

go to microsoft website, at the bottom change region to singapore.

buy $70 using your card (just use a singapore address)

redeem to your account

got to xbox.com and change region to singapore.

buy game with credit

Soldato
no vpn needed.

go to microsoft website, at the bottom change region to singapore.

buy $70 using your card (just use a singapore address)

redeem to your account

got to xbox.com and change region to singapore.

buy game with credit

Damnit, that exchange rate is ROUGH. Think I'll hold out on these ebay auctions, set my max to 40 and we'll see.

Associate
Does anyone if the pc version has splitscreen multiplayer as I can't find a way to enable it?

Or horde for that matter?

I have just tried sharing the game on another pc in the house and while it lets me play on both, you can't play both at the same time even on different accounts it seems.

Last edited:
Soldato
well guys.....

I have disabled my af
i have disabled my firewall
i have uninstalled 80gb of data and reinstalled the game today and still all i get is a black screen popup with the words GEARS OF WAR 4 then it shuts down and thats it

i cant even play this game its fkin rediculess....
i tryed to speak to microsoft support and according to the guy this morning the game wasnt even released or downloadable LMFAO

i will never buy a WINDOWS STORE GAME AGAIN IM SERIOUSLY ****ED OFF.

p.s sorry for the rant my this is unreal.

Caporegime
Tried alt tabbing to task manager and stuff like that? Sometimes that moves the screen to a window that you can then get in to.

Do you have a second monitor/screen attached?

Permabanned
well guys.....

I have disabled my af
i have uninstalled 80gb of data and reinstalled the game today and still all i get is a black screen popup with the words GEARS OF WAR 4 then it shuts down and thats it

i tryed to speak to microsoft support and according to the guy this morning the game wasnt even released or downloadable LMFAO

It did it on first boot for me last night. Quit out by shutting it down, quitting Afterburner and then booting it back up. After a minute or so it comes on...and then works straight away after that

Caporegime
Got my code, it wont let me redeem it :( , got it free with my gtx 1080

You might have to have proof of purchase as people were selling on Nvidia codes so Microsoft disabled a lot of them.

Also the Nvidia version is the standard version which isn't out until Monday but it should let you preload.

Soldato
It did it on first boot for me last night. Quit out by shutting it down, quitting Afterburner and then booting it back up. After a minute or so it comes on...and then works straight away after that

Thanks for the help, still no good mate, i had afterburner installed but i didnt use it as i have my oc pre defined in my 980Ti`s bios`s........

though i uninstalled it just in case and still the same wont load up :(:( stuck on black gears of war loading screen then it just shuts down or vanishes :/

Soldato
Hmm strange never gave it a thought to look in eventviewer to see why its shuting down....

----------------------

Activation of app Microsoft.SpartaUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe!GearGameShippingPublic failed with error: The remote procedure call failed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

WTF seems this is why, no idea how to fix it :(

Soldato
OP
well guys.....

I have disabled my af

Only the £79.99 Ultimate Edition is playable now as a pre-order bonus the others do not unlock until 11th October.

The game also uses an MS on the fly DRM called EFF which can take a while to decrypt the game files.

You also need all the latest Win 10 patches & updates installed on your PC.

Permabanned
Never played a Gears game in my life, can you be more specific please?

Basically they invented the 3rd person cover based action shooter. Think 40k space marines. They took a lot from Resi 4 which is ironic as all the resi games since have just ripped off gears. Solid gameplay and probably the best at what they do. Gameplay and gunplay is excellent

Permabanned
Only the £79.99 Ultimate Edition is playable now as a pre-order bonus the others do not unlock until 11th October.

The game also uses an MS on the fly DRM called EFF which can take a while to decrypt the game files.

You also need all the latest Win 10 patches & updates installed on your PC.

Prices are disgusting. 50 quid for the base game but because you didn't pay 80 quid we're gonna make you sit and wait while the 80 quidders play it first.

What a bunch of *****

Back
Top Bottom