Gears Of War 4 (coming to Win 10 in Oct)

Permabanned
Its up now. Playing it and a single 1080 @3440x1440 with mostly everything maxed it running it lovely. For people wondering what its like...its Gears. Simple. Personally thats enough for me :D

Permabanned
Is the nvidia code version up? Think that's the standard edition.

Only the ultimate edition is up Gerard. Nvidia is just the standard version unfortunately. Ultimate is £80 on the store but it has the season pas and loads of packs and skins for MP. I know its crazy expensive but its the only MP game I will play and have ever played really so I'm not that bothered by the price tag

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come from MS though as it really does run like a dream. Super smooth @3440x1440 with Gsync on and full ultrawide support.

It plays superb and its like Gears has never been away. As soon as I hit that first active reload...oh man :cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
well all i get when i start the ultimate version on the store is a popup square box with gears of war 4 written on it then it closes lol

thats about as far as i have played this sucks lol

Associate
As I've said in the other thread, the micro-transactions make me sad about the state of modern day video games... can anyone confirm how these packs work? I.e. how fast you get packs in-game, drop rates of different types of cosmetics and more importantly... is it duplicates like Overwatch?

I chose to not buy it cos of those micro-transactions. Would have been great since it's my brother's birthday on the day before release (monday) and I'd liked to have gotten him a game to play with the RX480 I've got for him.

Soldato
As I've said in the other thread, the micro-transactions make me sad about the state of modern day video games... can anyone confirm how these packs work? I.e. how fast you get packs in-game, drop rates of different types of cosmetics and more importantly... is it duplicates like Overwatch?

I chose to not buy it cos of those micro-transactions. Would have been great since it's my brother's birthday on the day before release (monday) and I'd liked to have gotten him a game to play with the RX480 I've got for him.

They are literally cosmetic aren't they? Like Overwatch...it has no impact on gameplay, I can't fathom why you would be that bothered enough to not purchase but fair enough.

Soldato
I have the same issue with Forza 3. Takes like fifteen times to launch the game. Damn Windows Store and its stupid DRM and encryptions.

Keep trying, it should launch eventually. Try to disable your antivirus if you use one.

Associate
The game has turned out great imo. Runs great and looks so good.

Crazy fun too.

This has to be the best game purchase I have bought this year so far.

Soldato
Mine does that even with AV disabled. Makes me wonder what else I have to turn of to make the game start normally on UWP, something that's never been an issue on Steam or any other platform...

Associate
Just bought standard edition so will be Monday for me. But with xbox sharing its 1 code for my xbox, my mates xbox and my PC which is pretty neat. (Although since my xbox wont have it on its home I wont be able to play on my PC and my xbox at same time. But can play against mate using same key with PC/his xbox or my xbox/his xbox).
Just had to order a 2nd controller for this too.
Does split screen work on PC?

Soldato
Just bought standard edition so will be Monday for me. But with xbox sharing its 1 code for my xbox, my mates xbox and my PC which is pretty neat. (Although since my xbox wont have it on its home I wont be able to play on my PC and my xbox at same time. But can play against mate using same key with PC/his xbox or my xbox/his xbox).
Just had to order a 2nd controller for this too.
Does split screen work on PC?

good work chap, whats your GT? will add you.

MP i'll be playing mainly on xbox but horde/campaign will be PC for sure (60fps rather than 30)

Associate
So looking forward to getting stuck in with this. Kind of wish I had stumped up the cash to play early but nevermind.

WiZZyWiGG in Xbox Live if people need extra Horde mode fodder!

Back
Top Bottom