Gears Of War 4 (coming to Win 10 in Oct)

Permabanned
Prices are disgusting. 50 quid for the base game but because you didn't pay 80 quid we're gonna make you sit and wait while the 80 quidders play it first.

What a bunch of *****

No one is "making" anyone wait. Its not out until the 11th its just a nice benefit for those willing to buy everything thats available to buy for it

Sho

Sho

Soldato
You might have to have proof of purchase as people were selling on Nvidia codes so Microsoft disabled a lot of them.

Also the Nvidia version is the standard version which isn't out until Monday but it should let you preload.

Just tried again it worked, big download 73gb :eek:

Associate
When starting up the game for the first time, the screen will go black for a minute or so. It did it to both my machines. Probably doing an auto config or something.

Just let it run.

Permabanned
It is a bit of a **** take though, companies used to be very nazi like if stores broke the release date by even a few hours, but its ok as long as they make a few quid off it.

FFS its a couple of days

Its not even mentioned in the sales page listing what you get for the ultimate edition if you look so its not a selling point...just a small bonus for the fans who want everything they can buy on day one

Caporegime
FFS its a couple of days and its for those who bought the season pass. Its not the same and if its so infuriating to you I would suggest going outside for a bit.

Its not even mentioned in the sales page listing what you get for the ultimate edition if you look so its not a selling point...just a small bonus for the fans who want everything they can buy on day one

Who's "infuriated"? Simply pointing out a fact that games publishers used to be so dead set against this and stores could face repercussions if they did let copies of a game go out early. Now its just another tactic used as a "perk" to ratchet the price up, as if they didn't have enough of those already.

Permabanned
No one is "making" anyone wait. Its not out until the 11th its just a nice benefit for those willing to buy everything thats available to buy for it
Exactly. Its not like its a month early

No it's a weekend early and it's used as an incentive to get more money, If the games ready for release then release it don't stagger who get's to play when based on how much they spent when buying it.

Permabanned
Who's "infuriated"? Simply pointing out a fact that games publishers used to be so dead set against this and stores could face repercussions if they did let copies of a game go out early. Now its just another tactic used as a "perk" to ratchet the price up, as if they didn't have enough of those already.

Sorry Gerard I thought I was replying to someone else :o

Point still stands though...its a couple of days thats not even used as a selling point

Caporegime
Sorry Gerard I thought I was replying to someone else :o

Point still stands though...its a couple of days thats not even used as a selling point

It is though, this is from games site on the order page for ultimate edition:

Ultimate Edition includes: base game, a collectible SteelBook® and Season Pass*.

Play four days early when you buy the Gears of War 4 Ultimate Edition!

:p

Permabanned
No it's a weekend early and it's used as an incentive to get more money, If the games ready for release then release it don't stagger who get's to play when based on how much they spent when buying it.

Well, I bought it for the season pass and got this as a bonus I didnt even know was a thing...as they dont tell you unless you spot the date.

Buy it...dont buy it. Be angry...be calm. I'll be playing Gears :)

Permabanned
Well, I bought it for the season pass and got this as a bonus I didnt even know was a thing...as they dont tell you unless you spot the date.

Buy it...dont buy it. Be angry...be calm. I'll be playing Gears :)
If that's the case go play it have fun, Why exactly are you here defending the practice instead of playing the game :confused: Making claims like it isn't a selling point when it's in big letters all over the store page how the Ultimate edition lets you play today with early access is laughable.

Permabanned
Its a bugger regardless, have to make do with bf4 til monday :(

I CAN see where you are coming from but at the same time, why shouldnt those that care that much they want to spend £80,get a few days as a thank you? All my mates bought it as they were going to buy all the maps anyway so really, who is going to spend £30 just to get a couple of days under their belt?

Alternatively, most of my console peasant mates own this on hard copy already!

Permabanned
If that's the case go play it have fun, Why exactly are you here defending the practice instead of playing the game :confused: Making claims like it isn't a selling point when it's in big letters all over the store page how the Ultimate edition lets you play today with early access is laughable.

Just explained how it WASNT all over the store page not two days ago. Have not had to look at the store page since...I bought and installed the game :)

Buy iy or not. No need to get mad about pointless stuff is there :)

Permabanned
In truth if the 50 quid version would have been available today I'd probably of got it as it sounds quite good but I put my eggs in the wrong basket and bought Mafia 3 which now needs a patch, plus I bought WRC 6 but thankfully that just got a small day one patch and seems to be running nicely so I'll get on with a bit of rallying for now.

I still haven't played the first Gears yet, I've had it a month or so too.

Permabanned
In truth if the 50 quid version would have been available today I'd probably of got it as it sounds quite good but I put my eggs in the wrong basket and bought Mafia 3 which now needs a patch, plus I bought WRC 6 but thankfully that just got a small day one patch and seems to be running nicely so I'll get on with a bit of rallying for now.

I still haven't played the first Gears yet, I've had it a month or so too.

First Gears is my favourite...so far. Been a long time since Ive played it though so and I have not played the new version. Really want to buy Forza but god damn those MS prices.

Soldato
I've redeemed my code at GeForce.com and got the code emailed from NVidia not sure how I go about downloading the game....?????

Presuming I have to wait till the 11th but where do I use the code that I got from Nvidia?

ok I think I sussed its the MS Store :) but when I enter the code from NVidia I get this, is that because its not released yet?

"Sorry, but an unexpected error has occurred. The error has been recorded and we will investigate. Please try to redeem your code later."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom