• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX 780, 770 coming in May

Man of Honour
OP
Geforce GTX 780 comes on May 23rd

Overclocked a few weeks later

We got news from multiple sources that the Geforce GTX 780, based on GK110 Titan chip, is coming on the May 23rd. Nvidia is launching reference clocked cards and they should be available from day one, but most overclocked cards will show their face a few weeks later.

There will be overclocked cards, but from what we understand the Geforce GTX 780 is using a Titan cooler and most people will continue using it as it’s a high quality design. Some vendors might dare to use their custom cooling solutions as there are some available in the market and even water cooled cards might be in the works.

Reference cards should sell for around 500 euro, while overclocked cards will be closer to the 600 euro mark, but we expect some deviations depending on the market and the specific vendors. These prices are just a rough range of what Nvidia expects them to sell for.

In this post it states the GTX 780 uses the Titan cooler, does this mean that the Titan waterblocks available now will also fit.

Caporegime
I don't know if you live at home with mummy and daddy or are a thieving banker but in reality...most people don't have lots of cash these days.

I don't watch Jeremy Kyle so I can't comment what topics he covers in his shows.

All I was inferring was that graphics cards are getting stupid in terms of pricing. With each new generation of card out they bump up the price in relation to the performance given...spending half a grand on a graphics card is a bit mad. Regardless if you can afford it or not.

Fair comments and anyone wanting to spend any money on a PC upgrade is just wasteing money. No point if they have a working computer already.

It isn't a dig just at you, there is a few with this mindset and have no consideration for what people have as disposable income and what they are happy to spend on products.

Soldato
They are taking the biscuit with pricing now. The Titan is hugely overpriced as is most Nvidia cards. AMD followed suit with the 7990. I doubt you will see a 780 GTX for less than £600 at least. The retailers will hike the price way over RRP.

Soldato
They are taking the biscuit with pricing now. The Titan is hugely overpriced as is most Nvidia cards. AMD followed suit with the 7990. I doubt you will see a 780 GTX for less than £600 at least. The retailers will hike the price way over RRP.

Titan was a freak card, a one off hopefully. I think Nvidia will set the msrp of the 780 to $599 in the states, here we will pay around £500-550. Can see it creeping higher if stock is very limited like it was with the titan.

Worth going from a 7950 to 770?

No as the 770 is a re-badged 680.

Last edited:
Soldato
Titan was a freak card, a one off hopefully.

That's what they say so it sells. If they sell enough they will make more. If rumor is true then most Titan cards are offcuts from the cancelled 2nd Titan supercomputer as Nvidia had apparently fabbed the chips. No idea if that is true but makes sense in a way.

Back
Top Bottom