• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

I'm going to wait and see how well DLSS is adopted before buying in, really like the look of the initial figures with it enabled but it's a waste without it being in most titles.

RT looks like a write off until the next series or two away, unless you don't mind 1920x1080 on your 2080ti.

still not sure why people are expecting the 70 series card to beat or compete with the 80ti series of the previous gen . Surely you should be looking at beating the 1080 ? Still waiting for aio cooled cards to enter the market :'(

Completely forgot to even check the time! No notifications nothing from YouTube :(.

20 minutes late!

So what are we looking at performance wise over a 1080Ti?

Will have a good watch of the reviews when I get some time later on.

Not for over £1200 it doesn't

No, the price is a big problem.

But this was the interesting bit: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-9-19-geforce-rtx-2080-2080-ti-review?page=2

the idea of a super-computer being able to give instructions to a consumer level GPU to 'magic up' missing detail sounded rather implausible when it was first presented at Gamescom. However, based on the results I've seen so far, I'm happy to eat my words. We'll be talking more about image quality in due course, but suffice to say that we're getting a look here that exceeds the quality of checkerboarding and can even improve a native presentation (depending mostly on the quality of its anti-aliasing). But just how much of a performance gain do you get from it?

SNIP

obviously the RTX 2080 Ti is equipped with the same technology, and up against the GTX 1080 Ti it's 39 per cent faster with the like-for-like TAA enabled, rising to an impressive 95 per cent boost once DLSS is factored into the equation. In our general gameplay testing, we found that the RTX 2080 Ti is a phenomenal 4K performer just relying on standard rasterisation performance - but DLSS takes things into a whole different category. There are further 'in the moment' performance advantages beyond the average frame-rate boost we'll discuss in an upcoming feature, but suffice to say, the Epic demo here does a great job in selling DLSS.

myself and colleagues John Linneman and Alex Battaglia are agreed that in the Final Fantasy 15 demo at least, DLSS is not only providing these big improvements to performance, but it's delivering more detail and fewer artefacts than the game's standard TAA.

There was a process node shrink from the GTX980TI to the GTX1080TI though,perhaps looking at the GTX780TI to GTX980TI is probably more comparable?

giphy.gif

:p :D

Just need DLSS to save us now :(

Back
Top Bottom