• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

I think the 2080ti is overpriced in the current climate, and the 2080 offers pretty much zero reason to upgrade from a 1080ti... However... Nvidia have the market share and power to have RTX / DLSS features pushed into games enmasse to sell their products, so with that said, i wouldnt buy a 2080ti or a 2080 right now, but wait it out til enough titles are on the market or a particular title you want is on the market before switching, or your going to end up with disappointment.

Once DLSS is enabled i expect these cards to fly, however i did not on DF's review they reckon Maxwell was capable of some of the DLSS type stuff? Ask Vega owners how they feel about buying a card based on features that never got utilised, however with Nvidia you can rest assured these features will get rammed into everything at the detriment of previous generations, Nvidia want you to buy their products, so they will make sure there is enough use of the features to warrant it.

If i owned a 1080ti right now, id sit tight on that til DLSS becomes mainstream then move across, by then 7nm Nvidia will probably be on the horizon too. Right now your just paying early adopter tax for little more than a shiney cooler on the 2080.

I think the 2080ti is overpriced in the current climate, and the 2080 offers pretty much zero reason to upgrade from a 1080ti... However... Nvidia have the market share and power to have RTX / DLSS features pushed into games enmasse to sell their products, so with that said, i wouldnt buy a 2080ti or a 2080 right now, but wait it out til enough titles are on the market or a particular title you want is on the market before switching, or your going to end up with disappointment.

Once DLSS is enabled i expect these cards to fly, however i did not on DF's review they reckon Maxwell was capable of some of the DLSS type stuff? Ask Vega owners how they feel about buying a card based on features that never got utilised, however with Nvidia you can rest assured these features will get rammed into everything at the detriment of previous generations, Nvidia want you to buy their products, so they will make sure there is enough use of the features to warrant it.

If i owned a 1080ti right now, id sit tight on that til DLSS becomes mainstream then move across, by then 7nm Nvidia will probably be on the horizon too. Right now your just paying early adopter tax for little more than a shiney cooler on the 2080.

Good thinking, the problem is me, with a 1080 and a new ultrawide 1440p, I think I am forced to go to 2080ti

Good thinking, the problem is me, with a 1080 and a new ultrawide 1440p, I think I am forced to go to 2080ti

Pretty sure if you ask any 1440p users who have a 1080ti they will tell you it maxes that resolution no problem at all... you are not forced to a 2080ti at all mate, infact you would be crazy to buy one right now in my opinion...

Go 1080ti for now until Nvidia get a good crop of DLSS enabled games out.

giphy.gif

:p :D

Just need DLSS to save us now :(

LOL.

So what they've done is renamed everything (Titan Xp -> 2080 Ti, 1080 Ti -> 2080), added two new features (DLSS & ray tracing), and bumped the price up. Sad times.

This was supposed to be the generation that brought 2160p60 gaming to the masses but no, the barrier to entry is identical, unless of course DLSS becomes widespread, in which case "sort of" 2160p60 will probably be possible with an RTX 2070. That's not terribly helpful though given the 1080 Ti is currently cheaper and faster.

I've got one of those displays and has it a couple of years, all be it a 60hz one. I had a 2080ti on preorder but I've decided to bin it off and get a 2080 FE. I feel that even though the performance is the same as the 1080ti it represents better value than the 1080ti or the 2080ti. It'll get me 20-30% better performance than my 2 year old 1080 which is enough to mitigate any of the compromises in graphics options in today's games yet hopefully give me much better performance and the option to run raytracing in future games. I should get £300 for the old card meaning it'll cost me £450 to upgrade.

The 2080ti by comparison is quite a bit more expensive at another £300 again for having 20% better RT performance and probably won't give me much more in standard games due to my 60hz display. This makes it quite an expensive option and potentially by the time something comes out to challenge it we will have 2180 coming out so I'll probably just upgrade to that.

Back
Top Bottom