• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Associate
I could see the point if games were pushing the current hardware to the max, but they just aren't.
Here speaks a man who has never played The Sims 3 with all of the expansion packs, stuff packs & my own body weight in custom content extras - on 4k:D
Maybe it's a girl thing:cool:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Also NVIDIA longing out their refresh of graphics cards is just signalling to me how far away AMD are from ever really competing again.

This would be the PERFECT opportunity for AMD to leapfrog them but their priorities lie more in the mining + console crowd i think.

I love this notion that amd has a super secret card just sitting around doing nothing in particular but they're too focused on miners and consoles to release it. They don't, the mining crowd is on the down turn, just need to look at ebay to see the flood of cards on it in recent weeks.

As i said before, AMD compared to nvidia and Intel have a very finite budget, its obvious over the last few years most of that went to developing ryzen, ryzen turned out to be the right thing for them to invest in as it stuck the boot into intel's plums hard and is getting them plenty of sales. That in turn works out well for gpu development as more money will be funnelled back into that.

Soldato
I love this notion that amd has a super secret card just sitting around doing nothing in particular but they're too focused on miners and consoles to release it. They don't, the mining crowd is on the down turn, just need to look at ebay to see the flood of cards on it in recent weeks.

As i said before, AMD compared to nvidia and Intel have a very finite budget, its obvious over the last few years most of that went to developing ryzen, ryzen turned out to be the right thing for them to invest in as it stuck the boot into intel's plums hard and is getting them plenty of sales. That in turn works out well for gpu development as more money will be funnelled back into that.

Yup, they don't and thats whats sad.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I've got a 4k screen sitting right next to it and I wouldn't waste my time with it for gaming, Ultrawide + Gdync is the dugs nuts. :)

4k Ultrawide would be stunning, and that would make my 1080ti scream.
Oh so you are aware that 1080Ti just about copes with 4K ;)

Horses for courses, give me the better IQ any day.

Associate

Seen that one already and I think it has mostly been debunked. Good old wccftech, always good for a laugh.

There are so many overlapping windows in that picture, all conveniently hiding info that would ruin the hoax, and the rest is a nice little tweak to change the identity of the card, probably from a 1080ti.

If it was saying the 1180, I could maybe believe it but for the 1170 to gain that much on what amounts to a tweaked process node, seems a bit far fetched IMO.

We'll all find out soon enough eventually what the real numbers are. :p

Associate
No offence to anyone here, but I am beginning to question the point of this thread. 65 pages since May 8th, and in the end no news or launch yet, and when there is? so what?

Facts are simple. Nvidia have no competition and therefore no pressure to release better tech. When they do they will almost certainly release the minimum performance bump possible, for the maximum price, and milk the early adopters.

Personally I think, if you need a new GPU, buy the best you can afford now that prices have come down, still good performance for the next 2 generations, unless AMD pull a winner out the bag and create competition, and that isn't going to happen.

If you already have a 1080ti, then that is going to be as good as anything released in the next year, so don't sweat it. They are not going to release a new top tier TI for at least a year or longer that will outperform in a way to justify an upgrade.

Anyone waiting for the next Gen is really just playing Nvidia's 'milk em' game. (on current evidence).

Associate
No offence to anyone here, but I am beginning to question the point of this thread. 65 pages since May 8th, and in the end no news or launch yet, and when there is? so what?

Facts are simple. Nvidia have no competition and therefore no pressure to release better tech. When they do they will almost certainly release the minimum performance bump possible, for the maximum price, and milk the early adopters.

Personally I think, if you need a new GPU, buy the best you can afford now that prices have come down, still good performance for the next 2 generations, unless AMD pull a winner out the bag and create competition, and that isn't going to happen.

If you already have a 1080ti, then that is going to be as good as anything released in the next year, so don't sweat it. They are not going to release a new top tier TI for at least a year or longer that will outperform in a way to justify an upgrade.

Anyone waiting for the next Gen is really just playing Nvidia's 'milk em' game. (on current evidence).

i love how you say facts and then just come up with conjecture instead!

Associate

You forget that the majority of people here will pay for the latest and greatest regardless of cost, even if what they have is 'fine' for now.

Those running 4K will want to jump though, as even the TI won't happily do 4K at 60fps for most AAA games.

Back
Top Bottom