• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GeForce RTX 3080 12GB cards already on sale in Germany at 1699 EUR

Associate
Confirmed to PCWorld that no FE

"Don’t bother trying to hunt down a Founders Edition version of this graphics card. Nvidia told PCWorld to contact board vendors (like EVGA, Asus, MSI, et cetera) for more product information—including pricing. Yes, Nvidia didn’t even slap an official MSRP on this bad boy. Gulp. The original 10GB version ostensibly retailed for $700 but is currently impossible to find in traditional stores, and is going for $1,500 to $2000-plus on Ebay depending on the model. Thanks to the ongoing GPU shortage, don’t expect this upgrade to come cheap."

Soldato
OP
Really confused what nVidia are trying to achieve long term...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Long term is easy, the RTX 4080 BFE -1.21GW TDP (Back To The Future Edition) will have a starting Fake MSRP of $999.99+ and really sell for double in real world and then with all the distractions of the price and availability will be the huge TDP and all the people needing new PSUs to make these cards even work on their systems.

They have made it clear now that a 3080 12GB is really a $1200+ AIB card and if they had a FE model it would have been $999.99. The 80 class cards are now $1K and the Ti version $1.2K and next time it will be $1.5K in the 4080 Ti model FE MSRP, 4090 FE will be $2.4K+, 4090 Ti FE $3K+.

Caporegime
Long term is easy, the RTX 4080 BFE -1.21GW TDP (Back To The Future Edition) will have a starting Fake MSRP of $999.99+ and really sell for double in real world and then with all the distractions of the price and availability will be the huge TDP and all the people needing new PSUs to make these cards even work on their systems.

They have made it clear now that a 3080 12GB is really a $1200+ AIB card and if they had a FE model it would have been $999.99. The 80 class cards are now $1K and the Ti version $1.2K and next time it will be $1.5K in the 4080 Ti model FE MSRP, 4090 FE will be $2.4K+, 4090 Ti FE $3K+.
Sorry I mean beyond that - at some point these just will be gaming GPUs that no gamer can afford. While no doubt nVidia don't really care, won't that just start backfiring for PC gaming.

I've made the assumption that silently the 3080 FE will be discontinued since it no represents a MSRP nVidia dont want to use as a metric.

Associate
10 years now with the same PC 3+ years waiting for prices for graphics cards to come back down to earth and still the drought goes on. this is obviously affecting everything else to. if i have been waiting this long to upgrade then others surely are in the same position. but madly people buy these things at these prices. i am praying that Ethereum goes graphics card mining free in June and things start to drop, over supply kick in through manufacturing and miners sell there cards flooding the market.

Associate
10 years now with the same PC 3+ years waiting for prices for graphics cards to come back down to earth and still the drought goes on. this is obviously affecting everything else to. if i have been waiting this long to upgrade then others surely are in the same position. but madly people buy these things at these prices. i am praying that Ethereum goes graphics card mining free in June and things start to drop, over supply kick in through manufacturing and miners sell there cards flooding the market.

For machines that old and with GPU's being so expensive, I think the only logical path for upgrading isn't the modular route we're all used to, but going to the dark side and looking at pre-builds. Obviously not your usual e-waste but something half decent from OCUK as an example.

Associate
or machines that old and with GPU's being so expensive, I think the only logical path for upgrading isn't the modular route we're all used to, but going to the dark side and looking at pre-builds. Obviously not your usual e-waste but something half decent from OCUK as an example.

a good thought, but i like and want to build my own. i am in the process of saving up atm. but i am hoping for a drop, this can't continue.

Caporegime
Sorry I mean beyond that - at some point these just will be gaming GPUs that no gamer can afford. While no doubt nVidia don't really care, won't that just start backfiring for PC gaming.

I've made the assumption that silently the 3080 FE will be discontinued since it no represents a MSRP nVidia dont want to use as a metric.

They'll be aiming to get the masses financing cards instead. "Oh, it's only £100 upfront and then £50 a month for 24 months, I'm in!"

It's taken off in the fashion sector with the likes of Klarna. Just praying on people who want what they can't afford.

Caporegime
Absolute joke, the golden goose isn’t quite dead, let’s make sure eh?

I love pc gaming but am dammed if I’m buying another GPU at retail that suits my needs, it’s second hand or console.

They are royally taking the **** out of us all.

I used to quite successfully persuade my mates to switch from consoles to pc gaming, now, I’d actively discourage they did so tbh.

Soldato
Be surprised if the demand will be as high next time , will also be people holding 30 series cards if they wanna upgrade more of these will hit the used market , at some point it's gonna be saturated

Also if ETH does go POS can see more cards hitting the used market

And with AMD performance wise they seem to be competing maybe they will sort UK drops for the next series and will have Intel joining not totally high end yet but low to middle ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Another pointless card by Nvidia and now the they will soon have 4 models within 5% the performance of each other.

I wonder if we'll get the 3080ti super next.

Soldato
Absolute joke, the golden goose isn’t quite dead, let’s make sure eh?

I love pc gaming but am dammed if I’m buying another GPU at retail that suits my needs, it’s second hand or console.

They are royally taking the **** out of us all.

I used to quite successfully persuade my mates to switch from consoles to pc gaming, now, I’d actively discourage they did so tbh.

Yup. Maybe prices will come back down. But it'll be a few years.

Soldato
Really can’t see it tbh, a few years back people choked at the thought of a £1k GPU, these days it’s accepted as the level a top tier card is at, the precedent has been set, the only way is up….

You would think with AMD and now Intel joining would make things better in the future

Back
Top Bottom