• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GeForce RTX 3080 12GB cards already on sale in Germany at 1699 EUR

Caporegime
You would think with AMD and now Intel joining would make things better in the future
I’m dearly hoping it will, although on their current offerings I’m not holding my breath.

The problem is a lack of competition in effectively a closed market, although a market where many customers (myself included) are turning away from….

Soldato
They'll be aiming to get the masses financing cards instead. "Oh, it's only £100 upfront and then £50 a month for 24 months, I'm in!"

or rental

Another pointless card by Nvidia and now the they will soon have 4 models within 5% the performance of each other.

All 4 have one other thing in common. No or very little stock. £1499 3080 10gb OCUK anyone ?

Soldato
You would think with AMD and now Intel joining would make things better in the future
AMD seem more than happy just to price match Nvidia and now charge more than Intel for their CPUs so I don't hold much hope there although Intel will hopefully be more competitive as they are looking to break into the market.

Soldato
Another pointless card by Nvidia and now the they will soon have 4 models within 5% the performance of each other.

I wonder if we'll get the 3080ti super next.

I don't think there's enough of a gap between the 3080 Ti and 3090 in terms of performance to warrant a 3080 Ti Super, Also I genuinely think Nvidia would get severely raked over the coals by the entire industry, Their reputation is already pretty bad, That would be like putting nails in the coffin.

Soldato
I don't think there's enough of a gap between the 3080 Ti and 3090 in terms of performance to warrant a 3080 Ti Super, Also I genuinely think Nvidia would get severely raked over the coals by the entire industry, Their reputation is already pretty bad, That would be like putting nails in the coffin.
We have the 3080, 3080 12gb, 3080ti, 3090 and soon the 3090ti all within 15% performance so I wouldn't put it past them.

Soldato
Even absent mining they clearly underpriced Ampere, so it's not surprising to see them want to re-capture more of the sale price for themselves with these re-positionings which started with the 3070 Ti anyway, it was obvious from day 1 what would happen.

It's also clear to me that the MCM GPU from AMD and its Nvidia competitor will most likely be $3000+. The prices only move up for the performance, has been the case for years now at the lower end but it's sweeping across the board. Real price/perf. improvements are years away.

Back
Top Bottom