• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

You know that and I know that but some can't see that :(

Long as you're happy mate thats what matters :)

AMD recently said they won't be doing anything to rival Titan, as they already have all price point covered and in AMD's eyes the fastest 'card' on the planet with the ARES II.

Rumblings are that the 8970 will be especially quick, perhaps they have highly optimised GCN? Or shaped a card around their new found driver-making-skills :p

Only time will tell and probably for the next 8-10 months the Titan will be the fastest on the market :)

I can see im going to have to get working on you JD to get you a nice new pair of msi 7970 oc cards. Me and my skirt wearing PA(pgi) will talk you round eventually. :)

:p

You do know I am actually English and from Yorkshire don't you? I'm just up here diluting the population for the good of mankind :D

I can see im going to have to get working on you JD to get you a nice new pair of msi 7970 oc cards. Me and my skirt wearing PA(pgi) will talk you round eventually. :)

I'm tempted on them on the T.W.O deal. I don't know why but my excuse is I bought two 680s for 3D which I didn't like and sent back the Asus VG278H (backlight bleeding was bad also). I'm thinking of trying the Asus VG278HE. I wish I bought the 7970 Lightning cards at £359. Your job might be an easy one Monsieur. Nothing wrong with a man in a skirt at a wedding :D.

Ah the old i live in scotland but im not really a jock excuse, gotacha. ;)

<Location :mad: :D.

Edit(Looks like my 680's will be on the MM at the weekend) I'm so easily persuaded when I have doubt on here lol.

The thing is the core clocks even when overclocked on Titan will bottleneck the card.

People forget its not just VRAM that increases when you apply for example 8xMSAA+SGSSAA which is where we should be at now as 4xMSAA+SGSSAA is easily achieveable with 2GB cards and getting a constant 60 fps at all times.

You also need much faster core to get a constant 60fps at 8xMSAA.
Even if you had 40GB of ram on this card still dont matter as the low core will bottleneck the VRAM.

As well as playing at high resolutions this is only going add to the decrease in performance because of the core.

This is where tri and quad sli really come into effect in gaming and not just for benchmarking.

Im also talking about proper Anti aliasing through Nvidia inspector and not the useless ingame settings that hardly do anything compared to inspector.

Its a nice evolution of the 690 but i expected more from it tbh, Especially with the high price tag. Thats Hype for ya i guess.

I do look forward to seeing what Greg and other users can squeeze out of it under water maybe with a volt/bios mod.;)

I'm tempted on them on the T.W.O deal. I don't know why but my excuse is I bought two 680s for 3D which I didn't like and sent back the Asus VG278H (backlight bleeding was bad also). I'm thinking of trying the Asus VG278HE. I wish I bought the 7970 Lightning cards at £359. Your job might be an easy one Monsieur. Nothing wrong with a man in a skirt at a wedding :D.

<Location :mad: :D.

Edit(Looks like my 680's will be on the MM at the weekend) I'm so easily persuaded when I have doubt on here lol.

Excellent news! The 7970 really can't be beat in its price range. Myself and my red brothers (of which there are many here currently - even good old Rusty) look forward to welcoming you with open arms! :D

I do want to see what this can do on LN2 and Cascade for sure. But the next Gen AMD will kill it so at this price for a few months only worth of use hmmmmmm.

I am down for several but it does not sit well with me but to compete on the bot I must.

However you spin it, its expensive and the performance does not match the cost.

You wont have to ignore me mate as i dont post much on here.

However i do try to make constructive and helpful posts regarding what i know which is unlike some people on here where all they seem to do is bicker and argue over nothing which is why generally i dont bother posting on here hardly ever.

I do want to see what this can do on LN2 and Cascade for sure. But the next Gen AMD will kill it so at this price for a few months only worth of use hmmmmmm.

I am down for several but it does not sit well with me but to compete on the bot I must.

So ocuk doesn't give you these parts, how do you afford them?

Exactly Mate, 7970 = bargain!!!

My £299 msi 7970 oc knocked you off top spot of one of the unigine benchmarks 8pack. :D

Kingpin's already done it mate, smashed the '11 P score' by near 2000 points hitting 1750mhz on the core :)

You wont have to ignore me mate as i dont post much on here.

However i do try to make constructive and helpful posts regarding what i know which is unlike some people on here where all they seem to do is bicker and argue over nothing which is why generally i dont bother posting on here hardly ever.

sorry mate,it wasn't aimed at you.

I removed my post :)

Really struggling as I'm itching to buy some newer hardware but from everything I heard I'd be better off waiting for the GTX770 - in SLI its looking like hitting that sweet performance/price spot I usually buy at.

Welcome :)

f9qb9s.png

^^^ That probably isn't too far away from the truth, and it's all I've seen in the way of benchmarks so far. We're looking at not too far off a 50% bump in compute power and memory bandwidth, so 30-50% framerate improvement at high resolutions is about in line with that.

Thanks, Duff-Man. Now that the benchmarks are out that sounds about right.
Do you still do CFD on GPUs? Have you tried C++ AMP yet?

Back
Top Bottom