• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Permabanned
No. That's unofficial but does look believable to me and many others I would think.

I mean yeah, those figures would be impressive at £500 or less, but a grand? :eek:

And how do you know?

You speak like you are telling the absolute truth, but it's all conjecture. You cannot deal in absolutes until release.

The few times I venture into the graphics card forums I see this every time from a select group of people on both sides. There shouldn't even be sides :rolleyes:

Soldato
Hmm I thought it was 708 or something?

It's all very strange. Why clock it so low if it's capable of so much more? Why not push for the ghz?

It seems the spec we have seen is definitely real, but even 840 sounds a bit lame. I mean crikey, the 7970 was soon released as a ghz card...

It could be due to TDP reasons.

However,one thing might be Nvidia Turbo Gen2 is not working fully and needs a new driver to work well.

It could be the reason for the delay??

Soldato
And how do you know?

You speak like you are telling the absolute truth, but it's all conjecture. You cannot deal in absolutes until release.

The few times I venture into the graphics card forums I see this every time from a select group of people on both sides. There shouldn't even be sides :rolleyes:

I'm not on any side I can assure you of that !

I run 670s in SLI and here I am bashing Titan.

So there's no sides being taken here. Just incredibly disappointed at what I have seen so far.

I've got to say though that I never really thought Titan could beat a 690. That's wishing just a bit too hard.

Soldato
For an alternate POV.

I have no interest in super high res gaming or triple screen setups. I am however interested in Titan.

If it cannot deliver across all aspects then it's a pretty big disappointment for a card which is a limited run special unit.

Soldato
It could be due to TDP reasons.

However,one thing might be Nvidia Turbo Gen2 is not working fully and needs a new driver to work well.

It could be the reason for the delay??

Possibly yeah. That *could* explain the disappointing performance.

Though why would they release drivers today if they know they have to release more in a few days? very odd that.

Caporegime
No. That's unofficial but does look believable to me and many others I would think.

I mean yeah, those figures would be impressive at £500 or less, but a grand? :eek:

"No. That's unofficial" ? yeah... i would never trust an official benchmark graph from Nvidia or AMD.

Whenever i see something like that, i immediately file it under 'bogus propaganda'

Soldato
I hope those aren't true figures, 20% more then a stock 7970 isn't mind blowing, especially when you can gain another 2-300mhz on a 7970, that would surely take an overclocked 7970 within 5% of a stock titan.

Caporegime
I think the benefit of any doubt should be given until tomorrow, but i think we can all agree that only 10fps faster than a 680 would be disappointing considering the previously quoted price.

Last edited:
Soldato
"No. That's unofficial" ? yeah... i would never trust an official benchmark graph from Nvidia or AMD.

When ever i see something like that, i immediately file it under 'bogus propaganda'

All of the propaganda for Kepler proved to be pretty much correct. It was faster, Tahiti was underwhelming and it pretty much delivered exactly what it was rumoured to.

So what happens then when it doesn't or can't like with Fermi?

It's disappointing.

Ask me if I am disappointed I will tell you most certainly yes. If it wasn't true (being that it would be bashing not hyping) then I am sure by now Nvidia would have said something. They're quite happy to sit back and spread positives.. When it's negative or not true however? hmm.

I mean here I am disappointed but I would hate to be Greg right now.

Soldato
I hope those aren't true figures, 20% more then a stock 7970 isn't mind blowing, especially when you can gain another 2-300mhz on a 7970, that would surely take an overclocked 7970 within 5% of a stock titan.

Well I still think the clocks on Titan are really low. Even at 840mhz that's some ways short of a 1200mhz 7970.

Permabanned

TITAN would simply be a joke if this were to happen. I hope for nvidia, greg and all other interested buyers sake it outperforms these graphs.

Back
Top Bottom