• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Can't we just wait until 2PM tomorrow before we burn Titan then we can all laugh at how it's 10fps better than a 680 or not?

If it's only a few % faster than a 680 @1080 res i dont think i'll be spending my money on one (i rarely game, and if i do it's 120hz 1080), if however its a few % faster than a 680 @1080 res and i played @5760 i would buy one in a heartbeat.

I honestly don't see how people can be in denial about what we have seen.

This, for example...

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-official...x-titan-gk110-gpu-decimates-single-chip-gpus/

Screams Nvidia. Not only that but as I pointed out before the PC sitting in the middle of the Crysis 3 performance chart is most definitely a Falcon Northwest. I ought to know I lived in the USA for a decade and owned one !!

If they were a hoax then why bring FalconNW into this who are an Nvidia partner?

The slides and pics shown in the link above look very official to me. If they are dissecting the card and showing how the cooler works then why would you believe that and not the reported spec?

This, for example...

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-official...x-titan-gk110-gpu-decimates-single-chip-gpus/

Screams Nvidia. Not only that but as I pointed out before the PC sitting in the middle of the Crysis 3 performance chart is most definitely a Falcon Northwest. I ought to know I lived in the USA for a decade and owned one !!

If they were a hoax then why bring FalconNW into this who are an Nvidia partner?

The slides and pics shown in the link above look very official to me. If they are dissecting the card and showing how the cooler works then why would you believe that and not the reported spec?

You can prove it's legit as much as anyone else can prove its not. Until I see those images on the geforce website, they are not official.

Can we please just get back to a constructive discussion rather than arguing back and forth.

The Nvidia slides look real to me. The 680 launch slides leaked in a similar fashion and they turned out legit. Not holding my breath for any miracle changes tomorrow. I can see why everyones skeptical though.

For the love of God, wait till tomorrow before deciding what graphs are real and what graphs are fake. If Titan is 10fps faster than a 680 in Crysis 3, then that's what it is.

All this hate going on is pathetic.

This, for example...

That also looks believable if Quad SLI scaling is worse than triple.

Hmm I thought it was 708 or something?

It's all very strange. Why clock it so low if it's capable of so much more? Why not push for the ghz?

It seems the spec we have seen is definitely real, but even 840 sounds a bit lame. I mean crikey, the 7970 was soon released as a ghz card...

The K20x Tesla part which is most like the Titan is clocked at 732Mhz and uses 735W.

The latest released specs of the Titan show core clock at 837Mhz and boost clock at 876Mhz and TDP of 250W.

For me this seems about right. It makes more sense the 915 core and 1019 boost using 235W that was been talked about earlier in the thread.

And I guess it will be voltage locked in someway. You are asking why it isn't been pushed for the GHz? Well, I think it's probably due to heat and power use. In a chip this size and complex, hmmm, I wonder what it will overclock like.

Last edited:
Although I see Andy's point, I'd wait for legit reviews before judging.
However, IF the gains over a 680 in Crysis 3 are 10%, Titan will be a mighty letdown.
I can't believe they would sell something like this for more than 600£. That would be a suicide!

For the love of God, wait till tomorrow before deciding what graphs are real and what graphs are fake. If Titan is 10fps faster than a 680 in Crysis 3, then that's what it is.

All this hate going on is pathetic.

Agreed, people saying they can't wait to have a good laugh tomorrow are just trying to wind people up.

Although I see Andy's point, I'd wait for legit reviews before judging.
However, IF the gains over a 680 in Crysis 3 are 10%, Titan will be a mighty letdown.
I can't believe they would sell something like this for more than 600£. That would be a suicide!

No no not 10% 10 FPS. Which is about 25-30%. Which is good, but not what people were expecting.

I still don't see where this fits in with Nvidias line up, its not an addition to the 6** series and its not quite the 7** series, is it just a 'odd' one out?

Back
Top Bottom