• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Caporegime
OP
Do you think they just want to capitalise on the PC Enthusiast market and the fact Crysis 3 is out soon?

The whole, "I need what ever it takes to play Crysis 3 on max" will make them a lot of cash if a single Titan can max out crysis 3 at say 1080p - 1200p.

They do this to find out where the leaks are coming from apparently. They feed false information to some sites/reviewers I assume.

Associate
Do we have any from the 680 launch to compare ? lets go Columbo on its a**

I'll have a look from the 680 launch but this on their website

lineup.png

Caporegime
OP
The rumors are turning into a pre-launch mountain of news. According to popular technology websites, on Monday, February 18th at 12:01AM EST Nvidia will lift the NDA on GeForce GTX Titan, "world's most powerful graphics card." Our sources are placing the date on other dates in the week, such as Tuesday, or even February 25th/26th, but we believe that is the standard tactic to find out who is leaking.

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/new...th2c-2013-loses-to-gtx-6902c-amd-hd-7990.aspx

Nobody has mentioned about the unlocked volts either. I can see this clocking up nicely with some decent water/chiller cooling. Remember how the 7970 wasn't great untill you overclock it.

Last edited:
Soldato
So why are they delayed then? and please don't tell me President's day. 90% of the country has the day off and are sitting at home waiting to order.

Probably because they are not delayed at all. It is indeed President's day - even the US investments are closed. It might be just a tad disrespectful to have a release on such a day, hence probably was never going to be today anyway

Soldato
Probably because they are not delayed at all. It is indeed President's day - even the US investments are closed. It might be just a tad disrespectful to have a release on such a day, hence probably was never going to be today anyway

And they figured this out when, yesterday?

LOL this isn't the first one, so why the heck would you pen a release then cancel on the day?

No no no, it's not that innocent. Something is going on.

Soldato

LOL this isn't the first one, so why the heck would you pen a release then cancel on the day?

I don't think that's what is actually being said. It's being suggested that the 18th wasn't ever the day the NDA expired, but that some were told that on purpose to help them find the source of leaks if there were any.

nVidia is an American company, so realistically if it's President's day, I can't see them really scheduling the release to be on President's day anyway.

Bloody hell, and I though I was skeptical over things that nVidia do and say.

Soldato

They probably forgot, i forgot when Christmas was and it happens the same time every year, same with my birthday...totally forgot i even had a birthday :p

Caporegime
OP

The rumors are turning into a pre-launch mountain of news. According to popular technology websites, on Monday, February 18th at 12:01AM EST Nvidia will lift the NDA on GeForce GTX Titan, "world's most powerful graphics card." Our sources are placing the date on other dates in the week, such as Tuesday, or even February 25th/26th, but we believe that is the standard tactic to find out who is leaking.

Nvidia are trying to find where leaks are coming from maybe?

Soldato

I'm not following it too closely but did NVidia state today was the release date or did others jump to the conclusion? Even if they did, mistakes get made, geeks forget things like holidaaays. I really don't think today would have been a good idea. Could you imagine a company releasing a new product on Christmas day ? :).

Even if there was a problem I doubt they would move release date because of it. I mean having a paper release before parts can be shipped to customers a few days later isn't that bizarre.

Back
Top Bottom