• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Soldato
http://www.brightsideofnews.com/new...th2c-2013-loses-to-gtx-6902c-amd-hd-7990.aspx

Nobody has mentioned about the unlocked volts either. I can see this clocking up nicely with some decent water/chiller cooling. Remember how the 7970 wasn't great untill you overclock it.

Any ideas on how the voltage control is set to work? As what I read earlier was linking power targets and voltages directly to temps, if thats the case wouldn't the card go mental running at subzero, or even at 40c in a loop?

Edit: Who knows, Nvidia might even give it relative pricing too, less then a 690, more then a 680...

Soldato
Both the price and performance you're stating right now are educated guesses though, which is fine and everything but making judgements upon that is just ludicrous.

I'm only going on what we have been shown.

Those who are subjective actually weigh up what they have seen. Then you have those who are selective choosing to ignore something because they don't like it.

Funny how all of the people who are/were buying Titan all of a sudden stop believing the rumours because they're not as nice as they were !

Up until yesterday charts were making their way out. They were so convincing that people actually sold their cards in order to buy Titan.

Yet today all of a sudden those charts can't be relied on at all because they show it in a different light.

Really strange that isn't it? and I'm expressing anger just because I decide to believe in today's rumours.

That's my prerogative.

Soldato
Lets see what tomorrow brings Andy.

Indeed. We said that yesterday too.

As I said - I won't have people accusing me of being nasty. I'm just stating how it is, just like those who were quick to show off were showing how it is when the Titan supposedly beat a 690.

So showing off and gloating is OK, but simply talking about what we were shown today isn't?

Soldato
I'm only going on what we have been shown.

Those who are subjective actually weigh up what they have seen. Then you have those who are selective choosing to ignore something because they don't like it.

Funny how all of the people who are/were buying Titan all of a sudden stop believing the rumours because they're not as nice as they were !

Up until yesterday charts were making their way out. They were so convincing that people actually sold their cards in order to buy Titan.

Yet today all of a sudden those charts can't be relied on at all because they show it in a different light.

Really strange that isn't it? and I'm expressing anger just because I decide to believe in today's rumours.

That's my prerogative.

I'm pretty sure the only person who actually sold up was Gregster, and he's been pretty vocal about the reasons why, in that, it's not just because of Titan, but he was generally not happy with the performance of his 680s compared to what else was available.

This will be a win win situation for him really, if Titan turns out to be a bit rubbish, he's got the option of 2 watercooled 7970s which will be a lot faster than his 680s, with a bit of change in his pocket from selling the 680s.

Permabanned
Titan is good every one goes "oooo !"

Titan is bad every one goes "Ahhhh !"

It's no different to any other day man.

I'm not even getting one, so I don't care either way, and I can tell you that your negativity is bringing the thread down.

In any case, the thread has been derailed enough. I'm looking forward to the reviews and benchmarks tomorrow.

Soldato
Why is Andy even Angry, I mean why so emotional? it's not as if it's life or death or anything, it's just a new GPU launch, he's not even interested in one by all accounts, regardless of performance.

Relax and look forward to the reviews, try not to derail the thread with your own personal views/rantings, it's really not that serious.

Caporegime
OP
Any ideas on how the voltage control is set to work? As what I read earlier was linking power targets and voltages directly to temps, if thats the case wouldn't the card go mental running at subzero, or even at 40c in a loop?

Edit: Who knows, Nvidia might even give it relative pricing too, less then a 690, more then a 680...

I imagine it works in the same way as the GK104 cards throttle down when they hit 70c. These will probably ramp up till they hit 70c. No idea if I am honest but can't imagine it will give much more performance.

Deffo pleased to hear the voltage gimping has been lifted but by how much will be evident soon.

This will for sure make me get a water block (not that I wouldn't anyway).

Back
Top Bottom