Poll: General election voting intentions poll

Voting intentions in the General Election - only use the poll if you intend to vote

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 287 42.0%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 67 9.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 108 15.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • UKIP

Votes: 137 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Your main cricitism seems to be that the Tories didn't reverse labour's spending largesse on pensioners...

Yet no one is addressing the massive problems we have with adult social care. Tory/labour they are basically different sides of the same coin, the problem is the capitalist system and a society built on greed mainly thanks to thatcher. No one seem to do anything to help the disadvantaged it's about bribing large sectors of voters Tory = bribe rich and old people, labour = working classes. The middle ground gets ****** with paying for it all

Soldato
Yet no one is addressing the massive problems we have with adult social care. Tory/labour they are basically different sides of the same coin, the problem is the capitalist system and a society built on greed mainly thanks to thatcher. No one seem to do anything to help the disadvantaged it's about bribing large sectors of voters Tory = bribe rich and old people, labour = working classes. The middle ground gets ****** with paying for it all

The issue is the under 25's tend not to vote and the largest block are the over 55's so whoever wants to the run country will chase the grey vote.

The downside is we are now top heavy with more over 60s who have lived a very comfortable existence and want to protect what they have got. However do you think they care about the decades of debt that has / will be racked up after they have gone ?

Associate
Is this your way of telling us you've got a duplicate account to vote twice in polls?

The poll hasn't been edited so it shouldn't allow a second vote unless something has gone wrong with the database which is possible I suppose.

I actually haven't voted the second time because I'm so 1337 at democracy.

I don't understand why. We bought the poll software from Zanu-PF.

"Accurate results 120% of the time."

Caporegime
The downside is we are now top heavy with more over 60s who have lived a very comfortable existence and want to protect what they have got. However do you think they care about the decades of debt that has / will be racked up after they have gone ?

Is this really true? Obviously they're not a representative sample but the pensioners I've talked to are extremely concerned about their children and grandchildren and will frequently put themselves out to ensure the well-being of their descendants.

Soldato
Is this really true? Obviously they're not a representative sample but the pensioners I've talked to are extremely concerned about their children and grandchildren and will frequently put themselves out to ensure the well-being of their descendants.

There's a difference between pensioners directly helping out blood relatives and pensioners being okay with the government laying a fair proportion of austerity on to them. Most are happy to do the former (if they can afford it) but unhappy at the prospect of the latter.

I don't think anyone really wants to see unfair changes made, but surely means-testing has to become a feature of pensioner benefits? How much taxpayer money is wasted annually on those pensioners who don't need free bus passes, winter fuel allowance and a state pension? I don't think anyone really agrees that it's a fair system, but it is unfortunately one that's difficult to police without getting in to politically sensitive areas (e.g. should someone have to sell their home to fund their living costs in old age? Or is property exempt from any means testing?).

Last edited:
Soldato
I think many will vote UKIP out of exasperation with main parties.

I would say i'm voting UKIP more as a protest than because I think they'll do a good job.

I just can't bring myself to vote for anyone else really. I don't trust any of them to keep to pre-election promises or do what is right for the country. What a sad, sorry state British politics is in, it's utterly pathetic.

At least leaving the EU would solve one of the (admittedly smaller) problems with UK politics.

Don
So the results of this forum are showing either a straight conservative win or a ConUKIP coalition? (which is essentially a conservative government anyway based on the number of defectors)

Soldato
I think we can be thankful for small mercies that GD on OCUK isn't reflective of the wider country in general! :p

Last time we weren't massively off tbh.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18142677&highlight=general+election+2010

Last time we:
Over voted conservative by 4%
Under voted labour by 15.8%
Over voted LibDem by 7%
Under voted UKIP by 0.5%
Under voted Greens by 0.6%
Under voted SNP by 0.7%
Over voted BNP by 0.1%

From that the only bias we seem to have is that we don't like Labour....

Soldato
There's a difference between pensioners directly helping out blood relatives and pensioners being okay with the government laying a fair proportion of austerity on to them. Most are happy to do the former (if they can afford it) but unhappy at the prospect of the latter.

I don't think anyone really wants to see unfair changes made, but surely means-testing has to become a feature of pensioner benefits? How much taxpayer money is wasted annually on those pensioners who don't need free bus passes, winter fuel allowance and a state pension? I don't think anyone really agrees that it's a fair system, but it is unfortunately one that's difficult to police without getting in to politically sensitive areas (e.g. should someone have to sell their home to fund their living costs in old age? Or is property exempt from any means testing?).

I am approaching pension age (62) and agree that most pensioner benefits should be means tested (or even depreciated over time).

I do not agree that the state pension should be. It establishes a basic income for everyone and probably well over 99% of people would need it. Most people will factor in the state pension when calculating their pension income. Pensioners still pay tax throughout their retirement if they earn more than the standard allowances.

Allowing pensioners to earn a little more income from savings is beneficial to all as it allows them to spend assisting the economy also it means that if social care is necessary they would likely have to pay for most of it.

The return on the £10k cap bond is £400pa on the longer period comparable with a typical return of £200 on current rates. Not a huge amount of money per week, about £4.00, for someone on a fixed income.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom