Poll: General election voting intentions poll

Voting intentions in the General Election - only use the poll if you intend to vote

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 287 42.0%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 67 9.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 108 15.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • UKIP

Votes: 137 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I think it is almost a certainty.

It will be spun by Miliband "As proof he can make tough decisions for the benefit of the country"

More likely to be a informal agreements reached on a vote-by-vote basis i.e. Labour minority government as Trifid alludes to. I still say the most likely outcome of the election is a Conservative majorty government, which of course suits the SNP just fine.

Permabanned
More likely to be a informal agreements reached on a vote-by-vote basis i.e. Labour minority government as Trifid alludes to. I still say the most likely outcome of the election is a Conservative majorty government, which of course suits the SNP just fine.

All the talk of "informal agreements" is nothing more than sugaring the pill in my opinion.

Sadly, it looks like the SNP will be Kingmaker.

Both Miliband and Cameron will do a deal if it means power, mark my words.

Caporegime
On what are you basing that, Scorza? Nothing I've seen suggests a Tory majority. It would be an incredible achievement of they did it.

There's always a swing to the Conservatives on polling day. People grumble and complain to the pollsters and say they're fed up with the government, but come election day they vote for what they know. Especially pensioners, and they love David Cameron.

I heard a new poll released today (to the Daily Mail) gives the Tories a 4 point lead.

Soldato
What is making me laugh now with all the scaremongering about a Labour/SNP coalition (Not that I would want one) is the soundbite of "How would you like the SNP to hold the balance of power"

Well, being the (very) minority part of a coalition government hardly gives you the 'balance of power' as just shown with the Lib Dems over the last 5 years.

They have had some influence, but have hardly been pulling the strings...

Soldato
Media saying Lib Dem are expected to side with Conservative again in coalition. Going to use EU referendum as bargaining chip. Could be interesting combo, Conservative, UKIP, Lib Dem and DUP potentially.

Soldato
Media saying Lib Dem are expected to side with Conservative again in coalition. Going to use EU referendum as bargaining chip.

I presume you mean they'll ask for it to be scrapped given the Lib Dems don't want one. Can't see the Tories agreeing to that after seeing how much stick the Lib Dems got after backtracking on tuition fees. David Cameron has been bigging this EU referendum up far more than they did with their promise not to raise tuition fees, so they can't compromise on that one.

Soldato
I presume you mean they'll ask for it to be scrapped given the Lib Dems don't want one. Can't see the Tories agreeing to that after seeing how much stick the Lib Dems got after backtracking on tuition fees. David Cameron has been bigging this EU referendum up far more than they did with their promise not to raise tuition fees, so they can't compromise on that one.

No. They will agree to it in return for favours on their own policies.

Soldato
Erm, you did see the pensioners tearing into David Cameron right? Also i thought the oldies are all voting UKIP now? That's what everyone keeps telling me

I don't understand this pandering to old people tactic because whilst the older you are the more likely you are to vote, I'd also say older people are also more likely to be set in their ways and a lifelong [insert party here] voter which cancels out trying to appeal to them (or lessens the need to tailor your policies to them if you already have the older vote)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom