Poll: General election voting intentions poll

Voting intentions in the General Election - only use the poll if you intend to vote

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 287 42.0%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 67 9.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 108 15.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • UKIP

Votes: 137 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Why would it? That's like expecting the viewing figures for Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway to drop after the Jimmy Savile revelations.

You don't stop watching light-entertainment because someone on another channel who also made that type of show decades ago turned out to be a paedophile. So why would someone who votes for UKIP be turned off voting for them because someone else from another party who was anti-immigration for a different party decades ago (might, and there doesn't seem to be any actual evidence yet) have been a kiddie fiddler?

Not many people watch totp repeats if savile's on or buy gary glitter albums, folk don't like doing or supporting anything that's got links to paedoism and Enoch is like a saint to these people.

Soldato
Not many people watch totp repeats if savile's on or buy gary glitter albums, folk don't like doing or supporting anything that's got links to paedoism and Enoch is like a saint to these people.

Not sure you're understanding my point. Of course, people don't buy (or more accurately 'businesses won't stock') Gary Glitter albums, but we're not talking about how the sales of Enoch Powell's books might be affected. It was asked whether the revelations would affect UKIP's support, so given Powell was a Tory, how is he linked with UKIP other than being anti-immigration?

Let me use a better analogy, expecting people to not vote UKIP because Enoch Powell, a Tory, may have been a paedo is like expecting people to shun charity work after Savile on the basis they don't want to engage in anything he was linked to.

You would obviously laugh at someone if they said they were going to stop doing fun runs for charity because someone else who did them in the past turned out to be a paedophile.

Soldato
Not sure you're understanding my point. Of course, people don't buy (or more accurately 'businesses won't stock') Gary Glitter albums, but we're not talking about how the sales of Enoch Powell's books might be affected. It was asked whether the revelations would affect UKIP's support, so given Powell was a Tory, how is he linked with UKIP other than being anti-immigration?

Let me use a better analogy, expecting people to not vote UKIP because Enoch Powell, a Tory, may have been a paedo is like expecting people to shun charity work after Savile on the basis they don't want to engage in anything he was linked to.

As I said above Enoch was like a saint to these people it will hit them hard as they remember all the times they've pontificated about Enoch or sang dubious songs with his name in and obviously they are going to be teased and ribbed by their chums about loving a paedo imho this will have an impact on voting intentions.

Soldato
The BBC "poll of polls" isn't a BBC poll Rroff. It's an average of a large number of national polls. I would have thought that a poll here would yield a similar result, but as you can see, it's way off the average.

Half of the people on this forum don't even know who Rita Ora is. I wouldn't expect ocuk to be a fair representation of Joe Public

Soldato
As I said above Enoch was like a saint to these people it will hit them hard as they remember all the times they've pontificated about Enoch or sang dubious songs with his name in and obviously they are going to be teased and ribbed by their chums about loving a paedo imho this will have an impact on voting intentions.

I'm not sure if you're confusing the BNP with UKIP now?

Soldato
Green 97%
Labour 96%
Lib dem 81%
UK Ind 37%
Con 8%
Plaid C 97%
Scot N 96%
Sinn F 88%
Dem U 13%

Quite surprised by the results I got but an online quiz can't be wrong can it?

Associate
UKIP 95%
Cons 95%
British Nationals 85%
Lib Dem 71%
Labour 56%

That's a pretty spot on web test, it's either UKIP or Conservative for me, 50/50 split but still currently undecided, exactly the outcome.

Embarrassed no end with my apparent labour affiliation, ugh, I feel like taking a shower to wash off that lefty stench :D

Soldato
UKIP 95%
Cons 95%
British Nationals 85%
Lib Dem 71%
Labour 56%

That's a pretty spot on web test, it's either UKIP or Conservative for me, 50/50 split but still currently undecided, exactly the outcome.

Embarrassed no end with my apparent labour affiliation, ugh, I feel like taking a shower to wash off that lefty stench :D
I like the way you are more concerned about being 56% Labour than 85% BNP.

LibDem 87%
Lab 85%
UKIP 83%
Con 82%

Quite an unhelpful spread :D
Very unhelpful indeed!.

Just vote based on the most amusing name of candidate is the way forward.

Soldato
No quite sure of how much edl or kippers loved and supported Enoch, just in case you're under the impression I don't know E was a tory, he was my mp for a time

Jesus you really are over reaching. Enoch has nothing to do with UKIP. There is zero proof right now anyway so a bit of a non story but even if there was there is no reason at all it would effect the UKIP vote.

Your really scraping at the bottom of the garbage bin now

Soldato
Lib Dem - 89%
Labour - 80%
Conservative - 76%
UKIP - 69%

Whilst I would still vote Lib Dem given the chance, the probability of anyone other than Tory winning where I live is nill.

Caporegime
Lib Dem - 89%
Labour - 80%
Conservative - 76%
UKIP - 69%

Whilst I would still vote Lib Dem given the chance, the probability of anyone other than Tory winning where I live is nill.

I think the Lib Dems are being a little unfairly vilified, yes they have made mistakes and U-turns.

Being the minority in a coalition i don't think they had much choice, if anyone watched "Coalition" on CH4 the other night, i think its a good insight into what's actually going on.

The Tory's are expected to ruthless and nasty, anything the Tory's do the Lib Dems can't really stop them, its the Lib Dems that ultimately get the blame for Tory's doing what Tory's do.

I don't want the Tory's back in, they have a Victorian ideology and not in a good way.

They want to run a surplus, and to do it they will take even more money away from already struggling hard working families in the next parliament. They are already paying 62% of their earnings into the Tax system, we are one of if not the highest taxed people in the developed world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom