Poll: General election voting intentions poll

Voting intentions in the General Election - only use the poll if you intend to vote

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 287 42.0%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 67 9.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 108 15.8%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • UKIP

Votes: 137 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I see Labour have recruited a tax avoiding Hobbit for their campaign...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbHNVtsAD2M

Back in 2013 it was widely reported that Freeman allowed his long-term partner and fellow luvvie Amanda Abbington to go bankrupt after she was whacked with a £120,000 tax bill. At the time the Mirror described the arrangement under the headline “Morally Bankrupt” as:

“an absolute disgrace… Amanda has been with Martin for 10 years and they have two kids – even if she really is skint why on earth can’t he chip in and help out with the bill?.. because she and her multi-millionaire partner can afford a fancy accountant, she doesn’t have to either, because he’s found her a way out of it”
Did Labour know about their star celeb’s past before they lined up his endorsement today?

Check out the last page - she's paid the money back.

Caporegime
That's very public spirited of her. I wonder if the media pressure had anything to do with it...

It's more to do with how bankruptcy works - you can't pay your debts so you declare yourself bankrupt to give yourself protection which allows you to reach agreement with your creditors on how the debt is to be paid back.

Soldato
So did Cameron - greenest government ever? won't raise VAT? Big Society? Though I agree the tuititon fees issue for Clegg was a massive mistake - he should have pushed the Tories harder on cutting pensioner benefits.

And why should they have to cut back on pensioners? Some of the poorest people in this country are pensioners and considering the vast majority have contributed to the country throughout their life time, they should be looked after.

Considering there is a finite pot of money, the money, through the budget (obviously dependant on what party is in power) gets pushed around to the benefit of the poor, the old, the wealthy etc. Everyone gets a piece of the pie, you just have to wait your turn. Its just not possible to cater for everyone at the same time which is why the budget always benefits one group one year and another group another year.

Soldato
The sick and disabled should be looked after also but they are not going to be. Absolutely disgusting and to be expected from a party that knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. They will selectively target recipients of working age because they will be less likely to vote for them.

Last edited:
Caporegime
And why should they have to cut back on pensioners? Some of the poorest people in this country are pensioners and considering the vast majority have contributed to the country throughout their life time, they should be looked after.

Considering there is a finite pot of money, the money, through the budget (obviously dependant on what party is in power) gets pushed around to the benefit of the poor, the old, the wealthy etc. Everyone gets a piece of the pie, you just have to wait your turn. Its just not possible to cater for everyone at the same time which is why the budget always benefits one group one year and another group another year.

The idea was that if the Lib Dems had pushed harder on pensioner cuts e.g. means tested free bus pass, end winter fuel allowance for pensioners residing in hot countries like Spain, then they could have got more for their core voters at the last election - students.

Soldato
Plus ask yourself quite truthfully would you really want the Edds Milliball's running things?

I don't think it's right to put that much on the party leader when voting. You're voting for your representative (in your constituency) in parliament. The GE shouldn't be a popularity contest of the leaders.

Sadly this does seem to be the way it's going, more like the American way where the leaders spend weeks roaming around trying to appeal to people.

Much better IMO to consider the party policies as a whole (by skimming the manifestos) and look at all the candidates in your area, than paying too much attention to "can he eat a bacon sandwich". :rolleyes:

Permabanned
A rise in Corporation Tax will cost 100,000 jobs say the Tories as Labour will raise it to 21%.

Then you look at the detail.

Corporation tax is currently at 21%, it wall fall to 20% in April then Labour will raise it to 21% in May.

it's is a shocking claim from the Tories.

I don't think it's right to put that much on the party leader when voting. You're voting for your representative (in your constituency) in parliament. The GE shouldn't be a popularity contest of the leaders.

Sadly this does seem to be the way it's going, more like the American way where the leaders spend weeks roaming around trying to appeal to people.

Much better IMO to consider the party policies as a whole (by skimming the manifestos) and look at all the candidates in your area, than paying too much attention to "can he eat a bacon sandwich". :rolleyes:

The representatives in my contituancy are hardly any better than he is the current Labour administration in Bracknell(I didn't vote for them) belives a Bi weekly bin collection is a great idea rubbish one week, recycling the next, I've seen rubbish piling up outside peoples houses due to thier policies and it's not cool also if he's too incompetent to even eat a sandwich properly what hope does he have running his party let alone the country and important negotiations on it's behalf?

Caporegime
The representatives in my contituancy are hardly any better than he is the current Labour administration in Bracknell(I didn't vote for them) belives a Bi weekly bin collection is a great idea rubbish one week, recycling the next, I've seen rubbish piling up outside peoples houses due to thier policies and it's not cool also if he's too incompetent to even eat a sandwich properly what hope does he have running his party let alone the country and important negotiations on it's behalf?

Refuse collection is under the control of your local council, guessing Bracknell Forest, which has been under Conservative control since 1997. To be fair though, the fortnightly bin collections have been introduced so that councils comply with EU directives on recycling a certain percentage of waste.

Refuse collection is under the control of your local council, guessing Bracknell Forest, which has been under Conservative control since 1997. To be fair though, the fortnightly bin collections have been introduced so that councils comply with EU directives on recycling a certain percentage of waste.

Really then why the hell do Labour keep posting **** through my door claiming responsibility for all the stuff thats happened council wise in the last god knows how many years including the fortnightly collection of bins I need to speak with my local MP not that they'll be about but it's the principle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom