Poll: General election voting round 4

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 276 39.5%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Green Party

Votes: 41 5.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 125 17.9%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 50 7.2%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 33 4.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • UKIP

Votes: 128 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Looking very difficult for the tories to be in power now. David Cameron is for the chop.

If the polls hold and are accurate he doesn't stand a chance, a LabLib coalition is the only outcome (a ConDem coalition would be outnumbered by Lab+SNP and everything vetoed).

Last edited:
Soldato
The only real difference maker could be if the Libs underperform and aren't able to give Labour enough seats for a majority, that would require a second election which would benefit the Tories as UKIP voters would have seen how pointless/self defeating it was in the first election and switch back.

Soldato
I'd like the leaders to openly state who they would/wouldn't form a coalition or formal agreement with.

How can I vote tactically if I don't know who may side with who?, a vote for the Liberal Democrats could result in either support for the Conservatives, Labour.

Miliband has impressed me recently, and perhaps leaning more towards labour now.

Voting for anyone ukipers and bnp supporters rabidly oppose, surely is in good standing.
Who were you considering before if you don't mind me asking?.

Did the debates influence this change of opinion?.

Caporegime
You must be easily impressed

Hang on, how on earth could Miliband impress anyone, even you, please let me know!

Say what you like about Milliband, but at least he's put himself out there and hasn't been afraid to meet the public and take on his critics in the debates. Unlike cowardly Cameron, hiding because he's scared of UKIP.

Soldato
Say what you like about Milliband, but at least he's put himself out there and hasn't been afraid to meet the public and take on his critics in the debates. Unlike cowardly Cameron, hiding because he's scared of UKIP.
I'm not the biggest fan of Miliband, but he's endured what is one of the longest & most fervent & sustained attempted media character assassinations by the right-wing media for as long as I can recall.

Your reasoning for voting for Party D is because everyone else hates Party A and B?
Remember what I said earlier.

Soldato
How is people caring about the election result Americanisation? :confused:

This is a hugely important election. There's a bigger difference between the parties than there's been for a long time and we're faced with a particularly interesting and unpredictable election. I plan on staying up myself with a bottle of fizz in the fridge in case Nick Clegg loses his seat :D

As someone who lives in Nick Cleggs seat I will be gutted if he losses it, not because I'm his biggest fan but because an ill thought out protest vote for a Labour candidate who's party don't actually represent the wishes of the people in the constituency will have won.

The literature coming through my door is pretty shocking and the number of people I know who are going to vote labour just to 'get rid of Clegg' without any thought for what they will actually be electing is shocking.

This seat has never returned a labour MP in it's history which fingers crossed will remain the case after the election, it would be a mighty impressive turn around for a labour party who were a distant third at the last vote.

Soldato
Who were you considering before if you don't mind me asking?.

Did the debates influence this change of opinion?.

Respect party, George Galloway Bradford west

To be honest I had only ever seen snippets of miliband prior to the debates and although not the ideal reason to dislike someone found him a little odd and strange. In the debates he came across well, and dispelled the the oddities a little bit.

Soldato
Respect party, George Galloway Bradford west

To be honest I had only ever seen snippets of miliband prior to the debates and although not the ideal reason to dislike someone found him a little odd and strange. In the debates he came across well, and dispelled the the oddities a little bit.

George Galloway - for real?

Something along the lines of that most UKIP voters are allergic to reason & information.

This is what scares me about the party I know plenty of intelligent people who are normally reasonable individuals who insist UKIP have it right and refuse to look at anything beyond 'getting out of Europe and stopping them immigrants' the parties manifesto is laughable and the fact that Nige is the only one they dare let on camera tells you all you need to know about the others!

Caporegime
Indeed, they always seem to get bundled together by a certain type of forum member.

Besides, which socially progressive groups advocate the cause of paedophiles?.

Some groups prefer an approach which focuses on prevention & rehabilitation (as opposed to vengeance) but this isn't akin to 'advocating the cause of them'. Even the most fervent liberal agrees with the incarceration of dangerous criminals for the prevention of innocents.

Either this is a pathetic attempt to slander liberals as being paedophile sympathisers or an accidental showing that he equates paedophiles to homosexuals.

Which one is it? (I'm fairly certain I know already).

This isn't the first time he has made such comments and revealed his true beliefs.

Just the sort of person who votes for UKIP.

Caporegime
The only real difference maker could be if the Libs underperform and aren't able to give Labour enough seats for a majority, that would require a second election which would benefit the Tories as UKIP voters would have seen how pointless/self defeating it was in the first election and switch back.

labour almost certainly won't get a majority even with the lib dems regardless, so the likely outcome is some confidence and supply deal wi the SNP. Along as the SNP give a vote of confidence for labour or a Lab-lib coalition then they will get into power.

The only way a new election will come about is if thr SNP don't do some kind of deal,to block the Tories, but it is hard to see why they would do that. A re-election a may see the Tories in power.

Caporegime
As someone who lives in Nick Cleggs seat I will be gutted if he losses it, not because I'm his biggest fan but because an ill thought out protest vote for a Labour candidate who's party don't actually represent the wishes of the people in the constituency will have won.

Voting out someone who has behaved as badly as Clegg is an entirely legitimate response and a worthwhile part of any democracy. He will be reaping exactly what he has sown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom