Poll: General election voting round 4

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 276 39.5%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Green Party

Votes: 41 5.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 125 17.9%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 50 7.2%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 33 4.7%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • UKIP

Votes: 128 18.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
What do people think of the Americanisation of this election?

People from work are actually booking the following day off to sit up and see results come in. Talk about hype....

It will make a difference, but not THAT much of one this time. lol

Man of Honour
OP
Why? The people on this forum are mostly right-far right and have been since I first started posting here back in ???? The poll will never reflect anywhere near the result of the real world voter. Look at how OCUK voted in 2010.

PS I have had to sign up again twice .... can any long serving poster remember roughly how long ago that is?

It's not meant to be taken particularly seriously, it's just to see how (or indeed if) voting intentions change in OcUK over time and after hearing material from the parties. I figure there won't be much change but it adds a bit of interest for some.

That may have some basis in reality. UKIP vote here has declined while the Labour-Tory ratio has been stable. That is reflected in the national polls.

However, when the sample is extremely skewed then you have to be very careful to draw conclusions, regressi0n towards the mean and so on.

I wouldn't suggest drawing any firm conclusions from the polls, treat them as a bit of interest and little more. The only thing you could say with any degree of certainty is that the people who've elected to vote in these polls seem to be pretty stubborn given the apparent lack of movement in their voting intentions...

People from work are actually booking the following day off to sit up and see results come in. Talk about hype....

I'm off anyway but can't say I've got any intention to wait up for the results to come in, maybe on the day I'll get caught up in the excitement though. :o

Soldato
Why? The people on this forum are mostly right-far right and have been since I first started posting here back in ???? The poll will never reflect anywhere near the result of the real world voter. Look at how OCUK voted in 2010.

PS I have had to sign up again twice .... can any long serving poster remember roughly how long ago that is?

Agreed. The poll is nowhere near indicative of the views of the nation. The most you can read into it is 20-40 something's, who like computers, computer games, cars, mustard and fapping will mostly vote Tory. A few of the angry ones UKIP.

Soldato
Poor Nigel is getting a spanking by Evan Davies on BBC1, poor man should have fact checked before spouting his rhetoric over the election campaign.

His chickens are coming home to roost

It's interesting how you see it differently to just about everyone else, Evan Davies is receiving a battering on twitter for his awful interview. Spending 25mins of a 30min interview talking about other interviews, he didn't even start talking about the manifesto until 19:53. Not to mention his bizarre, ridiculous and unnecessary line of questioning going off onto Paddington bear?!!?! "You must hate Paddington bear then!... the fictional bear. you racist!" :D It was a car crash telly for the interviewer!

Just go to Evan Davies twitter feed!

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's interesting how you see it differently to just about everyone else, Evan Davies is receiving a battering on twitter for his awful interview. Spending 25mins of a 30min interview talking about other interviews, he didn't even start talking about the manifesto until 19:53. Not to mention his bizarre, ridiculous and unnecessary line of questioning going off onto Paddington bear?!!?! "You must hate Paddington bear then!... the fictional bear. you racist!" :D It was a car crash telly for the interviewer!

He should stick to Dragons Den.

Associate

Farage really confused poor Evan by actually answering his questions with sincerity.
Even before the Paddington Bear bit, I saw an interviewer out of his depth.

Its very refreshing being able to vote for someone I actually agree with on everything.

But I fully expect we will get the same old Red or Blue result from the sheep.

Soldato
Farage really confused poor Evan by actually answering his questions with sincerity.
Even before the Paddington Bear bit, I saw an interviewer out of his depth.

Its very refreshing being able to vote for someone I actually agree with on everything.

But I fully expect we will get the same old Red or Blue result from the sheep.

Isn't insulting other voters not going to help convert them to your cause?

Soldato

The interview style was no different for the other leaders interviewed thus far. Nigel was left wanting when challenged with real facts rather than anecdotal sound bits he's been putting out there.

Paddington Bear was used to help Nigel understand the term Metropolitan Elite which he keeps throwing around.

Caporegime
I think the economic argument against slavery is the best argument, universally.

I don't. I think the economic argument is considerably weaker than the moral argument.

No, absolutely nothing. What is right and wrong but values we as a society have decided upon? In many parts of the world, gay rights are not right.

Right and wrong can be internally consistent or not. We can have a system of morality that is healthy for those involved, or not. Gay rights are right all around the world; the people who oppose them are wrong.

The only logical argument against slavery is an economical one, is that the root of your argument? You might have thought through the moral arguments, but that has nothing to do with logic.

Your idea that morality and logic are entirely separable would be widely disputed by pretty much every philosopher of the subject. Utilitarian arguments against slavery, for example, are solidly grounded in logic.

Because social progressives adovcate the cause of minority interest groups: Homosexuals, Transgenders, Minority ethnic groups, Paedophiles etc.

One of these is not like the others.

Caporegime
I also see a Labour vote as voting for indirectly voting for SNP now too. I cannot stand the thought that Scottish Nationalists will have a direct impact on our lives.

This is bonkers. The thing that will reduce SNP the most is Labour getting enough seats in parliament to govern without them. The Conservatives are almost certain to not have enough seats to form an administration, even with Lib Dem support, but Labour are pretty close to be able to do so. A few more Labour seats would mean they could form a rainbow coalition, taking backing from other parties on a case-by-case basis.

Not voting Labour makes them being pushed around by the SNP more likely not less likely.

Caporegime

How is people caring about the election result Americanisation? :confused:

This is a hugely important election. There's a bigger difference between the parties than there's been for a long time and we're faced with a particularly interesting and unpredictable election. I plan on staying up myself with a bottle of fizz in the fridge in case Nick Clegg loses his seat :D

Soldato
Because social progressives adovcate the cause of minority interest groups: Homosexuals, Transgenders, Minority ethnic groups, Paedophiles etc.

One of these is not like the others.
Indeed, they always seem to get bundled together by a certain type of forum member.

Besides, which socially progressive groups advocate the cause of paedophiles?.

Some groups prefer an approach which focuses on prevention & rehabilitation (as opposed to vengeance) but this isn't akin to 'advocating the cause of them'. Even the most fervent liberal agrees with the incarceration of dangerous criminals for the prevention of innocents.

Either this is a pathetic attempt to slander liberals as being paedophile sympathisers or an accidental showing that he equates paedophiles to homosexuals.

Which one is it? (I'm fairly certain I know already).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom