Poll: General election voting round 5 (final one)

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 3 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 403 42.2%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 59 6.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 176 18.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 67 7.0%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 42 4.4%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 8 0.8%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Respect Party

• Scottish National Party

Votes: 37 3.9%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

• Sinn Fein

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 154 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the SNP stand for anything except Scottish independence.

You may want to read their manifesto, its not what the press want you to believe

They are experts at the politics of division.

You may want to have a look at how the Tories spread the lie that the bottom 1% are holding the country back hence the war on benefits, they successfully managed to get the 'have nots' to ridicule the 'really have nots'. No mention of the extremely low wages which are then propped up through Tax Credits

You may want to read their manifesto, its not what the press want you to believe

Manifestos don't mean much imo, especially ones from parties who can only hope to have some sort of a deal with a larger party. End of the day it's about who you trust and I don't trust Nicola and Alec Salmond at all when it comes to the running of the UK.

You may want to have a look at how the Tories spread the lie that the bottom 1% are holding the country back hence the war on benefits, they successfully managed to get the 'have nots' to ridicule the 'really have nots'. No mention of the extremely low wages which are then propped up through Tax Credits

True, but the Tories create division between the rich and the poor across the UK, they don't turn the English against the Scots etc.

Still be voting Conservative, Though like some others have said I would love to see some kind of grand coalition between all parties where they work together for the benefit of the whole of the UK.

Not going to happen in my life time. :(

I can't understand why Milliband has ruled out any deals with the SNP. It's arguably the easiest way to win power, and Labour would be the dominant party. So why not go for a coalition?

1) Because he wants voters in Scotland to vote for Labour not the SNP, so can't be allowing them to think vote SNP get Labour/SNP.
2) Because it will cost him votes in England, where people are getting a bit fed up of all the special treatment Scotland gets. I think most English people see the SNP as a very capable political party, Salmond especially, but they're definitely not on our side.

I'm not a fan of any party but i'm voting Tory.. merely because the country needs consistency and the way I see it, generally, we've never been so well off.. and when I hear that Costa shares are rocketing, apple sales sky high.. then it's clear that there is exposable income. I'm not saying this is the case for everyone but i'm saying n the face of things there is opportunity.

Remembering the 70s.. when my dad had to hold 3 jobs down just to pay the bills and put food on the table.. that we never went abroad or owned our own TV..

We are too wrapped up in consumerism and luxuries to remember what is important and it's about time we got our heads out of this hyper reality cloud we live on.

The Conservatives are likely to reduce child benefit substantially, according to Alexander.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32526461

Interesting stuff, this, I think. There's plenty of skeletons in the coalition's cupboard and if the Lib Dems start dragging them out it could hurt the Tories run to election day.

£12bn is a big whack of unspecified benefit cuts and it seems pretty clear that the Tories don't believe there's a popular way to do it (or they'd be trumpeting what exactly they plan on doing) so the attack on child welfare seems likely.

Best be prepared to be very angry in the days following the election, very much looking like this will be the most probable outcome. :p

It's highly unlikely, given the expected results, the only coalitions capable of getting the 322 seats needed for a majority are:

1. LD, SNP, Labour (345)
  2. Green, SDLP, SNP Labour (322)
  3. Green, PC, SNP, Labour (323)
  4. Conservative, Labour (549)

Ed Miliband has categorically stated that Labour will not form a coalition with the SNP, the Lib Dems have said they will not form a coalition with an anti-UK party such as the SNP/PC, and the idea of a Tory/Labour coalition is laughable, so it doesn't seem like the is any viable coalition (if the predicted seats are accurate) and we will end up with a second election. Which plays into the hands of the Tories as UKIP don't have the resources to fight a second campaign and a lot of their voters will have been disheartened by how poorly they did in the first election (if seat predictions are accurate).

We are too wrapped up in consumerism and luxuries to remember what is important and it's about time we got our heads out of this hyper reality cloud we live on.

How does voting Tory help with this thinking ? The massive growth in Zero Contract hours where individuals who work have no security, the super-rich have seen their wealth double in the last 5 years, stagnation for the rest of us.

Plenty of studies show that trickle down wealth hasn't worked under the Tories, whilst the deficit has continued to grow

It's highly unlikely, given the expected results, the only coalitions capable of getting the 322 seats needed for a majority are:

1. LD, SNP, Labour (345)
  2. Green, SDLP, SNP Labour (322)
  3. Green, PC, SNP, Labour (323)
  4. Conservative, Labour (549)

Ed Miliband has categorically stated that Labour will not form a coalition with the SNP, the Lib Dems have said they will not form a coalition with an anti-UK party such as the SNP/PC, and the idea of a Tory/Labour coalition is laughable, so it doesn't seem like the is any viable coalition (if the predicted seats are accurate) and we will end up with a second election. Which plays into the hands of the Tories as UKIP don't have the resources to fight a second campaign and a lot of their voters will have been disheartened by how poorly they did in the first election (if seat predictions are accurate).
Those are extremely unlikely to happen. As soon as SNP are involved all the other parties drop out. The only chance of lab and SNP is if between them they get enough seats for majority and there is still the question of if labour will actually go through with it. I'm not quite sure they want to risk losing the rest of the UK vote at the next election as a result.
The most likely outcomes are con or lab minority or con/lib coalition. It will be one of those three and no other.

Retrospectively removing Child benefit would be wrong.

I wouldn't have a problem with it being means tested or limited in the future though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom