Poll: General election voting round 5 (final one)

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 3 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 403 42.2%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 59 6.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 176 18.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 67 7.0%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 42 4.4%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 8 0.8%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Respect Party

• Scottish National Party

Votes: 37 3.9%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

• Sinn Fein

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 154 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Retrospectively removing Child benefit would be wrong.

I wouldn't have a problem with it being means tested or limited in the future though.

Yes, i fully support limiting child benefit to 2 children but it cannot be retrospective. Although if there's a family of 10 and they have an 11th child then they cannot have more money.

It'll take a few years but the hope is it'll stop the ****less pumping out large families.

Voting Labour. I live in a very marginal seat between Labour and the Tories. I like Ed Miliband but couldn't really vote for the Lib Dems or the Greens even if I wanted to.

Not afraid of the SNP either. I think most Labour voters are relishing the chance of an actual left-wing party sharing power with Labour.

The Sun has come out with a conservative victory. I know it's the sun, but they have had an uncanny ability to predict the result.

The Sun has gone that way purely because Murdoch told them too. Ed Milliband stood up to him over phone hacking whereas Cameron stayed quiet and this is the result.

Labour have only ruled out a formal coalition with the SNP, not all agreements.

Sadly I've predicted all along a Conservative majority government and I still think that will be the case - they're sneaky sods and will do anything to win this election so that they can finish the job on English public services.

They have ruled out any deal.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/26/ed-miliband-rules-out-confidence-and-supply-deal-with-snp

Sadly I've predicted all along a Conservative majority government and I still think that will be the case - they're sneaky sods and will do anything to win this election so that they can finish the job on English public services.

I agree with this. Although they might not get a majority, they will do much better than the polls are predicting.

Last edited:
I'm a little torn on my vote.

If our elections were based off of proportional representation, I would vote Lib Dem

But I live in a Labour/Tory swing seat, with LD a distant 3rd (probably 4th behind UKIP this time). A vote for LD won't affect this election at all.

I'm keen for the Tory government to be removed, but I'm not a supporter of Labour's own brand of social conservatism, so would be reluctant to vote for them - but helping keep the Tories out could be worth it.

I'm actually somewhat most in agreement with an independent radical left "party", whose policies I tend to support, but obviously they don't have a full manifesto, and a vote for them would be lost in the ether.

I suppose I should vote LD, as at least it gives one more tick to their numbers to keep them seeming more of a realistic voting option in future elections.

Apparently I have the equivalent of 0.142 votes.

I did actually read Ukip manifesto, and the thing is, if they dropped the anti-immigration/anti-EU rhetoric and got a leader who wasn't all manners of evil compressed into a human body, they might look like a credible alternative.

I just can't abide his "man of the people" and "not a career politician" thing he tries to carry off, it's utter rubbish and so far from the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom