Poll: General election voting round 5 (final one)

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 3 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 403 42.2%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 59 6.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 176 18.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 67 7.0%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 42 4.4%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 8 0.8%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Respect Party

• Scottish National Party

Votes: 37 3.9%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

• Sinn Fein

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 154 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sun has gone that way purely because Murdoch told them too. Ed Milliband stood up to him over phone hacking whereas Cameron stayed quiet and this is the result.

Er, by stayed quiet you mean he also stood up to him, and that it was under his government that Murdoch got teabagged over the phone hacking?

Er, by stayed quiet you mean he also stood up to him, and that it was under his government that Murdoch got teabagged over the phone hacking?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2011/jul/16/rupert-murdoch-ed-miliband-phone-hacking

Compared to Ed, Cameron has been very quiet

Ed Miliband has demanded the breakup of Rupert Murdoch's UK media empire in a dramatic intervention in the row over phone hacking.

In an exclusive interview with the Observer, the Labour leader calls for cross-party agreement on new media ownership laws that would cut Murdoch's current market share, arguing that he has "too much power over British public life".

Apparently I have the equivalent of 0.142 votes.

I did actually read Ukip manifesto, and the thing is, if they dropped the anti-immigration/anti-EU rhetoric and got a leader who wasn't all manners of evil compressed into a human body, they might look like a credible alternative.

I just can't abide his "man of the people" and "not a career politician" thing he tries to carry off, it's utter rubbish and so far from the truth.

Why would they, it's the main reason they exist! Otherwise if they did what you want then they'll be a carbon-copy of the Tories.

I'd like to vote Tory but as a low earner at the mo I don't think I'll get a good deal.

In 13 years of Labour rule they did **** all for low earners. in fact they taxed you more. After 5 years of this government they raised the tax free allowance to the point were they have given everyone an extra £65 per month in their pay packet.

Just to put that into perspective for you

In 13 years of Labour rule they did **** all for low earners. in fact they taxed you more. After 5 years of this government they raised the tax free allowance to the point were they have given everyone an extra £65 per month in their pay packet.

Working and child tax credits were very generous under Labour. You could even get something up to household income of about £65k under the Child tax credits side

Now, you get nothing for working credits unless you're minimum wage or below (part time, but above about 22(?) hours).

Working and child tax credits were very generous under Labour. You could even get something up to household income of about £65k under the Child tax credits side

Now, you get nothing for working credits unless you're minimum wage or below (part time, but above about 22(?) hours).

So basically you only want to vote for a party who will give you free money?

Earn it instead!

Rubbish, as Cheesyboy said they introduced the whole Tax Credit system for low earners.

And your tax threshhold historically only rose very slightly, it only went from 3,000 to 6,000 in 20 years! 1990 - 2009(So that includes plenty of Tory governments) and it only went from 1100 - 3000 in the previous 10 years 1979-1990

The massive increase we have seen in the last 5 years has been wholly and exclusively down to the Lib Dems - something they seem to get little to no credit for.

Last edited:
So basically you only want to vote for a party who will give you free money?

Earn it instead!

Me? No, not a labour voter. And above the earning limit for tax credits anyway.

Was just correcting an inaccuracy.

As it happens, I support redistribution to low earners and families, so would support a return to Labour's tax credits levels - even though I wouldn't get anything. But I'm still not a labour voter :)

Working and child tax credits were very generous under Labour.

Rubbish, as Cheesyboy said they introduced the whole Tax Credit system for low earners.

So you're all a-ok for being blackmailed into voting Labour then? How pathetic :rolleyes:

How about you don't get the money taken away from you in the first place instead? The overhead of taking the money in tax and then giving it back to you must have been a huge waste, billions

So you're all a-ok for being blackmailed into voting Labour then? How pathetic :rolleyes:

How about you don't get the money taken away from you in the first place instead? The overhead of taking the money in tax and then giving it back to you must have been a huge waste

Using tax credits means you can target particular groups for your handout, rather than a broad-brush giveaway of a personal allowance increase.

Government can, for example, recognise the contribution to the future workforce that having children provides, and recognise the increased cost to the individual by targeting a tax reimbursement at parents.

It's cheaper than giving everyone a handout too - balancing the books ;)

From my largely independent stance (can't vote for any major party) at face value Labour seem to have the best Economic plan, Lib Dem seem to be making it up as they go and the Tories are going to break the economy with cuts.

Tax credits are a con, they created a poverty trap, essentially giving you no reason to progress yourself as you'd loose to much.
Theres something wrong when you get a payrise but end up far worse as it pushed you over the threshold.

Good idea in general but its very badly implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom