Poll: General election voting round 5 (final one)

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 3 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 403 42.2%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 59 6.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 176 18.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 67 7.0%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 42 4.4%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 8 0.8%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Respect Party

• Scottish National Party

Votes: 37 3.9%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

• Sinn Fein

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 154 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hopefully shut a few of you right wing people up if labour win :):)

Do not vote for the party that allowed the systematic rape of thousands of children across the country in the name of multiculturalism and Political correctness. Don't vote for a party that has the economic prowess of a 5 year old and sheltered 52 pedophiles.

Soldato
Yougov is a good poll to go by (normally) but I do wonder if we will see the return of the shy Tory voter (if i were asked by a polling company I would lie and say i'm voting Labour) given that the conservatives are still in power and as many as 1 in 7 are still undecided.

Finally I would say please vote Conservative but given the 42% coverage they have here that be preaching to the converted.

Man of Honour
It could go either way, on one hand Labour/SNP would have the numbers to block another ConDem coalition, but on the other the Tories would have the numbers to cause headaches for a LabDem coalition especially if the SNP objected to a policy it was putting forward.

It is quite possible at this point we may get a hung parliament followed by a second election because nobody could get the numbers to form a stable government.

If predictions are accurate then only the following combinations will give the 322 seats needed for a majority:

1. Labour + LibDem + SNP (344)
  2. Labour + SNP + PC + Green (322)
  3. Labour + SNP + PC + Green + SDLP (325)
  4. Tory + Labour (547)

1-3 are out because Miliband has said Labour will not form a coalition with the SNP (he's trying to look strong by saying it, but he has no choice, it would be suicide for Labour both in England and Scotland).

4 is laughable.

The only somewhat viable option seems to be a Labour + LibDem coalition (293) which would just outnumber Tory + DUP + UKIP (290) and would see the SNP either back them or abstain (except for Trident, but that would have Tory backing anyway).

Of course if nobody can form a government we would see a second election, which would strengthen the Tories due to many voters who defected to UKIP returning after seeing UKIP fail to meet their expectations in the first election, though of course this would also see some Labour defectors return from Green/SNP, it's way too early to guess how a second election would pan out.

There is one other option.

The government no one’s talking about: the Tories propped up by the SNP

http://gu.com/p/48686

Yes, it sounds strange, especially given the rhetoric, but could the SNP really turn down devo Max if it was on the table and not lose substantial support, maybe more than they would for making a deal with the devil to get it.

Soldato
10 Reasons to vote UKIP today

1. Ukip would raise the personal allowance to a minimum of 13,000

2. We would scrap the divisive and horrible policy that is the bedroom tax.

3. We would put 12billion into the NHS over the course of the next parliament and finally put an end to the Labour and Tory politicisation of our health service.

4. It's time to reform immigration, that's why Ukip would take back control of our borders meaning we can implement a fair and ethical points based system.

5. We will introduce a flexible state pension, meaning you can take a slightly lower state pension so you can retire at 65 even as the state pension age increases.

6. On housing, we promise a brownfield revolution to help build a million homes by 2020 and ease the problem of the housing crisis.

7. On transport we'd scrap the white elephant vanity project that is HS2.

8. We would withdraw from the common fisheries policy, meaning we can introduce a 12mile limit for UK fisherman and a 200 mile Exclusive Economic Zone under UK control

9. We will be strict with foreign criminals by first of all preventing them who try to come into the country and then deport criminals who commit crimes here.

10. The 10th reason is that only Ukip MP's will stand up for the English against the SNP.

Caporegime
3. We would put 12billion into the NHS over the course of the next parliament and finally put an end to the Labour and Tory politicisation of our health service.

wheres the money for this coming from?

Caporegime
wheres the money for this coming from?

Cut from foreign aid budget from 0.7% GDP to 0.2%, and in amount of money not paid to EU (£50bn a year I think). UKIP is the only political party whose manifesto has been fully audited by an independent body to make sure the sums add up. I really hope UKIP cause a significant earthquake in UK politics today - what does it say about our country if we're still prepared to put up with Lib/Lab/Con after all they've done to us?

Soldato
There is one other option.

The government no one’s talking about: the Tories propped up by the SNP

http://gu.com/p/48686

Yes, it sounds strange, especially given the rhetoric, but could the SNP really turn down devo Max if it was on the table and not lose substantial support, maybe more than they would for making a deal with the devil to get it.

My first thought was 'no chance', but reading the article I can't really find anything argue against. The SNP would be reelected in Scotland for delivering Devo Max. Cameron could kill any talk of him having 'broken the union' by pointing out that he has quelled the Scots will for independence and solved both the Barnett Formula and the West Lothian Question in one shrewd move. The SNP wouldn't even need to back a Tory government - moving out of the way (i.e. abstaining) would likely do the trick.

I expect moving Trident would have to come as part of the deal though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom