Poll: German Grand Prix 2018, Hockenheim - Race 11/21

Rate the 2018 German Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Permabanned
yh exactly FIA are a joke these days

Yes, I dislike how the entire races they torture us with Hamilton's current race position, how much he gained, how much it is left for him to win the championship and similar nonsense. Not a single onscreen display what happens with Sebastian's points.
If they want Hamilton winning, just cancel all the remaining races and hand him that precious title... WTH?!

Caporegime
Was mainly thinking Azerbaijan where all the cars jumped off the track in front of him. Without the safety car at Silverstone 2nd was unlikely, no rain today he'd have been 5th.

Not saying he hasn't had any bad luck! But in normal conditions the last 2 races the incidents and mechanicals would have dealt him massive championship damage as it is he's come out ahead!

I always find it strange when people can't even think where the race was going before these incidents.

Hamilton was catching Kimi and Verstappen incredibly quickly in Silverstone, he was well on for 3rd place at least before the safety car and that's before you consider that Kimi and Verstappen pitted very early so were either going to require another pitstop or be even slower as the race wore on. Hamilton pre safety car was nearly assured of 3rd but when you consider his tire life was far far better than Bottas's and he was already gaining up to that point. Had Bottas lost performance in the same way which would have been worsened by less laps under safety car then Hamilton might well have gotten 2nd anyway. That of course completely ignores... you know, being hit by Kimi in the first couple of corners which sent him to the back in the first place. Actually I believe Kimi didn't take his penalty till the second stop, so Hamilton was just no question going to beat Kimi in that race, easily.

Today, Hamilton was gaining hand over fist on the front 4, he had fresher tires with higher temps, the faster tire and as the other cars were dropping 2 seconds a lap which was causing tires to drop temps, which would further drop performance and cause more going wide/off track (as it already obviously did) Hamilton was already likely on for minimum 2nd. Again when the safety car happened he was about 2 seconds off 2nd place and the only reason he wasn't second was there were so many backmarkers Hamilton was avoiding making late passes in corners. 2 laps later with the back markers gone he was going to be second and was vastly faster than Vettel.

If Vettel doesn't go off then Hamilton probably comes first, Vettel second and Bottas 3rd. Kimi's older tires were doing horrendously in the rain and had let Bottas catch and pass him easily, he'd been off track at least twice in the previous couple laps.

Caporegime
hamilton impeding Grosjean during qualifying

pushing his car on track during qualifying

Really, pathetic. Hamilton's car was stopped on track anyway. They actually stopped the car after running it by a area they could push it off track. Had Hamilton not pushed the car it would have taken longer to get it off track and the yellow flags were there because the car was there, not because Hamilton was there. Hamilton didn't in any way impede Grosjean. Seriously, that is a genuinely pathetic complaint.

Have you also noticed that Kimi lost the position to Bottas because he wasn't allowed to lap the slower Haas? There were no blue flags or what?!

Kimi wasn't 'not allowed to pass', Bottas already closed up because Kimi went off track the previous lap and I think also a few corners earlier. He had no traction and went off on the corner, nothing more or less. Bottas passed because Kimi couldn't keep his car on track, if he had gone slow enough to keep the car on track.... Bottas would have passed him anyway, if he'd gone slow enough to keep the car on track, he wouldn't have been close to a back marker.

Soldato

Yes, I dislike how the entire races they torture us with Hamilton's current race position, how much he gained, how much it is left for him to win the championship and similar nonsense. Not a single onscreen display what happens with Sebastian's points.
If they want Hamilton winning, just cancel all the remaining races and hand him that precious title... WTH?!

yh agree

Soldato
DiuHOLKU8AAveFX.jpg:large

Caporegime

hamilton impeding Grosjean during qualifying

pushing his car on track during qualifying

I'm sure when you stated he deserved a penalty because he was pushing his car on track you meant in a previous season.

Also just for the record the stewards checked the telemetry. Grosjean got close, he didn't actually back off. Hamilton was starting a hot lap and while close wasn't actually slow. Because of the line he took he was faster than normal at that point of the corner meaning he was actively pulling away from Grosjean.

It was bad timing and the team didn't tell him how close Grosjean was, but he didn't block or slow down Grosjean at all hence not worthy of a penalty.

Regardless, it's clear you were talking about qualifying yesterday not a potential penalty from a previous season. Vettel got a penalty this season for blocking because he was actually very slow on the racing line and caused someone to have to leave the track to avoid him. Even then he got a 3 place penalty iirc, if you think what Hamilton did to Grosjean was the same level of blocking.... well, we know how biased you are.

Soldato
Dull race up until that splash of rain. After that, much more interesting. As much as I'm a huge Lewis fan, i do feel sorry for Seb. I think it's a shame the torrential rain after race finish didn't come what, 10 minutes earlier?

Back
Top Bottom