GERMANIUM

Associate
Thanks it’s defiantly a great spec and config for the money and something that will last me a long time.

Just gotta be patient before I can order it. Did you change any of the configuration?

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks it’s defiantly a great spec and config for the money and something that will last me a long time.

Just gotta be paicent before I can order it. Did you change any of the configuration?

I only changed the case to the Phanteks Pro M Glass to save some money and for improved airflow. Only the regular Pro M (plastic and not full window) is in the germanium configurator but no issue to change. I was tempted to change to Gigabyte auros 7 mobo but stuck with asus all around for the aura rgb synch. Added some fan halos and 2 rgb strips. Those mobo, ram and 1080ti are all in synch now.

Associate
If you can get it under £300 I would. I dropped the hdd also as already have a 850 evo ssd. Kept the default 960 evo nvme 500gb. Changed win 10 from dvd to usb as no optical drive specced either and so long since I upgraded pc I do not have win 10 already.

Associate
I have windows 10 licenses through work so will try to drop that, I know some places won’t sell overclocked without windows as they won’t be able to test the stability without windows installed.

I’ll call then an double check.

Associate
Yo Guys, I ordered the Germanium on Monday 5th :) with the strix 1080ti. Ill stick up some picks of the unboxing etc when it arrives :)

For the guys who have already got one, did you get it on or after the 7 working days or did OC pull it out the bag and deliver early? Im soooo itching to get in about this rig!

The only gripe i have is that i have bought a few pre builds before from another company (A/Ware, before dell ruined them) and the build updates from them where fantastic. You had a web portal you could access which showed you which stage your build was at. PSU being fitted, system at OC / Burn test phase / QA / ready to ship etc. It would be a nice touch for OC to do similar as at the moment ive got a £2500 PC order that is "in progress"... us PC junkies need more info (so we know when to phone in sick to work :) )

Soldato
I only changed the case to the Phanteks Pro M Glass to save some money and for improved airflow. Only the regular Pro M (plastic and not full window) is in the germanium configurator but no issue to change. I was tempted to change to Gigabyte auros 7 mobo but stuck with asus all around for the aura rgb synch. Added some fan halos and 2 rgb strips. Those mobo, ram and 1080ti are all in synch now.

what im surprised at, no ones done an 'app/software' that can control vendors RGB allowing mixture of hardware ! NZXT would be a bit harder to include but think it would make someone a tidy profit if sold for £4 odd on steam etc .
did a zotac and asus build and managed to get them within 2 seconds change of eacher but still bugged me!

Associate
Yo Guys, I ordered the Germanium on Monday 5th :) with the strix 1080ti. Ill stick up some picks of the unboxing etc when it arrives :)

For the guys who have already got one, did you get it on or after the 7 working days or did OC pull it out the bag and deliver early? Im soooo itching to get in about this rig!

The only gripe i have is that i have bought a few pre builds before from another company (A/Ware, before dell ruined them) and the build updates from them where fantastic. You had a web portal you could access which showed you which stage your build was at. PSU being fitted, system at OC / Burn test phase / QA / ready to ship etc. It would be a nice touch for OC to do similar as at the moment ive got a £2500 PC order that is "in progress"... us PC junkies need more info (so we know when to phone in sick to work :) )

I ordered mine on a Friday mid morning and got the despatch email from OCUK and DPD the following Friday and it arrived on the Monday so 6 working days (not counting saturdays as I know they are open as a shop but doubt build staff are in). Mine had a few more changes to it so not a straight build from the configurator.

Associate
yep fanatic, ordered on Monday the 5th, dispatched Saturday the 12th... Its ETA is 2pm this afternoon for delivery :) gaming area is prepped and ready for the unboxing!

Associate
ok guys system arrived yesterday and I must say, it is a work of art! looks absolutely stunning. slight issue though is that I cannot activate the OC profile. If I go into bios, advanced then tools, there is profile 1 called OCUK. There are no other profiles to select. the 8700K is at stock 3.7ghz. Any ideas? also there where no haribo's! :)

Associate
I only got 2 haribos same as I got with a £4.99 mouse mat with free delivery. Good for my waistline I suppose but none at all is poor.

I never had to activate mine. I was a little confused as have not been keeping up with PC’s for years and was never into overclocking. So I expected to just go into windows and run cpu-z etc and see my cpu clock showing as 4.9 stable. But with SSE / energy saving it only boosts when it needs to. If I run NZXT CAM I see peak clock hitting 4900.

Associate
cheers fanatic, ill do a bit of delving, its no biggie as the system was eating pubg :) just need to transfer over my SSDs and the system is complete. now roll on sea of thieves so I can dominate the high seas :)

Back
Top Bottom