1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GERMANIUM

Discussion in 'OcUK Full Systems & Bundles' started by Filipe Silva, Jan 15, 2018.

1. P1Fanatic

Gangster

What case did you go for?

2. P1Fanatic

Gangster

Yeah mine sits at 144 fps pretty much all the time at 1080p most things on ultra or high except foliage. Just need to sort out a 144hz 1440p monitor once the bank balance recovers.

3. Zeetroyman

Associate

I went with the ethnoo in black with the glass sides. pubg was rock solid at 144fps on my acer predator at 2k resolution though I dummed down a few settings that you don't need for pubg (shadows etc).. on full ultra settings for everything it was stable at 100fps+

4. P1Fanatic

Gangster

Enthoo is a big range. I went Pro M glass. Did you mean the evolv as that has glass both sides. I was impressed with the cabling as all very tidy. Did you stick with default ocuk cooler - if so is your rad front or top mounted?

Need to look at putting a few pics up but have to link to url. Need to see if my qnap cloud supports that or dig out my old photobucket account.

5. Zeetroyman

Associate

yep I went with the evolve, default OC cooler with the rad at the front. looking forward to opening up the drive bays to install my other SSDs (not), probably need to stick a few on the back side of the case as well. probably leave them until the weekend so that the systems had a good week running before I start adding extras.

6. Filipe Silva

Associate

Hey guys, anyone here knows what is that *Build Stock* on the graphics card choice????

7. Milkybk

Soldato

Ordered this system from OCUK yesterday evening :). Gone for a 1TB SSD with 2TB SATA, everything else as was originally listed. Looking forward to trying out the new Intel chip and the 1080TI, been rave reviews about both.

8. P1Fanatic

Gangster

Nice. Is that 1TB still the 960 EVO NVME?

9. P1Fanatic

Gangster

I assume it means that they used it in a build and got changed out or possibly its a system builder version rather than full retail. My stric 1080ti was full retail as the massive empty box came with it.

10. P1Fanatic

Gangster

Oh and I reminder that from today you can claim the cashback via Asus if you purchased a mobo and intel cpu combo:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lp/asus-cashback.html

Thats a bit of cash off the ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q monitor I am thinking of buying to go with this PC as really feel the need to try a 144/165hz monitor.

11. orbitalwalsh

Soldato

prices wouldn't inflate as much as items GPU for resell as separate standalone items.

Known fact asus heavily supply another huge reseller to build 80% of their systems with their hardware

12. P1Fanatic

Gangster

Just trying to claim the Asus cashback but it asks for the serial number (easy as on the box) and the PPID which is on a thin white sticker somewhere on the motherboard (helpfully they neglect to say where on the board) but I can't see anything so must be hidden or very small. Googling suggests some Asus boards its between dimm slot and cpu slot but not on this board,

Anyone got any idea where to find it on a Z370-F before I resort to pulling things out to find it?

13. Milkybk

Soldato

Yes mate pretty sure it was. Samsung SSD’s are great. :)

14. Filipe Silva

Associate

I am just waiting for my Germanium, once I get it I will try to find out where to get the serial! This if you do not find it first.

15. nav_dcfc

Associate

Hi all. Have any of you chaps tried running dual monitors on this kit ? and whats the longest you've left them running without powering down.

16. Filipe Silva

Associate

Unfortunately I can't help you with that, I just use one monitor at 1440p.

17. Shoeyuk

Gangster

I’ve finally ordered mine.

18. Bri62

Hitman

hi all, thinking of ordering the germanium. just a few questions, would it worth upgrading to the titan from the 1080ti or any other upgrades you can think of.
    Thinking of this monitor .....Predator x34a

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018 at 8:35 AM
  19. P1Fanatic

Gangster

I think only you can answer that. One thing to bear in mind is that with the GPU increases the price of the germanium base spec (so the Asus Strix 1080) never went up. You may lose that benefit going to the Titan.

That said I see it now says build stock strix 1080ti. Mine was deffo the full retail version as the empty box was sent with the pc.

20. Filipe Silva

Associate

If you were buying just the gpu, for the price difference it's better to go titan, but with the germanium it's better to save money and buy other components instead! If you are specially gaming, the 1080ti beats the titan.