Getting iOS7 onto my iphone :)

Soldato
I tried to go back to 6.1.4 but restore did not work -'The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194)'

I then tried in DFU mode and same thing. Now its downlaoding 7.0.2 again through iTunes

I'm going to try taking in back to the Apple store tomorrow and swap for one on 6.1.3 or 6.1.4. In short, I hate 7

Too much white space everywhere, calendar broken, all the zooming in and out, floating (and crappy 2d) icons and stuff moving around...

Soldato
OP
or.. you know.. have a tiny bit of patience. Apple have a very good track record at fixing issues with new releases, they're already prepping 7.0.3.

And if you did go back to iOS6 you'd eventually end up wanting some app thats not compatible or wanting some sort of feature.

And seriously, if you have issues with software a Galaxy S4 is the last place you want to be going unless you're happy invalidating a warranty and flashing a decent ROM on it.

Man of Honour
Just like they've fixed their maps :p

Roll on the next update as this is peeing me off.
Mail and safari are both very unstable. And false notifications is also annoying on both mail and app store.

Thankfully I don't see the home screen often and just switch between apps.
The other thing i wish they changed, is how far you have to swipe to unlock.(or is there a setting to change it so pressing power button goes to home screen rather than lock screen. I only put a password on when I take it out the house)

And youtube app is unstable but that cant be blamed on apple.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I don't think you can turn all forms of screen lock off but with regards to everything else there's enough noise about iOS7 that they'll have to make some steady changes to it.

When I'm negotiating the use of iOS7 with my 8 year old you know things have gone too far.

Associate
Anyone else finding control centre really hard to bring up on the 4s, I take about 6 swipes for it to come up. Can it even come up from the home screen or has it always got to be locked?

Soldato
So I registered a new iPad 4 today and got the free iWork, iPhoto and iMove apps. I was expecting these to transfer to my other devices but they didn't :(

Associate
If you type in something in google search on Safari, and click on news you get the option for "more sources" but when I click on the "more sources" nothing happens, anyone else have this problem?

Soldato
Just a heads up guys, my slightly dodgy IOS 7 version got deactivated tonight and I had to put the phone into restore mode and update it to get it back.

I had upgraded before the official release using one of the versions found online.

Soldato
Just a heads up guys, my slightly dodgy IOS 7 version got deactivated tonight and I had to put the phone into restore mode and update it to get it back.

I had upgraded before the official release using one of the versions found online.

I aswell got this however my restore hasnt been so successful. I am unable to back up neither restore (it tells me to turn off find my iphone from the settings, but of course I cannot get to the settings).

Any help....anyone?

Edit - Think sorted it by using manual update (shift click).

Last edited:
Don
Does any one of any potential fix around the issues I'm getting with videos?

I'm finding that when playing videos (mobile youtube for example), I can't scroll through the time of the video with much ease - say I want to go back 15 seconds, I can only seem to go back now in random increments - like one step of 5 seconds, then a minute and a half and so forth... just doesn't seem smooth at all. Didn't get this with my 4S, I think it's an iOS7 think, or potentiall an iPhone 5 issue (using 5s here).

Soldato
Just updated my ipad 2 to ios 7.02 and now it will not activate:

"Your ipad could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable...."

I've tried connecting it to 2 different computers and activating over wifi but no joy.

Don't want to have to restore in DFU mode as don't have a backup.

Any ideas?

Also, if I look up the IMEI online, it says it's activated.

Soldato
Activation Lock is a bit of an issue in a workplace. We deploy iPads to staff, and when they leave they give them back (obviously). However, with iOS7, the iPad is now linked to their account, so when they leave we have no way of getting into it, even with a restore.

Its fixable by getting them to disable Find My iPad before they go, but was quite annoying being left with a now bricked iPad 4.

I ran in to something like this the other day. Enterprise iphone, handed back to me for a swap with a new one, and found I couldnt wipe the device without knowing one of the users personal password for one of their accounts.

:confused:

Even more of a reason to lock the phones down so they cant add personal things not authroised by the IT department.

Soldato
Not being able to get to spotlight by pressing the home button from the home screen is really quite annoying.

If you're in an app and you need to get to spotlight it much easier to press home to get to the home screen, then tap it again straight away to get to spotlight. You don't have to move your thumb at all, it was great in iOS6.

I could almost understand it if pressing the home button did something else, but it's not like they've even replaced the functionality with something else or made it an configurable option. They've just removed it all together.

Additionally, from the lock screen when you unlock it it takes longer than it should to get to spotlight. If you swipe right to unlock, then swipe down immediately it won't register until the zooming animation has finished, which doesn't seem to finish until a few moments after everything has stopped moving, this means normally means I end up swiping at least twice. It was probably like this in iOS6 but I never noticed because I wouldn't mind it so much if it was just an additional button click as apposed to another finger swipe fighting with an unresponsive animation.

What's the point in having these super fast speed increases every year if you can't get the most basic functionality of immediate access to your phone after a simple lockscreen unlock?

I wonder if they've only done this to try and reduce the wear on the home button.

Associate

With iOS 7 I can't even see embedded videos on forums on my iPad 3. Looks like WebKit issues to me.

There is nothing I like about iOS 7 over iOS 6.

I left iPhone 9 months ago and I'm leaving iOS altogether next week. I'm bored of it and it's starting to annoy me.

Al.

Man of Honour

I'm finding that when playing videos (mobile youtube for example), I can't scroll through the time of the video with much ease - say I want to go back 15 seconds, I can only seem to go back now in random increments - like one step of 5 seconds, then a minute and a half and so forth... just doesn't seem smooth at all. Didn't get this with my 4S, I think it's an iOS7 think, or potentiall an iPhone 5 issue (using 5s here).

I can only see the videos 50% of the time on the forums. Youtube app crashes(ok not apples fault, google obviusly need to upgrade it), safari crashes (and often), mail app crashes.

And the improvments they have made i dont use, like notification centre.

Yet again beta testers, after ios6 was released buggy i said to myself i wouldnt upgrade again till months afterwards, why didnt i stick to that.
Tried reseting it, still does the same.

Soldato
I ran in to something like this the other day. Enterprise iphone, handed back to me for a swap with a new one, and found I couldnt wipe the device without knowing one of the users personal password for one of their accounts.

:confused:

Even more of a reason to lock the phones down so they cant add personal things not authroised by the IT department.

Its extremely annoying. I understand why the feature is there, but in these situations its terrible.

Need to wait until a jailbreak comes out or if someone finds a way to force downgrade to iOS 6.

Back
Top Bottom