Ghost of Tsushima - directors cut

Soldato
I cannot speak foreign languages, therefore the "original intent" is going to be lost on me regardless.
I don't speak Japanese either, but can still appreciate the tone of the voice, intonation, and emotion. Typically, a good actor has a good command of these, average actor=dub is much (MUCH) worse. Having said that, GoT is hardly a masterpiece of acting, but Sekiro and Like a Dragon: Ishin are definitely vastly better in their original tongue. To the extent that it's a different experience. With movies the effect is even bigger as movie actors are higher caliber still.

Last edited:
Soldato
Open world game with day and night change where you cannot sleep or rest or move time forward in any way. How annoying.

And for some reason it is constantly raining. That flute is gonna get a lot of use.

Caporegime
So I realised that the side quests in this are rathe rtedious and repetitive, reminds me of Days Gone just tedious and full of faff but still necessary.

I like the game but I don't think I like it at RRP Steam price, so have refunded it and will re-buy it when it's on a sale at £30 or less which I think is fair cop for what's on offer.

Gameplay vid has now processed too:

Edit*
Oh sod's law it's changed to "taking longer than usual to process" - Typical...

Using 175hz mode again I see :p

Soldato
Open world game with day and night change where you cannot sleep or rest or move time forward in any way. How annoying.

And for some reason it is constantly raining. That flute is gonna get a lot of use.

Most open world day night cycle games do this. Even the ones with “sleep” make a half arsed attempt at best. But yeah, no sleep at all is a bit immersion breaking.

Soldato
Must say @Paul_cz you’ve made the game look like I’d enjoy it there. My bro has played this and raved about it. I don’t often enjoy single player games but this might be one I pick up.
I have 10 hours in it now and really like it. It is just fun wandering around medieval japan, helping people. It has such a pleasant flow to it. And no annoying immersion breaking animus BS!

Use a different crack :cry:

Do people seriously still pirate games these days? Especially people in rich western countries?

*Shakes head*

Last edited:
Soldato
Do people seriously still pirate games these days? Especially people in rich western countries?
Tbh the only reason I don't pirate is because I am lazy and like integration.

Steam is just a little bit more convinient which is why I pay, but I can admit I still pirate TV series and movies, since after downloading Plex provides a better experience than streaming services and has all content in one ecosystem rather than splintered. In steam at least you can add non steam games... Hell, I've ''pirated'' shows and movies I have legitimate streamign services for like Netflix, HBO, Prime and Disney...

I do whatever is more convinient and when pirating becomes more convinient and better than the legal way I will use that.
Oh, and cracks/no cd/dvd patches > original. DRM is malware :). Always online for SP games is a plague too, I've used the example more often but how can the Switch version of a game be superior to the PC version (e.g. Diablo 3), it's mind boggling.

Anyhow,: ontopic, this looks like a really cool game, I'll grab it when it is on sale I think.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have 10 hours in it now and really like it. It is just fun wandering around medieval japan, helping people. It has such a pleasant flow to it. And no annoying immersion breaking animus BS!

*Shakes head*

TBF, there's probably more reason to do so now than ever before. **** unfinished releases, overzealous spyware/'DRM'. Oh and vendor specific launchers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow. First time playing this game, never touched it on console, but been eagerly waiting for this one. Oh my days, it has not disappointed. I'm absolutely in awe of the visuals and the gameplay and I've only put in around 2 hours or so.

Performance is absolutely buttery smooth, always seems a stupid thing to say on a 4090 as you'd obviously expect that. But we all know how crap gaming has been the last year or so for badly optimised games. Running everything maxed out, it just flys along. Recorded everything at 4k maxed out if anyone interested. Ignore the cringe horrible intro, was done at 02:30 in the morning haha, timestamped the start of the action.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom