Ghost of Tsushima - directors cut

Question, I see a Motion Blur Strength slider there, dont see a tickbox to turn Motion Blur off altogether. Does putting the strength slider down to the lowest disable motion blur completely or does it still have some motion blur?
Setting it to 0 does seem to disable it completely.

Last edited:
What ambient occlusion setting are poeple using? I set it to XeGTAO as assume this is the higher AO method vs HBAO+. Not sure I see a huge difference between the two mind.

On lower performance systems/displays, motion blur gives the perception of a smoother rendering as it masks any frame motion juddering^

Edit*

Le Sigh...

wRAZ7jK.png

Last edited:
Thanks, god knows why games persist with even including motion blur, its always one of the first things I turn off in every game so its always good to know if it can be fully disabled
It's good to have the option but I love motion blur when it's done right as it can add realism. When it's done badly it looks awful.

Initial impressions of this game is it feels great at high fps, the 4090 isn't missing a beat running at 116fps, but it's disappointing that they've not really made any improvements graphically on what was originally a PS4 game. Some of the effects like fire and the water look really dated.

Yeah texture quality up close isn't all that to be honest, it looks like a game that goes back a few years. The use of modern AA doesn't round off straight lined textures either due to this, such as the horse's tail as an obvious one or other long bits of hair.

Lighting and atmosphere is great though.

Edit*
May be worth keeping an eye on nexusmods as someone is bound to do a HD texture pack!

Last edited:
Even the slightest amount of motion blur always results in me ending up with a headache.

Pity about the fire effects, dated fire fx can look really jarring

Yeah texture quality up close isn't all that to be honest, it looks like a game that goes back a few years. The use of modern AA doesn't round off straight lined textures either due to this, such as the horse's tail as an obvious one or other long bits of hair.

Lighting and atmosphere is great though.

Edit*
May be worth keeping an eye on nexusmods as someone is bound to do a HD texture pack!

I mean it does go back a few years…

On PS5 on next gen release it looked fantastic. Didn’t have an OLED at the time, I bet it would shine there.

Last edited:
Oh btw I am not using the new game ready driver too for this game as can't be bothered, looks/runs good enough as it is but might change over later.

Oh btw I am not using the new game ready driver too for this game as can't be bothered, looks/runs good enough as it is but might change over later.

Are you using frame gen? If you are can you try turning it off and letting me know if your framerate gets locked to 58?

I’ve turned off dlss and gone for DLAA as this game doesn’t seem that demanding but when I turn frame gen off my fps gets capped to 58 for some reason….

edit and update: It seems like it's a bug where if you have framegen enabled and disable it in game it will cut your framerate in half. The only way to resolve it is enable framegen again or restart!

Last edited:
RTX 4070, runs smooth on high settings but the one issue I have had is sound cutting out sometimes in combat. Not all sounds but in the middle of a swordfight having the enemy shouts and the ring of sword on sword go silent suddenly is a bit jarring. Might be something on my end but I did put latest drivers on when prompted.

Hopefully it's nothing that can't be fixed.

I'm not using frame gen no but did try out frame gen just now as was also trying DLDSR for 5160x2160 - Happy to report that DLDSR works flawlessly though you need to be in exclusively fullscreen to choose the res in game.

The 4090 drops to 56fps at this res using DLAA, but switching to DLSS Quality brings the fps back up to 80-85 average and high 90s in other areas. This is all fine.

Using frame gen increases the fps further but you can notice some added mouse input latency so I decided not to use any frame gen in this. The smoothness and instant response even at 80fps is quite remarkable and just like native 3440x1440, feels like it does at 120fps.

Getting a lot of AMD driver issues with my 7800XT, it's the fourth major release I've had issues with since swapping to AMD.

FSR3 Frame Generation doesn't work at all, the game locks up the second you turn it on.

EDIT: I've downgraded to the none optimised drivers and it seems to be much more stable, performance also seems better. If anyone with an AMD card is having issues maybe give downgrading a try.

Last edited:
I randomly took a punt on this, just finished Sand Land and was looking for a new SP game with strong storyline. It seemed well regarded on PS and Nixxes was involved so seemed like a reasonably safe bet it would be a decent port.
Pleasantly surprised so far. Not something I was tracking really, I was aware of it but never really considered it.
I'm about an hour or so in so far and I'm enjoying it, bit early to comment on storyline etc. However its engaging so far. Combat seems a good balance between enjoyment and difficulty, a bit more involving than just a button bashing.
Textures leave a bit to be desired, a bit simple, but dosnt in any way take away from the gameplay/experience. Atmosphere is quite epic so far.
Performance so far has been faultless, to the point it dosnt even cross my mind and it leaves to me to just enjoy the game. Very smooth no jitters, no dodgy stuff, no slowdowns etc (3070 on latest drivers, [email protected])

Main world has just opened up to me, I'll be putting in some time this weekend, looking forward to it.

So I realised that the side quests in this are rathe rtedious and repetitive, reminds me of Days Gone just tedious and full of faff but still necessary.

I like the game but I don't think I like it at RRP Steam price, so have refunded it and will re-buy it when it's on a sale at £30 or less which I think is fair cop for what's on offer.

Gameplay vid has now processed too:

Edit*
Oh sod's law it's changed to "taking longer than usual to process" - Typical...

Last edited:
pretty sure the ps5 upgrade was just resolution and framerate bump graphically, the core graphics are from ps4. Still looks good but it's more to do with the style and colour pallet mixed with the sound and setting that make it good.

So I realised that the side quests in this are rathe rtedious and repetitive, reminds me of Days Gone just tedious and full of faff but still necessary.

I like the game but I don't think I like it at RRP Steam price, so have refunded it and will re-buy it when it's on a sale at £30 or less which I think is fair cop for what's on offer.

Edit*
Never stop refunding mrk!

• Haha
Reactions: mrk

Edit*

Yep, it's really just ubi-esque stuff in an era AC hadn't yet touched. I finished it but I had to build up to it as I found it really average.
To the point all I can recall is the main character was called Jin and he had a horse.
Always felt very style over substance to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom