Ghost of Tsushima - directors cut

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Maxed out with dlss quality @ 3440x1440 and getting 70-80 fps, some areas go up to 100 fps, couple areas where it drops to 60s. Frame pacing is very good so it feels nice and smooth even in the 60s. FSR 3 frame gen brings frames to 100-120 on average and motion fluidity/clarity does look better but it doesn't feel as smooth and there are also graphical artifacts with FSR 3 FG as shown in technical articles so I just keep it off.

I think people are giving it too much credit for the performance as the visuals are very dated so I'm not surprised at it not running like complete **** :p I would be expecting more FPS for the visuals on display tbh. It's the art style and overall world design which really makes it excel. The shadows are laughably bad at times imo, as in they are hard and not diffused at all so some scenes just don't look right (@Calin Banc this would be a good game for RT shadows)

I would still rather play this than Hellblade 2 though tbh. I played the first one until it bored me to tears. Think I tried it on gamepass a couple of years ago.

As much as I love graphics, if I can't stand gameplay I get bored fast. Uncharted comes to mind. Awesome graphics, basic boring gameplay. I had to force myself to complete it as I dropped £20 on it or something like that on steam.

Either way, I won't be picking this up until it is much cheaper and I check out reviews to see if I will like the gameplay.

Caporegime
I would still rather play this than Hellblade 2 though tbh. I played the first one until it bored me to tears. Think I tried it on gamepass a couple of years ago.

As much as I love graphics, if I can't stand gameplay I get bored fast. Uncharted comes to mind. Awesome graphics, basic boring gameplay. I had to force myself to complete it as I dropped £20 on it or something like that on steam.

Either way, I won't be picking this up until it is much cheaper and I check out reviews to see if I will like the gameplay.
Oh yeah gameplay is always number 1. It's not like the visuals are bad but when you're so used to RT methods of visuals, things can be very jarring when you see bad raster effects that pulls you out of the game.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Oh yeah gameplay is always number 1. It's not like the visuals are bad but when you're so used to RT methods of visuals, things can be very jarring when you see bad raster effects that pulls you out of the game.

Dude. Sounds like Jensen gave with one hand and screwed you over with another, as he is getting in the way of you enjoying non RT games which is still many :p::cry:

As you know I like RT myself, but it's absence doesn't bother me much either. If I like the game I quickly get used to the graphics anyway. Happens with OG Deus Ex to me every time I replay it. At first I am like oh my these graphics. Half hour or so later the graphics look perfectly fine :cry:

Soldato
Just an FYI, don't bother with all those YT vids saying which skills to get first, which order etc etc. There is enough skills to max everything out in a single playthrough and my biggest advice is to sneak up on Mongol leaders and examine them (R2 on controller).

This gives you a bonus leader kill point alongside the point for actually killing them.

Also, the charm to tame enemy dogs is beyond OP...

Last edited:
Associate
Dude. Sounds like Jensen gave with one hand and screwed you over with another, as he is getting in the way of you enjoying non RT games which is still many :p::cry:

As you know I like RT myself, but it's absence doesn't bother me much either. If I like the game I quickly get used to the graphics anyway. Happens with OG Deus Ex to me every time I replay it. At first I am like oh my these graphics. Half hour or so later the graphics look perfectly fine :cry:
I'll take good art direction/style over RT any day of the week.

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
So, I have this on the PS4, the upgraded version on PS5. I havent played it much on either platform.

Worth me getting this for the PC? I also have an Steam Deck.

Associate
So, I have this on the PS4, the upgraded version on PS5. I havent played it much on either platform.

Worth me getting this for the PC? I also have an Steam Deck.

Not at full price if you own other copies already. Wait for it to drop in price.

The games good but I wouldn't buy it at full price if I had it on PS5.

What gpu do you have? If you're "only" going to be running it at 60fps I think there's even less reason to buy it on PC, as graphically it doesn't offer a night and day difference over the PS5 version in terms of textures etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not at full price if you own other copies already. Wait for it to drop in price.

The games good but I wouldn't buy it at full price if I had it on PS5.

What gpu do you have? If you're "only" going to be running it at 60fps I think there's even less reason to buy it on PC, as graphically it doesn't offer a night and day difference over the PS5 version in terms of textures etc.

See below

72QHuZq.png

Last edited:
Associate
Started playing this not long after completing a back to back playthrough of HZD and HFW. At first it felt quite dated somewhat in terms of graphics/presentation but moreso in terms of systems. However, now around 17 hours in and a good chunk of the way through Act 2 and these initial impressions have now changed and this is slowly becoming one of my all time favourites. The atmosphere, music and art style are fantastic. The character development, particularly Jin's, is really starting to shine and the combat feels really meaty with a considerable amount of depth. Can't wait to play the rest of it to its conclusion.

Soldato
Just come across my first and very frustrating issue. Sound bug where the player sounds have just disappeared, it has coincided with entering the Fort Kaneda. Dosnt seem to matter what I do or change it keeps happening. Seems its a known issue and I've tried all the recommended temporary fixes. I'm just going to put the game on the back burner for now and wait for a patch.:(

Soldato
Loving combat in this. Although I'm ignoring the rock-paper-scissors system as it turns fights into a simple mash Y to win if you're in the *right* stance. I'm just sticking to the only realistic kendo stance (the two handed stance) for all fights and you actually havce to dodge, parry, time attacks etc.

20240524183551-1.jpg

Soldato
Plays extremely well at max settings on my 7800x3d and 7900xtx at 1440p I'm getting 144fps. Not surprised as it's a fairly old game but they did a good job of porting it to pc.

Back
Top Bottom