Ghost of Tsushima - July 17th

Associate
Yes I’ll probably regret upping the difficulty then! Once I start a difficulty I like to stick to it so will refuse to lower it haha.

Soldato
I can take on the weaker enemies (think they're in white?) but come across armoured up to the teeth and I'm like "help".
You'll end up the same when you upgrade certain armour and weapons. Those enemies used to 2 shot kill me now they don't even scratch me with the armour I have. Collect everything you see - you're going to need it.

Associate
The world the devs created in this game is stunning! So easy to get lost in and the Gfx are breathtaking at times. Put about 25 hrs in now still on act 1. Just taking my time doing lots of side quests to level up as Lethal difficulty certainly is lethal haha. Loving it though! Runs beautifully on the PS5.

Associate
I never thought any game would top HZD for the best open-world game of the PS4 era but I think this is going to. I’m amazed at how good it is and it looks stunning. On the 2nd map in act 2 after about 35 hrs and it still is blowing me away visually. Love the difficulty in lethal too, really tough but always doable. Makes upgrading gear etc worthwhile. They nailed the atmosphere and the world feels alive.

Not sure what the experience was like in 30fps on ps4pro but in 60 it’s amazing. Still awesome at 30fps I imagine. This game feels “next gen” tbh. Be interesting to see how much better than this the new HZD looks, hopefully it’ll be a decent step up.

Soldato
Finished it. Brilliant game. Collected almost everything but I cba to go for all of it.

Don't make the mistake that i made if you are intending to go for platinum and that's to start a new game+ without upgrading the most powerful armour/weapons you have along with completing all the shrines, hot springs and fox dens. When you start new game plus+ although you keep your armour and perks etc it resets your progress on all of them. Also as you start a new game+ the supplies and materials are pretty scarce(particularly things like gold, steel and silk) and you will struggle to upgrade things like the Sakai armour to max level until you are about halfway through again.

I have done all the side quests and stories along with progressing the main campaign up to the point of going to take out the Kahn on new game+ but cant be bothered going back finding all the hot springs, shrines and fox dens again so getting i wont be able to get the platinum until i get those sorted which I don't currently have the enthusiasm for.

Soldato
Don't make the mistake that i made if you are intending to go for platinum and that's to start a new game+ without upgrading the most powerful armour/weapons you have along with completing all the shrines, hot springs and fox dens. When you start new game plus+ although you keep your armour and perks etc it resets your progress on all of them. Also as you start a new game+ the supplies and materials are pretty scarce(particularly things like gold, steel and silk) and you will struggle to upgrade things like the Sakai armour to max level until you are about halfway through again.

I have done all the side quests and stories along with progressing the main campaign up to the point of going to take out the Kahn on new game+ but cant be bothered going back finding all the hot springs, shrines and fox dens again so getting i wont be able to get the platinum until i get those sorted which I don't currently have the enthusiasm for.

Interesting thanks. I did consider NG+ because I really enjoyed my 50+ hour play through - usually when I get to that kind of play time I am wanting it all to be over (AC games I am looking at you) - this didn't suffer from boring filler I actually thought a lot of the side quests were really well done. Sucks that you don't get to keep the upgrades. I did everything apart from some singing crickets and Mongol artefacts and I don't fancy trying to grab those even though the fast travel loading times are awesome. I've uninstalled it anyway but I'll keep my save for a potential NG+ some time in the future.

Soldato
You do get to keep all your weapon, armour and perk upgrades but say if you have say most of the resources to get to the next level of armour/sword upgrade etc it resets and as they require a lot of resources like Steel, gold and silk. These are hard to obtain early in a new game. Its your progress on the shrines you find and complete, hot springs you find, fox dens you honour and pillar of honour you find that resets with the map so you have to find and complete them again. I *think* you might be able to just go to the ones you have not already completed but i cant remember which ones they were so would have to do them all again.

I started a new game+ as i wanted to play it on my PS5. And was a few months between completing, along with my poor memory, still made it enjoyable.

If you liked that and havnt already played it, i would get on Days Gone.. One of my fav games and currently free if your have a PS5 and PSPlus but can be had for less than a tenner.

Soldato
You do get to keep all your weapon, armour and perk upgrades but say if you have say most of the resources to get to the next level of armour/sword upgrade etc it resets and as they require a lot of resources like Steel, gold and silk. These are hard to obtain early in a new game. Its your progress on the shrines you find and complete, hot springs you find, fox dens you honour and pillar of honour you find that resets with the map so you have to find and complete them again. I *think* you might be able to just go to the ones you have not already completed but i cant remember which ones they were so would have to do them all again.

I started a new game+ as i wanted to play it on my PS5. And was a few months between completing, along with my poor memory, still made it enjoyable.

If you liked that and havnt already played it, i would get on Days Gone.. One of my fav games and currently free if your have a PS5 and PSPlus but can be had for less than a tenner.

Ok got it on the armour. I'd maxed out quite a few of them but not all. I held off playing GoT because of the PS5 update. Glad I waited as it looks incredible and runs like butter at 60fps. Same with Days Gone which I got with the PS+ Collection - it's on my ever increasing list but I will definitely get round to it at some point. Currently working my way through Demon's Souls - and as a more chilled out experience - mopping up the Spiderman Remaster DLC when I don't feel like dying all the time.

Soldato
Haha... you have more patience than me.. I cant be doing with being frustrated with games so not a fan of the Demon Souls etc..

I have been picking up a load of PS4 games cheap to play waiting for RE:Village and Horizon Forbidden West.

Soldato
I finally finished it the other night. It was a really good game, I give it an 8/10 but definitely not more.

It's the nicest looking videogame I've ever played. The amount of times I just had to stop and look around was silly, at certain times it downright looked real. And I was playing on the base PS4. I've never been one for taking screenshots or using photomodes in games, but I took like 100 of my gameplay :D I can only imagine what PS5/XSX games will look like in 5+ years time.

The game had great combat that progressed nicely, great outfits and some decent stories. The best part of the game for me was Act 1, but then I felt it dragged on. Both Act 2 and 3 were essentially the same thing as Act 1 with minor variations, so it overstayed it's welcome near the end and I just wanted it to end. The collectables didn't help either, way too many, so I ended the game without getting all the Records, Artefacts and Flags. I did get all the other stuff though.

The highlight of the game for me (aside from combat which was fun) was Yuriko's quest line. It completely broke me and I wasn't expecting it, it totally punched above the other stories IMO. Whereas the other questlines were a little too extreme and lost me a bit, you only do the revenge angle so much before it just burns out. But Yuriko, that hit me like a sack of bricks and I would love to see a future game focus a little more on variations of story instead of the constant 100mph lust for murder.

Soldato
Just got platinum on this. My first ever one! It was really easy actually, I had done almost everything during my playthrough of the game and only had about 3 trophies left to get, which I just spent 30mins doing now

Soldato
I'm struggling to to finish it. Played for 24 hours and suspect I'm only midway through ..
About to start the "long" Castle Shimura tale
Looks great and plays great on the PS5 but the side quests feel sorta samey. I prefer the sedate shrine puzzles to the combat!

Soldato
Really enjoying this now on the PS5. Looks great obviously.

It's taken me quite a while to get into the combat though, it's kinda annoying that you don't get more opportunity early on to practice, the fights are pretty sparse for the first few hours. It's very different to AC Valhalla that I've been playing recently.

I was playing in Japanese with subtitles at first, but the lip sync is still in English! Super annoying they couldn't have done both....so I've gone back to English audio.

Back
Top Bottom