**Ghost Recon Wildlands** Official thread

Soldato
Gutted I missed out on giving this a try - I much prefer PVE to PVP and am loving The Division!

When/if there is another beta, will it be the same people who get access or a whole new raft of players?

If they do an open beta (which I assume they will), then it will be available for everyone.

Associate
It's not like the Division.

There's gear and leveling up and shooting and 4-player co-op and it's Ubisoft, but the similarities end there.

There's a couple of basic skill trees for unlocking skills (drone battery/range, grenade launcher attachments, rebel air strikes, etc) but nothing like Division's skills.

Weapons are unlocked as you level up and collect parts throughout the world.

No RNG, no fancy armour or gloves, no shields.

Soldato
It's a horrible, basic and uninspired game from what I've played. Offers nothing new...it's all been done before a 1000 times over. And is 'Sicario' their favourite new word or something? Jeez. Unless something drastic happens for release i'll be avoiding this.

Soldato
All good points. We have no excuse nowadays about not being informed enough before making purchases - with betas, live streams, video reviews and lets plays. And even when we see concept footage and early gameplay we surely know by now that it's unlikely to be representative of a final product. Crying foul and claiming they took your money while lying to you isn't good enough any more.

*cough* No Man's Lies *cough*

Soldato
Seems like a more tactical Far Cry, but I like it. I'll wait for it to go on sale tbh.

tactical??? there's very little tactical about it. When something is as easy as this game is, even playing on the highest difficulty, you really don't need to be tactical at all. IMO opinion, any shooter that is third person and has a cover mechanic isn't at all tactical, it's just a game design based for quick arcade play. Plus all the tools you get at your disposal just make a lot of any serious tactics completely mute. The game to me just plays like Just Cause or Mercenaries with extra layers of fluff. Arma is what I'd call a tactical shooter not this.

Last edited:
Soldato
It is pretty easy though, that being said if you do silly things you can get yourself swamped.

I enjoyed the beta, needs quite a bit of optimisation though as runs poorly

Soldato
Well after I enjoyed playing it at the time I later thought nahhhh, but then just now watching JackFrags playing it I reackon I might buy it still. It should be called Farcry Modern Warfare in 3rd person. I always enjoyed a run around FC.

Gregster will you be buying?

Associate
its a buy for me, if they support it to the same lvl as the division i.e adding more content, fixing issues etc then it could be great.

Back
Top Bottom