**Ghost Recon Wildlands** Official thread

Soldato
Played it. Was ok, nothing special.

There were plenty of bugs and poor optimisation. It did look OK at 4k with everything maxed out but didn't play it like that as only had 15-20fps.

I would maybe pick it up if it was £10-£15 and there is still a community for it then. It was dull playing with AI and the enemy AI was awful. Even on Ghost setting. It was only challenging when someone dropped a shot without the silencer on and alerted the whole of a camp or something and that was only because you get swamped by the enemy numbers that just keep coming.

Also I forced myself to play in 1st person because it became awful in 3rd.

Soldato
Played it. Was ok, nothing special.

There were plenty of bugs and poor optimisation. It did look OK at 4k with everything maxed out but didn't play it like that as only had 15-20fps.

I would maybe pick it up if it was £10-£15 and there is still a community for it then. It was dull playing with AI and the enemy AI was awful. Even on Ghost setting. It was only challenging when someone dropped a shot without the silencer on and alerted the whole of a camp or something and that was only because you get swamped by the enemy numbers that just keep coming.

Also I forced myself to play in 1st person because it became awful in 3rd.

sounds like it is much better on console as i previously said, okay i havent played online, just been doing the campaign, but no faults i come across and not glitching, yeah there are some trees you can drive through, but its not exactly trying to be realistic.

if the link works(mess around video i recorded), this is why i think it has gta elements which can make it entertaining and daft :D:rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETiYjS-l8Ho

Soldato
sounds like it is much better on console as i previously said, okay i havent played online, just been doing the campaign, but no faults i come across and not glitching, yeah there are some trees you can drive through, but its not exactly trying to be realistic.

if the link works(mess around video i recorded), this is why i think it has gta elements which can make it entertaining and daft :D:rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETiYjS-l8Ho

Maybe it is.

I had things such as enemies disappear, glitch through walls, cars magically flip in the air by themselves whilst driving down the main road, change weapon animation and new weapon wouldn't show, walk/drive through trees, can't fire through certain objects you would expect and then at other times you could (chain link fence, hand rails etc for some reason being solid walls), big issues with texture popping no matter what graphical settings I used.

Honestly with how it was being sold I wasn't expecting it to be GTA with it daft. Personally isn't entertaining for me and I was hoping for something where Metal Gear Solid started with the open world but improved with the co-op and less repetitive style.

Unfortunately it feels more repetitive somehow and just doesn't have any tactical feel to it like you would expect from a Ghost Recon game. They used to be about working in a spec ops style gameplay rather than a run and gun.

It honestly would have been better if the game was more story focused and lead the players a little. The side missions in games like this always feel alien to anything that the story is trying for. To be able to give options where you complete the first main story mission and then have the option to respond to the next mission with different options and that then leads down one route to complete parts to get to the next main story mission etc would to me work much better in allowing the player to explore but understand the world in which they exist.

Associate
Ubisoft say an open beta is incoming. Really hope the closed beta was an old build, or that they've been SUPER busy between closed and open and it'll be much more polished. That said, lots of people were saying the same old bugs and weirdness was still in the closed beta from the alpha, so even more is still to be addressed prior to launch.

Or, most likely, post-launch... :rolleyes:

Was really looking forward to this but it's pretty damn disappointing from what I've played and seen (and they have bout 5 weeks until launch!)

Associate
Those of us that were in the closed beta got a feedback email, which mentions the open beta. No date for it yet though.

closedbeta.png

"Feedbacks"... :rolleyes:

Associate
Yeah, there'll definitely be a flurry of activity here as soon as someone gets notified about the open beta. Keep an eye on the @ghostrecon Twitter feed too.

Associate
I think the last closed beta was around 30Gb iirc, but I also think they said the Ob would be in a different area so cant be sure theyre the same size.

Back
Top Bottom