**Ghost Recon Wildlands** Official thread

Caporegime
Those performance figures do not fill me with any sort of confidence in a well optimised game given the visuals on display :/
Yup, exactly why I'm avoiding it. You have to reduce visual settings massively to get acceptable FPS and then the game looks pap... Poor show considering how many amazing big open world games there are out there that look just as good, if not better.

Underboss
I'm tempted, bored of everything in my library and the only game I'm looking forward to isn't out for full release for a couple of months I think.

The beta ran okay for me performance wise.

*Edit - sod it bought it on Steam, used my £20 GC.

Last edited:
Associate
Can play single player, but it is a lot more fun with coop apparently.

Had a quick bash on the BETA and unfortunately for me every person I was match-made with absolutely ruined the immersion and gameplay.

I'd say it has a lot of promise for co-op, but only if you have the friends ready beforehand.

Soldato
Had a quick bash on the BETA and unfortunately for me every person I was match-made with absolutely ruined the immersion and gameplay.

I'd say it has a lot of promise for co-op, but only if you have the friends ready beforehand.
Yeah co-op is only as good as your squad really, very hit and miss with randoms ,first time last night I had a good random squad and then the game started to shine for me up until then I was very non plussed about it

Associate
Yeah co-op is only as good as your squad really, very hit and miss with randoms ,first time last night I had a good random squad and then the game started to shine for me up until then I was very non plussed about it

Yeah I'm still not very into the game and I definitely cannot warrant the price tag because of my experiences in the BETA.

It's something I'd definitely be tempted to grab in the sale for £20 or so for a single player run through.

Soldato
Yup, exactly why I'm avoiding it. You have to reduce visual settings massively to get acceptable FPS and then the game looks pap... Poor show considering how many amazing big open world games there are out there that look just as good, if not better.
From what I've seen though it's visually stunning and two other visually stunning open world games I can think of GTA V and Hunter cotw also reduce a gtx 1080 to a quivering mess even at 1080p (in places)

Soldato
One thing that needs changing is when your in a squad with friends already it never allows randoms to join the last slot. Same with the AI it should keep the full 4 squad but replace them as people join instead of disabling them completely.

Caporegime
From what I've seen though it's visually stunning and two other visually stunning open world games I can think of GTA V and Hunter cotw also reduce a gtx 1080 to a quivering mess even at 1080p (in places)
Stunning yes... but that isn't much good when you have to drop settings to medium and for older/weaker systems, a lot of the stuff to low/off to be able to achieve a constant 50 fps @ 1080P and then the game will look very poor compared to the other big open world games that run very well with mostly max settings even on the slightly older/weaker systems i.e.

fallout 4 (god rays is the main FPS killer)
witcher 3 (hairworks is the main FPS killer)
division (shadows + volumetric fog are the main killers)
GTA 5 (if you don't touch the advanced system settings for draw distance, the games run extremely well)

Assassins creed unity + syndicate also look and perform better once you turn down/off the FPS killers, not to mention they are far more packed making the game world feel truly immersive/alive.

And to a lesser extent in terms of being "packed" and big open world, mad max + batman AK (although this ran really **** for a lot of people for a good few months)

And what makes it even more disappointing is that they have been working on the game for 4 years...

Soldato
It's something I'd definitely be tempted to grab in the sale for £20 or so for a single player run through.

To be honest im only playing it because I got it free with my 1070 ,id be a bit gutted if id paid full price for it but its ok for a stop gap game until some better comes out like mass effect Andromeda and bf1 dlc

Associate
To be honest im only playing it because I got it free with my 1070 ,id be a bit gutted if id paid full price for it but its ok for a stop gap game until some better comes out like mass effect Andromeda and bf1 dlc

Yeah, definitely one I wouldn't turn down as a freebie.

I just hope they worked on the driving controls since the BETA. I found them to be absolutely abysmal and much preferred travelling on foot. I will keep an eye on it and see how people find it and wait for a Summer/Winter sale bargain.

Soldato
Stunning yes... but that isn't much good when you have to drop settings to medium and for older/weaker systems, a lot of the stuff to low/off to be able to achieve a constant 50 fps @ 1080P and then the game will look very poor compared to the other big open world games that run very well with mostly max settings even on the slightly older/weaker systems i.e.

fallout 4 (god rays is the main FPS killer)
witcher 3 (hairworks is the main FPS killer)
division (shadows + volumetric fog are the main killers)
GTA 5 (if you don't touch the advanced system settings for draw distance, the games run extremely well)

Assassins creed unity + syndicate also look and perform better once you turn down/off the FPS killers, not to mention they are far more packed making the game world feel truly immersive/alive.

And to a lesser extent in terms of being "packed" and big open world, mad max + batman AK (although this ran really **** for a lot of people for a good few months)

And what makes it even more disappointing is that they have been working on the game for 4 years...

Perhaps it will be optimised/patched or perhaps it's as good as it can get and devs are starting to properly test hardware. I hope the latter! The games you mention are 3-4 years old so I would expect them to run better on older/weaker hardware. GTA V will run on anything, even an Xbox 360! But can also bring the most modern hardware to its knees!:D

Im Unsure of your system but if it's older/weaker I don't think it's fair to expect to be able to max a brand new game?

Soldato
I ffed up and preordered wildlands, as i liked the division a good bit spite its flaws. Then closed beta arrived and i found out that what i already knew, dont preorder numb nut (myself). Then i wrestled with ubisoft for 20 days to get a refund ending up having to threat with a paypal dispute. 2 days later i got my refund but they forgot to remove the game from my library :p. I've since been trying the game but its not worth the kind of money they want imho and right now its top on the list for deletion should i need the space on my SSD.

My main problems with the game is as follows
1) AI is dumber than a rock. Both teamm8s and enemies. Civi's dive out in front of the vehicle if you pass them on road. Enemies will completely ignore your AI squad members if they haven't seen you spite them(ai squad) being right in their face. Enemies will also mainly focus you in a gunfight and ignore AI teamm8s. WTF
2) Vehicles, especially cars. They bounce around like mad with no real weight to them. A lambo can all terrain over the mountains better than a proper 4x4 would ever hope to. Damage to cars from bashing into things is completely off and so is the damage models. There are no tire tracks at all and cars are often slightly dipped into the road or hovering over the ground.
3) Variance in enemy models. They all look the same. Same cloth and outfits.
4) Physics is also off the charts. Bullet drop is to heavy. I simply dont believe that a sniper bullet from something like a m40a1 will drop near 1-2 meters over 200 meters which brings me to velocity which seems like a travel speed of around 250-350 meters per second. If its an attempt to make sniping a bit harder why not include wind as a factor? That would have been cool. Also regarding physics, so many things that should be easy to destroy is invulnerable to anything else but the car and even the car at times. I mean last i heard c4 was a pretty effective way of removing an obstacle.
5) Performance needs some work.. I cannot believe how bad it is at times. I meet the recommended specs of this game even surpass it on the CPU side with a good deal thanks to an overclock yet i have to play with most options off or on low to maintain a 99 percentile fps of 60 or higher. WTF?!?

Caporegime
Perhaps it will be optimised/patched or perhaps it's as good as it can get and devs are starting to properly test hardware. I hope the latter! The games you mention are 3-4 years old so I would expect them to run better on older/weaker hardware. GTA V will run on anything, even an Xbox 360! But can also bring the most modern hardware to its knees!:D

Im Unsure of your system but if it's older/weaker I don't think it's fair to expect to be able to max a brand new game?
Probably will be better optimised at some point as the game seems to have been rushed out... Makes you wonder what they have been doing for 4 years.

Yes they are relatively old but they still look just as good, if not better (especially when you factor in that they have a lot more going on in the game world) and they perform far better too, even on res. higher than 1080P. With new/good systems, ghost recon wildlands is still underwhelming for the graphics and performance you are getting.

My system is old/weak but having to drop everything and I mean everything to low/off just to be able to "hit" 50 fps and as a result having a game that looks like it belongs on the PS 2 is what I call awful optimisation considering all those previous games I listed run amazingly well with high/max settings i.e. constant 50 fps and look better than what ghost recon wild lands does (since I had to turn everything to low/off just to hit the 50 fps mark)

I fully expect there to be room for them to optimise it but given that it took them 4 years to release what they did, I wouldn't be expecting any miracle patches any time soon but at least they seem to be releasing patches to fix/improve the game already.

EDIT:

5) Performance needs some work.. I cannot believe how bad it is at times. I meet the recommended specs of this game even surpass it on the CPU side with a good deal thanks to an overclock yet i have to play with most options off or on low to maintain a 99 percentile fps of 60 or higher. WTF?!?

Want a constant 60fps @ 1080P with "mostly" max settings, you need a 1080ti and probably a new cpu too whilst you're at it :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone got the app to sync to their PC. I have tried the port forwarding but it just doesn't want to work.

You shouldn't need to port forward if they're on the same LAN.

All I had to do was disable windows firewall briefly, sync and send resources, re-enable firewall. Quicker than messing with any rules.

Back
Top Bottom