**Ghost Recon Wildlands** Official thread

Soldato
My problem with this game is that it is so lazily designed. You could take the same game engine, same physics, same map layout and plonk it down in a different setting or time period and you'd have any of Ubisoft's open-world games. When compared to the best open-world games it really doesn't come out very favourably. When I think of the Witcher 3, any of Rockstar's games, or even something like Mass Effect, I think of memorable stories, interesting characters, cool side quests, and great dialogue. Wildlands has absolutely none of those things. The player characters are empty shells, the cartel members you're hunting aren't much better, the dialogue is trite and cliched, the single radio station is lazy and boring, and the missions and side quests are incredibly repetitive. I'd love Ubisoft to do an open world game that actually had dialogue options like the Witcher or Mass Effect, or at least really well written, funny dialogue like in the GTA games.

What's worse is that this is the best selling game of the year so far, so it's justifying Ubisoft's game design direction.

Caporegime
My problem with this game is that it is so lazily designed. You could take the same game engine, same physics, same map layout and plonk it down in a different setting or time period and you'd have any of Ubisoft's open-world games. When compared to the best open-world games it really doesn't come out very favourably. When I think of the Witcher 3, any of Rockstar's games, or even something like Mass Effect, I think of memorable stories, interesting characters, cool side quests, and great dialogue. Wildlands has absolutely none of those things. The player characters are empty shells, the cartel members you're hunting aren't much better, the dialogue is trite and cliched, the single radio station is lazy and boring, and the missions and side quests are incredibly repetitive. I'd love Ubisoft to do an open world game that actually had dialogue options like the Witcher or Mass Effect, or at least really well written, funny dialogue like in the GTA games.

What's worse is that this is the best selling game of the year so far, so it's justifying Ubisoft's game design direction.
+1

I am still baffled by how this game took them 4 years to make :o

Associate
I'm guessing those saying its a bad single player game are playing on normal mode because stick it on extreme with markers off and it plays similar to the original ghost recon games on pc.

Associate
Probably a combination of both as I hadn't picked it up for almost a week.

My specs are FX-8320, R9 280, 8GB ram all at stock. I'm running medium at 40-45 FPS. Assuming some of you with more modern and beefy components should run high at 60 FPS now?

Soldato
4 maps to go before completing all missions and collecting every upgrade / kingslayer file. Had just under 50 hours out of it so far and enjoyed it all for the most part apart from 1 or 2 story missions that just slow gameplay down to a crawl.

Associate
What happens when you try to play, or get in the game? Your system is no slouch is should be fine.
i had one issue where it hung, got over that. Then i got into the game and couldnt get passed the FMV. I just used escape to get passed it worked fine. Then i walk about and it goes no dont even bother and hangs.
completely uninstalled reinstalled, same with graphics drivers. tried running as admin as well.
I have taken the graphics down to low! makes no difference still crashes

FTM

FTM

Soldato
damn the udp are persistent

I had 3 choppers after me and loads of troops..i swam across 2 rivers and they still kept spotting me, and had to lead them to a narco hideout so they would fight them instead!

Associate
I'm guessing those saying its a bad single player game are playing on normal mode because stick it on extreme with markers off and it plays similar to the original ghost recon games on pc.
Except that its third person so you don't need to expose yourself to fire to see what is going on & is open world with vehicles not mission structured infantry combat, sure it looks fun I can't deny that but it's not in any way comparable to the first Ghost Recon games (Pre GRAW that is), I'd kill for a return to the series roots as a hardcore first person tactical shooter! this is to me a GTA/Mercenaries style game which is fine but it certainly does not need Ghost Recon branding.

Back
Top Bottom