• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Hi there

OK am installing Farcry and patching to version 1.40

Can both ATI and NV do HDR in this game and if so how do you enable it?

Are there any command line benchmarks for farcry or 3rd party add-ons to benchmark with the games?

I also have Tomb Raider Legends too, how do I benchmark with this game?

Command & Conquer 3 is not very taxing , Supreame commander with 7 AI's on a 80km x80km map is taxing , stalker is taxing but only becuse it no the best programed game in the world , somthing like Medieval 2 total war on a large battle would be good test as well not too taxing but scaled well

I know there was an unofficial patch that allowed HDR in FarCry on ATi cards, i know i couldn't get it to work though, i knew a few ppl who did mind, but once the patch went official they pulled the HDR on ATi cards out, so something was probably wrong with it, might be able to get it on the 64-bit version, although i wouldn't know as i never tried that one. :)

Last edited:
KillBoY_UK said:
Medieval 2 total war on a large battle would be good test as well not too taxing but scaled well
MTW2 pushes the CPU very hard as well and i dont think it takes advantage of dual let elone quad core. Maybe very high res and massive armies but the number of troops will push the CPU even more.

Hi there

OK I have Farcry on the system and patched to version 1.40

I have the following Farcry benchmark:-
http://www.hocbench.com/fc.html

I've set it too 1920x1200 with everything on ultra and maximum FSAA and AF settings. However the benchmark result hardly changes with FSAA and AF set to on or off. So I am thinking maybe its not accepting the settings or something is a miss somewhere. Unless the GTX is so powerful enabling FSAA and AF has no impact on it but I find that hard to believe.

Hi Gibbo

I see You keep asking how to run time demos in various games, A while back I used a program called "Benchemall", It will pick up all the time demos on installed Games and is quick and simple to set up unlike doing it longhand so to speak.

JAKUS said:
Hi Gibbo

I see You keep asking how to run time demos in various games, A while back I used a program called "Benchemall", It will pick up all the time demos on installed Games and is quick and simple to set up unlike doing it longhand so to speak.

Oh yeah i remember that, works great, scans your games and any it knows it will run a benchy of a level in it. :)

You just clicked the game in the list then bench and off it went if i remember correctly.

JAKUS said:
Hi Gibbo

I used this program several years ago, it was very nice, hopefully still around and will save you a lot of trouble.

Hi there

I am amazed that Farcry seems to be running so damn quick.

1920x1200, everything maxed. Full AF and FSAA yet its hovering around 100fps.

Is this right, are you guys seeing the same, I just find it hard to believe that enabling AF and FSAA has hardly no performance hit and the game is pumping out over 100fps.

The game is a good few years old now, so while it does still look good the processes involved are likely going to be of little bother to a card such as the 8800gtx - and to then couple it with that quad core @ 3ghz odd then I can see how it would fly along :)

Try the next step up - hook it up to one of the 30" screens - 2560x1600 would be nicer test ;) (although I notice you've not got them in stock anymore - my bad)

Back
Top Bottom