• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Yeap the points valid, it does seem I remember maybe 1-2 months ago they said in there Drivers fixes report, they have increased the startup time for the cat control panel....

Was wondering why it took them like a year just to fix that flaw lol

We all know ATI arent perfect and so are Nvidia in the drivers/support area, it just seems ATI may have a better angle but it could all change.... an R600 into the mix and millions of games/features being exploited is somewhat bigger then ATIs driver team... not to mention Nvidia tend to have a nasty habit of spending a few months doing some quality drivers and releasing it on the eve of ATIs next generation release... what other perfect way to screw with ATIs minds... releasing a set of amazing drivers that add more functions/features and performances across the board and free :)

If anyones walking past Ocuk store tommorow drop Gibbo a box of chocolates please.

LoadsaMoney said:
Don't use the bloatware CCC or the.NET, why not do what everyone else does, just download the official drivers on their own, and get ATi Tray Tools to do all your AA/AF etc... settings, no bloatware as no .NET, and no CCC if you don't like it, the drivers and ATT are only about 12mb if that. :D

I'm gonna do that, thanks. But even so - why should the users have to dig up an acceptable driver solution? Surely it's the job of ATi to provide one, if you've bought their product?

Dodgy analogy: If I were to buy a VCR, I shouldn't have to rely on people on a forum to tell me how to program it because the instructions are rubbish.

Last edited:
chaparral said:

I respect You are refering to published figures, I have just had a massive clearout/tidy up and I cannot lay my hands on power figures for systems I have built and tested. All I will say is I find those figures a little strange, they have x1900xt's using less power in the desktop setup as crossfire than a single card :confused:

There are to many variables to compile a list like that, A power reading with a control gfx card then another with the test card would help. edit(just read it ..looks like they did try to be consistant)

More nfo here http://www.anandtech.com/printarticle.aspx?i=2873

Last edited:
Mattus said:
I'm gonna do that, thanks. But even so - why should the users have to dig up an acceptable driver solution? Surely it's the job of ATi to provide one, if you've bought their product?

Dodgy analogy: If I were to buy a VCR, I shouldn't have to rely on people on a forum to tell me how to program it because the instructions are rubbish.

They do provide acceptable drivers, the CCC works fine and does what it is supposed to, especially since last catalyst release it has been sped up.

It's users choice to use 3rd party programs, they don't have to.

melbourne720 said:
I am seriously thinking about popping it in the post with an SAE :D
To be honest I wouldn't be considering Far Cry as much as I love it its not demanding enough as something like Oblivion, It was released in 2003 or something Far Cry. We need to know if this R600 can whoop the GTX!!

mishima said:
To be honest I wouldn't be considering Far Cry as much as I love it its not demanding enough as something like Oblivion, It was released in 2003 or something Far Cry. We need to know if this R600 can whoop the GTX!!

I'm guessing the R600 won't beat the GTX but won't be far behind. I reckon that's why ATI give out the statement about reduced prices etc. If it was the same speed or faster surely they'd milk us with the same premium prices as Nvidea do ie what both companies have been doing for years

Just my thoughts as it's all down to Gibbo now to bench it when it arrives :-)

Deks

I think a separate thread with the benchies and screenies would be good.... this thread is a mess to get through! 15 pages so far - hard to actually find the results from the much anticipated testing!

Back
Top Bottom