• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

LoadsaMoney said:
That'll be pretty poor then if all he can say is well its slower than the GTX, or well its faster than the GTX.

All i suggested to him is he can give us rough numbers and a rough overall feeling about the card. But he will hint at price i assume as he will tell us how good value the card is compared to the GTS!

But remember everyone he has to make it appeal to everyone so they click buy :P

neo202020 said:
Well, if it's slower than a GTX that's enough information for nobody to ever buy it... :)

You'd be suprised how many morons would buy it just to be sticking to their favourite brand. Anyone with half a clue will buy the fastest out there that they can afford.

One thing that bugs me about reviews of cards that are just released, we usually hear the warcry of "give them time to sort out the drivers" Thats one thing i never understood, you would think for them to release a card to reviewers then to the public they would make sure the drivers are performing well before the cards released. Obviously the companies in question want to have the best showing possible so why release it with crap drivers which could hurt the card?

Sounds more like "give them time to get their optomisations working" more than anything. Be interesting though what happens on release.

neo202020 said:
Well, if it's slower than a GTX that's enough information for nobody to ever buy it... :)
Not really. It all depends on price versus performance. If the AMD cards offer better value for money then lots of people will buy them. As most people buy low to mid end graphics cards anyway.

Personally i think the R600 will be quicker than the 8800GTX or 8800Ultra, as it would be good marketing to have the fastest DX10 & DX9 card on the market and with the extra time they have had would surely have gone for such a result.

ACESHIGH said:
Not really. It all depends on price versus performance. If the AMD cards offer better value for money then lots of people will buy them. As most people buy low to mid end graphics cards anyway.

Personally i think the R600 will be quicker than the 8800GTX or 8800Ultra, as it would be good marketing to have the fastest DX10 & DX9 card on the market and with the extra time they have had would surely have gone for such a result.

Agreed,

But with 8900 ready to strike I doubt the perfromance of the R600 will be enough to keep the wolves form the door.

Gerard said:
You'd be suprised how many morons would buy it just to be sticking to their favourite brand. Anyone with half a clue will buy the fastest out there that they can afford.

True, fanboism is the most stupid sort of prejudice from which the fanboys themselves suffer more than anyone.

ACESHIGH said:

I agree but my understanding is that the R600 will retail @ around £400+ so if it's worse than the GTX nobody in their right mind except Loadsamoney would buy it. In fact, imho it would need to be 20%+ faster to be successful.

neo202020 said:
True, fanboism is the most stupid sort of prejudice from which the fanboys themselves suffer more than anyone.

Indeed,

Just imagine the looks on peoples faces when the true benchies are revealed If its not significantly faster than GTX.

Oh dear waiting 6 months for a mediocre card is gonna hurt.All because it was red rather than green :D

Back
Top Bottom