• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Gibbo said:
Hi there

I feel it will be around GTX performance but has more features, better Vista performance and might cost less than a GTX, but obviously thats all upto ATI and what they decide upon release. :)

I like the sound of that.

Time to sell my GTS maybe?

We shall wait and see. :)

Kyles comments on the article

I would take that with a grain of salt for sure. As for the fan noise, if he is right, I will be extremely impressed that the card can remain quiet under full load considering it has to dissipate 250w of heat. Moving that kind of heat is going to take a lot of airflow IMO. As for his thoughts on performance, I am hearing that it would be hard to differentiate the R600 and GTX in a Pepsi Challenge.

ooh :eek:

Azza said:
I like the sound of that.

Time to sell my GTS maybe?

We shall wait and see. :)

Think ill be keeping my GTX for another few months...Im more than happy with the performance of that and the IQ is excellent. (I havent gone to Vista yet...but I'm sure NVidia will sort these issues out soon enough). The IQ of the new ATI card will have to be something realy special for me to even think about it. I think Nvidia is still on a winner...allthough they may have to drop their GTX prices a bit to reatain their sales...Im sure than can afford to as they have been on top now for so long!

Gibbo said:
I feel it will be around GTX performance but has more features, better Vista performance and might cost less than a GTX. :)

sounds like just too little, too late to me. from all the hype and the waiting around i was expecting around 60% more speed over a gtx. looks like ati/amd can now go file for bankruptcy :p

intel has them hammered on cpus, and nvidia has them hammered on gpu's. wots left for them to do now? come 8900 time its gonna get real interesting.

Cyber-Mav said:
sounds like just too little, too late to me. from all the hype and the waiting around i was expecting around 60% more speed over a gtx. looks like ati/amd can now go file for bankruptcy :p

intel has them hammered on cpus, and nvidia has them hammered on gpu's. wots left for them to do now? come 8900 time its gonna get real interesting.

Lets face it, the only people that hyped it are people on forms talking bs about their annonymous"sources" and their "inside info". Same thing with the x1800 the rumour was 32 pipelines and when it came out it was 16. Whenever a cards in the works its probably best to steer clear of forums as 99.9% of the info is nothing but utter crap.

Gibbo said:
You did not read my initial post?

All testing is done on both XP and Vista. The system is setup to dual boot. As we know performance differs greatly on the two OS especially for NV cards.

Can you confirm your testing the card on an "old" install which has been running NV drivers (and if so both vista and XP) please?

Every 6 months there is usually at least a 20% increase in performance, so the problem now is that the 8900 is probably right around the corner to beat it.

I'm sure id be extremely annoyed waiting all this time for a card from ATI and then one quite a bit faster comes along a month or 2 later.

OC_A64 said:
Can you confirm your testing the card on an "old" install which has been running NV drivers (and if so both vista and XP) please?

Hi there

Yes the system had an NV 8800 GTX OC installed previously. Drivers were uninstalled and then card removed. ATI card installed and drivers installed.

I am useless at testing games so you guys are gonna have to wait for official benchmarks as it would appear the new ATI drivers are very different to how AA and AF works. As the drivers with this card are all new and must say they have a fantastic interface.

Back
Top Bottom