• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Gibbo said:
I feel it will be around GTX performance but has more features, better Vista performance and cost quite a lot less than a GTX.
Now thats a line I like.

If the performance is about the same as the 8800GTX, but has more features and is a lot cheaper, Im very happy to have waited. It means when I upgrade in half a years time, there'll be a lot more competion, the cards will all be fast, and I might be able to get a damned nice price :)

Will be nice if ATI have pulled ahead in the IQ race too, it was always a strong point.

Needless to say, I'll be watching price: perf like a hawk over the next few months, and its sounds like it might be a good time coming for the high-end consumer :)

Would be good to know which OS you have tested on Gibbo, I look forward to see your not too indepth but still honest opinion on it once you've tested it with both OS and some different games etc :)

Last edited:
I feel/guess it will be around GTX performance but has more features, better Vista performance and according to what others have posted might cost less than a GTX.
I see what going on....they have struggled to get this card out and faster than the GTX so they have worked on drivers and dropped the price to take some of the market and make it popular for users building systems from now...LOL.

Makes me think its like the xtx price point for the 1950's!

So look to £295-299 price point guys so probably, £50-80 cheaper so that would be a good deal cheaper if you ask me

Sir Random said:
You've tested it on a Vista rig too? :confused:

You did not read my initial post?

All testing is done on both XP and Vista. The system is setup to dual boot. As we know performance differs greatly on the two OS especially for NV cards.

Gibbo said:
You did not read my initial post?

All testing is done on both XP and Vista. The system is setup to dual boot. As we know performance differs greatly on the two OS especially for NV cards.

Surprisingly the openGL performance is menacing, which surprises me greatly, I am just having issues with D3D stuff which has got to be the drivers or due to it been an OS with an NV card in previously.

Format that sonova***** and give it a clean install with no nvidia drivers. :)

Kaiju said:
Yup, too many people have waited so long for this card and expectations are high.

Thats the problem though, people are losing sight of the fact that this card was meant to out soon after the 8800gtx and be its competition. Simple fact of the matter is ati screwed up (yet again) and it got delayed massively. :(

Back
Top Bottom