• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Seriously what is the point of threads like this?

With NDAs no meaningful information will be given out, and all this talk of "feeling like it's going to be faster than a GTX" is completely meaningless. We can all speculate on performance but unless we're going to see benchmark results and/or pictures of the card this is all a complete waste of time.

My OS install is now 2years old, and has swapped back and forth with nvidia and ati with no issues.
An add/remove relevant drivers, reboot into safe mode and drivercleaner run seem to keep it honest :)
Try that and completley remove games and save folders etc, then re-install games as sometimes some games kind of detect your card and set paths for it.

You mention the card runs hotter but isnt hot to touch ... are case/system temps much higher between that and a GTX ?

ATI won't be using X in its Rx6xx brand names. The new Radeon generation will be branded Radeon HD 2000 series.

The R600XT or Radeon HD 2900HD is actually a 512 MB GDDR 3 card and the XTX will come later.

All the Radeon Rx6xx chips will be known as ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series.
Is this true :confused:

Durzel said:
Seriously what is the point of threads like this?

With NDAs no meaningful information will be given out, and all this talk of "feeling like it's going to be faster than a GTX" is completely meaningless. We can all speculate on performance but unless we're going to see benchmark results and/or pictures of the card this is all a complete waste of time.

Hi there

Right so you all get the chance to find out some first hand information on ATI's latest card but in your view its all pointless?

So the fact it is indeed quiet, also remains quiet underload and runs cooler than previous X1950's is all meaningless?

The fact this card has much improved Vista drivers over the Current ATI CAT drivers with new features is also meaningless?

Edit: I'm assuming you're having this 3dmark05/06 issue with the drivers that came with it? Is there any chance that the current catalysts on the AMD website have absolutely any support for this card?

Now this is music to my ears. While it doesn't appear to be an 8800GTX killer, it's on buggy drivers right now. Also very good to know that the cooler is far superior to the noisy X850/X1800/X1900 design.

Are the entry level and midrange offerings still going to be launched alongside the R600 or "Radeon HD 2900"?

Mul

Last edited:
Perfect_Chaos said:
well if they havent released the fastest card now to go against the 8800 GTX then ATI are stupid.
Wrong.

If ATi bring the card out cheaper than the GTX as already rumoured, but with better IQ, noise levels, etc... then there is no reason why ATi can't claw back some market share. It's not simply a question of which is faster these days, pricepoint; IQ, noise levels are all major factors in a buyers decision.

Gibbo said:
I am having major issues with 3D Mark 2005 and 2006 in the fact that it hangs on the splash screen. :(
Does anyone know a workaround, ATI inform its due to the fact the product is new and unreleased and hence it just hangs on the 3D Mark splash screen. HELP guys!!
3DMk checks ALL PC hardware on startup (while the splash screen displays) so it could be any component in the rig causing the hang. You could try removing the sound card, and disconnecting any external/USB devices.

Gibbo said:
Hi there

Right so you all get the chance to find out some first hand information on ATI's latest card but in your view its all pointless?

So the fact it is indeed quiet, also remains quiet underload and runs cooler than previous X1950's is all meaningless?

I am having major issues with 3D Mark 2005 and 2006 in the fact that it hangs on the splash screen. :(
Does anyone know a workaround, ATI inform its due to the fact the product is new and unreleased and hence it just hangs on the 3D Mark splash screen. HELP guys!!

Thanks Gibbo for all the info.

It sounds fairly good to me, especially since it's not the top card in the range.

I'm happy i waited. Now i just need Quake Wars and Crysis / Halo 2 to be released and then one of these R600 will be mine.

I prefer stable drivers and after hearing so many 8800 horror stories...

Kaiju said:
Wrong.

If ATi bring the card out cheaper than the GTX as already rumoured, but with better IQ, noise levels, etc... then there is no reason why ATi can't claw back some market share. It's not simply a question of which is faster these days, pricepoint; IQ, noise levels are all major factors in a buyers decision.
:mad: so when the hell is the top end card coming? geeze.. you wait long enough for this stuff and they never deliver.

I bought a X1950, and will wait a few months back and till the average joe gets one of these cars to make sure they're okay...well, I'm staying away.

I want to make sure fans don't rattle over time, and that it doesn't crash after 30 minutes of use.

I'd rarther take the word of many people who buy this card and get theire thoughts on it after a few weeks use, rarther than one guy who's aim is to sell as many of these as possible.

Sorry, just a customer with bad experience from a X1950 bought from OcUk.

Back
Top Bottom