• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Maybe they're waiting for the 65nm chips for the XT-X version? The smaller core would help make room for the extra ram. It will need a different PCB, as there's no way they'll get another 8 ram chips on that PCB, without increasing the length of the card.

11763345901ZYw5Q8rmD_1_9_l.jpg

Chaparral, I saw that ... but doesnt answer my case temps question .. the card could run hotter but the cooler could be better at taking it out of the case .... GTX IMO tend to keep quite a lot of temp in the case :)

Sir Random said:
Maybe they're waiting for the 65nm chips for the XT-X version? The smaller core would help make room for the extra ram. It will need a different PCB, as there's no way they'll get another 8 ram chips on that PCB, without increasing the length of the card.

they can put 8 more ram chips on the back

Gibbo said:
Hi there

Guys I cannot confirm card specifications or give out clock speeds, sorry guys but you will have to wait for that kind of info or until at least ATI give me the go ahead.

how about we guess the hardware and if were right, say erm...potatoes or something and if were wrong say...cabbage, that way ATI is non the wiser :p

Vogon said:
Chaparral, I saw that ... but doesnt answer my case temps question .. the card could run hotter but the cooler could be better at taking it out of the case .... GTX IMO tend to keep quite a lot of temp in the case :)

HI there

This is indeed the case, the ATI cooler exhaust the heat effectively out of the case in comparison to the NVIDIA design.

Its now ran 3D Mark 2005 and 2006, I am pleased with the results. :)

Gibbo said:
HI there

This is indeed the case, the ATI cooler exhaust the heat effectively out of the case in comparison to the NVIDIA design.

NUMBERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :(

Gibbo said:
HI there

Are you pleased or are you 'really' pleased? On a rating of 1-10 where 1 is pap and 10 is stunning and 5 is kinda similar to a 8800GTX how pleased are you?

Back
Top Bottom