• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

I didn't wait for the R600, i got an 8 series. :)

What use is an 8900 going to be with no driver support, sounds like the R600 is going to be THE card for Vista. :D

Nvidia's Vista support is non existant, 8 series have been out since November, how many official sets of Vista drivers have they released in all that time 1x SET on the 20th Feb, ATi have been releasing an official WHQL set for Vista every month since Vista came out, the R600 has already got its Vista supported drivers (according to Gibbo), and the things not even out yet!!!, remember Nv's shambolic Vista ready 8 series, we will have proper support when Vista is released, yes didn't happen, they removed all Vista ready stickers etc... from 8 series boxes, the boss was going absolutely ape as they failed to deliver as was a lot of ppl on here as they bought an 8 series card for Vista that was nothing but a paperweight as it couldn't be used in Vista due to no drivers. :D

8 series came out in November, Vista came out in January, Nvidia's first ever set of Vista drivers a month later in Feb, R600 not out yet, already has its Vista drivers, and will get a proper WHQL official set every month when it is out, says it all, can you say that about Nv, no. :)

Mind you their 8 series XP support is non existant to, 3x sets of drivers in over 5 months tells you that to. :)

Last edited:
LoadsaMoney said:
I didn't wait for the R600, i got an 8 series. :)

What use is an 8900 going to be with no driver support. :D

Yes but if you could get most of the money back for your card second hand and you had to spend a small amount to get a little bit better performance of the GTX with much better Vista support then you wouldn't consider it?.

If the R600 is about £280 then you got say £200 for your card then would you happily spend £80 for the benefits I've mentioned above?.

LMAO ROFLMAO XD XD XD XD Driver support hahahahaha. :D ;)

Last edited:
@ Gibbo

Do you have retail prices yet from AMD partners and will the best boards at launch (the one you have i guess) be competitively priced to the 8800 GTS (circa £250 inc)?

ta

IF that fx57.net report is to be believed, theres considerable difference between the xtx and xt .... enough to see there has to be a sustantial clock difference on memory and gpu.
That means I want an XTX .... but I am not going to wait much longer, release the xtx already :p

Vogon said:
IF that fx57.net report is to be believed, theres considerable difference between the xtx and xt .... enough to see there has to be a sustantial clock difference on memory and gpu.
That means I want an XTX .... but I am not going to wait much longer, release the xtx already :p
Lots of conflicting reports:

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showpost.php?p=2680709&postcount=126

Dynasty said:
X2900 XTX barely beats my 8800 GTX single card tests in 3D 06 with an
QX6700 @ 3.8ghz as cpu used in test, board was dfi 965P-s,
ram was Corsair pc2-8888 C4DF's.
Were talking an 250 point difference here........

The above testing i did was on air, both cards clock @ stock spds.

gt_junkie said:
Wish ATi would let Gibbo post results or fps! :(

I'm sure it'll be a capable card but it would be nice to know how capable compared to the competition! :)

gt

Well, I agree but tbh you can't buy it yet so no actual reason to compare it with anything either. :)

Back
Top Bottom