• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo is getting an R600!!

Gibbo said:
Its like you don't buy a Ferrari and then run it on the cheapest dirtiest petrol you can find do you? Most people would give it the best like Shell V Power. :)

it will be reight on some old chip pan fat :D

lol.

but i agree with you tho. good job iv got enough saved for a new PSU aswell :rolleyes:

Thanks nicolasb and Gibbo :D

... think i'll stick with my first choice tbh. Been getting bits together for new over last 4 months. Before I joined these forums I bought a (whisper) Hiper type-r 580w modular :eek:

Now too scared to use it, picked corsair one out after reading a lot of good posts/reviews on it.

PSU

I have to say after following this thread from the begining this hole psu thing is getting stupid. So we are all going to sell our new psu's we got for the 8800s and buy new ones with 8 pin pci-e adapters just because ati says so. I Dont think so. If the 512mb r600 dosent run on my ocz 700 i got for £100 back in the dark age like a month ago! I wont be buying one simple as that. The 512mb r600 will only have a life span of about 3 months anyway untill they bring out a more psu friendly one anyway. Its all getting to much!

Dyson said:
Thanks nicolasb and Gibbo :D

... think i'll stick with my first choice tbh. Been getting bits together for new over last 4 months. Before I joined these forums I bought a (whisper) Hiper type-r 580w modular :eek:

Now too scared to use it, picked corsair one out after reading a lot of good posts/reviews on it.

iv had two hyper 580w psu's there great.

1st one tho was in a situation where i overclocked my old pc untill it went pop. so i didnt want to use it in my new rig, but i sold it on and it worked fine.

alltho i will have to sell this one when i plan on getting a 8 pin PSU.
but by the time they will reileise it, im sure there will be more psu's on the OCUK website than just ther Ernermax ones (dno if i spelt it right) :cool:

+ dyson, how come you dont use a avatar, you have more than 99 posts, you can be a gangster :D

Ice

Smoogel said:
I have to say after following this thread from the begining this hole psu thing is getting stupid. So we are all going to sell our new psu's we got for the 8800s and buy new ones with 8 pin pci-e adapters just because ati says so. I Dont think so. If the 512mb r600 dosent run on my ocz 700 i got for £100 back in the dark age like a month ago! I wont be buying one simple as that. The 512mb r600 will only have a life span of about 3 months anyway untill they bring out a more psu friendly one anyway. Its all getting to much!

Come on mate you gotta move with the times and stop dwelling in the past. lol :D

Smoogel said:

Hi there

It will run on your PSU fine, but if you want to overclock then you may have issues.

Im sure you've seen the threads on here, and just seems to affect the modular one (that i got...). Dont want to risk £1200+ of kit for the sake of a new psu!

Gibbo said:
Its like you don't buy a Ferrari and then run it on the cheapest dirtiest petrol you can find do you? Most people would give it the best like Shell V Power. :)

Yeah, but we aren't even talking about the top card in its range here; much better cards will come out within a month so this is really a bottom-of-the-high-range card and yet 90% of PSUs you stock don't have the connectors that allow full functionality with this card.

Look at it this way: I was planning to buy a GTS for 250 quid and a PSU for 55. If I want to buy this card for 250-300 I also have to buy a PSU for 100 quid...

The PSU thing is just a serious issue with me also, and the fact u need MORE POWER to overclock the thing! I think Shuttle Users are just like, il stick with my GTX i forced in cos they surely wouldnt have a hope of getting this to run!

I bought my GTS for £180 and that was it, no new PSU required, worked fine on all my kit I had, but a new card @ £250-299 + a £100+ PSU is like killer :(

I think we'll see situations where people wont realise this and buy away

jrodga2k5 said:
The PSU thing is just a serious issue with me also, and the fact u need MORE POWER to overclock the thing! I think Shuttle Users are just like, il stick with my GTX i forced in cos they surely wouldnt have a hope of getting this to run!

I bought my GTS for £180 and that was it, no new PSU required, worked fine on all my kit I had, but a new card @ £250-299 + a £100+ PSU is like killer :(

I think we'll see situations where people wont realise this and buy away

IT WILL WORK ! :D no new psu needed.

but if you plan to overclock it you will need a new psu.

and dont worry about prices and that theres hardly any available yet because......

the card isnt even available yet!

Smoogel said:
I have to say after following this thread from the begining this hole psu thing is getting stupid. So we are all going to sell our new psu's we got for the 8800s and buy new ones with 8 pin pci-e adapters just because ati says so. I Dont think so.
ATI is not to blame for this. The R600 is the first PCIe 2.0 card to hit the market - it's the next industry standard. The people you should be blaming for this are the PSU manufacturers. Why haven't they got their *rses in gear and supplied us with PSUs that actually do what any PSU bought from this point in time onwards damn well ought to be able to do?

Your anger is justified, but you're sending it in the wrong direction.

nicolasb said:
ATI is not to blame for this. The R600 is the first PCIe 2.0 card to hit the market - it's the next industry standard. The people you should be blaming for this are the PSU manufacturers. Why haven't they got their *rses in gear and supplied us with PSUs that actually do what any PSU bought from this point in time onwards damn well ought to be able to do?

Your anger is justified, but you're sending it in the wrong direction.

aye 100% true :cool:

Back
Top Bottom