Gigabyte Aero 15 X Gaming Notebook With GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q Graphics

Associate
Thanks very much for taking the time to do that, it’s really helpful. I need the bench my current machine to get some comparison but encouraging that the normal profile is not jet engine loud!

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom, I'll do that.

Any thoughts on this headphone issue? Am I right that the headphone socket is provided by the speakers, rather than the sound card, and thus won't turn up as an attached device, whatever I do? And, if so, why would one headset work and not the other?

Or is it that the Realtek drivers/software need updating somehow? (Wouldn't be the first time; my blood runs cold when I see the word Realtek.)

Really is a pain to have to restart just to use my over-ear headphones.

Hi YeWhoEnter - feedback from R&D is as follows

• First - Please update your Gigabyte "SmartUpdate" software - to version 3.9.1
  • Second - please ensure you have the latest Realtek drivers installed. - version 6.0.1.8403
  • Third step - please update the Realtek Console on this link: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9p2b8mcsvpln
Hope that solves your problem.

Please let us know.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom, thank you for the update. Are you able to expand on the software issue? Is the fix a software update to "ignore" double key presses due to a hardware issue, or is the entire issue software related? Thanks.

Hi @Prozn - are you able to send us a trust message, its currently not enabled on your OCUK forum account. Please enable it, and send us message.

Also, please confirm you are in UK and purchased from OCUK.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Thanks, Atom.

• First - Please update your Gigabyte "SmartUpdate" software - to version 3.9.1
  • Second - please ensure you have the latest Realtek drivers installed. - version 6.0.1.8403

Had done those already with no joy.

Installed this. It worked. Restarted. It somehow uninstalled itself (which might explain why it wasn't already there). Reinstalled. Worked again. Have done a couple of restarts and it seems to be staying installed.

So everything appears to be good right now. I'll let you know if that changes.

But thanks again. For a rep, you do a great job of tech support. :)

Associate
Hi @Prozn - are you able to send us a trust message, its currently not enabled on your OCUK forum account. Please enable it, and send us message.

Also, please confirm you are in UK and purchased from OCUK.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Done, I think. I've not used Trust before! I didn't confirm in the message, but yes, UK based and purchase was from OCUK. Thanks.

Associate
Received mine on Tuesday, since then I've installed a 1tb ssd and been playing around with it and checking everything works properly. So far I've only had one issue with smart update not working, but was rectified when I downloaded and installed the newest version. Love this laptop so far, it seems to handle everything I've thrown at it game wise. Coming from an Aorus X7 V7, the size and weight of this one is a dream! I'm sure I might miss having a 1080 under the hood at some point, but so far I have no regrets whatsoever.

One thing that is quite annoying is trying to find another 16gb stick of ram at a reasonable price or even in stock.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Thanks, Atom.

Had done those already with no joy.

Installed this. It worked. Restarted. It somehow uninstalled itself (which might explain why it wasn't already there). Reinstalled. Worked again. Have done a couple of restarts and it seems to be staying installed.

So everything appears to be good right now. I'll let you know if that changes.

But thanks again. For a rep, you do a great job of tech support. :)

Hi @YeWhoEnter - thanks for letting us know yu have had success, great news.

Thanks also for the positive feedback - however, I cant personally take the credit for providing the "tech support",,,, there is a great team in HQ who support us in the UK, normally very quickly and very accurately - your comment will be passed back to the team, so, sincerely thanks to you for letting us know the solution worked.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
@Atom80

Is there an ETA on delivery of the pre-orders for the Aero 15X V8-CF1? :)

I work out of the country and due home on 5th May for 2 weeks then away again for 1 to 2 months. Would love to place a pre-order, but don't want to risk not getting it at the right time.

Cheers,

John.

Associate
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the overclockers forum and having picked up an Aero 15X V8 last Monday I have a question regarding installing a new m.2 drive in the open slot. I'm not the most techie person so I'd just like to know if the specs of the following HP drive meet those of the open slot on the motherboard. I would also really appreciate it if, in the event it is compatible, somebody might be able to explain if there are any extra steps I have to take software wise (BIOS etc) after a new drive is installed.

http://www.legitreviews.com/hp-ssd-ex920-1tb-m2-drive-review_204606

Any guidance is much appreciated. Cheers!

*edit* - original link removed, my apologies.

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
@Atom80

Is there an ETA on delivery of the pre-orders for the Aero 15X V8-CF1? :)

I work out of the country and due home on 5th May for 2 weeks then away again for 1 to 2 months. Would love to place a pre-order, but don't want to risk not getting it at the right time.

Cheers,

John.

Hi @Scorpuk - looks as though our production schedule is in synch with your travel arrangements..... expecting stock 1st-2nd week of May.

Hope that helps

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
OP
Just unboxed my Aero15x, all seems fine, but trying to work out if its possible to turn off the Gigabyte logo light on the lid? Doesn't appear to have the function in Gigabyte fusion software and i'm unsure how else to do it. It's pretty bright!

Associate
Just unboxed my Aero15x, all seems fine, but trying to work out if its possible to turn off the Gigabyte logo light on the lid? Doesn't appear to have the function in Gigabyte fusion software and i'm unsure how else to do it. It's pretty bright!

I believe that's from the backlight - so no way to turn it off.

To test adjust the brightness of your monitor and see if the logo changes with it.

Getting a skin for it would probably be the best way to address that.

Associate
Any opinions on opting for the 4K model with an extra 512Gb Samsung Pro Evo SSD, or do I just go with the 1080 (144Hz) model and not only get the extra SSD but also an extra 16Gb of RAM?

Much more concerned with using laptop for video/photo editing plus general use - and with my Dell 4K Laptop I’ve always had it at 200% scaling.

Associate
OP
I believe that's from the backlight - so no way to turn it off.

To test adjust the brightness of your monitor and see if the logo changes with it.

Getting a skin for it would probably be the best way to address that.

Pretty annoying if so, it really is too bright imo. I can't imagine it would have taken that much more effort to have the lid logo rgb customisable (or off/black in my case!) as well.

On a positive note, initial impressions are good. Very slim and light considering the components and the size of battery!
A little too much bloatware.
I don't seem to be able to use trackpad two finger scrolling (may be palm rejection settings blocking it?)
All but silent in desktop usage so far, whilst installing and updating software- I've only heard the fans come on once! (24/25C ambient)

Think I've broken the gigabyte update software when I installed the updated elan drivers. It now won't load properly. Will try a reinstall of it to see if it works again.

Have yet to install any software for benchmarking etc, it's downloading and will post results when I get the chance!

Associate
OP
Phone or email OcUK sales department, I'm sure they can help you.

On that note, thanks again to OcUK for continued great service, you really are a model online retailer. It was with some hesitation I placed this particular order as I live overseas, so was concerned this item would get lost or damaged or get held up by customs due to insufficient documentation. Naturally my fears were unfounded and despite being 5000 miles away I received my laptop in less than a week from ordering.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom