gigabyte ax370 k5 vs 5?

Associate
Ya Go for it ,101 , Only took me 2 secs to pull the 2 to pins out & lift the 3mm light tampered glass panel off to take photo ,Like taking a light designer picture frame off:)
the other side just as easy with 2 thumb screws that stay in when lifting out & up.

Associate
Ya its the bios led , theres 2 led 1 for each bios backup & Main & if there no option in bios or LED software then no way to turn it off , Could place a little bit black electric tape

Associate
Yes, they both Orange , The motherboard only switch's to 2nd bios with switch bottom left of board or if the PC try to boot & can't Due to a O.C on CPU /Memory to high .
They very small Orange Square LEDs.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone used the LED C2 header for a rgb strip? i see the connector cable has 5 pins,can someone point me to something that is compatible? :)

Associate
Thanks mate, Funny enough i ordered the MBW strip yesterday :)

Can use the 5 Pin RGB Cable that is in the motherboard box Also
,Then connect the 4 pin to that , Maybe a little stiff Connecting Due the Pin 5 slightly in the way , Use the Motherboards "Fusion RGB" App in the control Center & goto Advanced tab to change color

Associate
they give any reason why?

nicely coincides with my ram now dying too....been a fun few weeks. gaming 5 motherboard bricks itself. now the ram does the same :(:mad:
Funny mine has been playing up as well, just sent it back , swapped for 16gb HyperX HX432C16PB3K2/16 arriving today

Soldato
OP
Funny mine has been playing up as well, just sent it back , swapped for 16gb HyperX HX432C16PB3K2/16 arriving today
corsair lpx too? yea I'm starting to get a bit peeved off, least I don't have to strip the pc to get the ram out. might do the same and change away from the corsair. even though it's on the qvl I've never been able to get it above 2933 to it's rated 3200

edit: just be careful, a quick google tells me the hyperX is probably Hynix ram too

Associate
corsair lpx too? yea I'm starting to get a bit peeved off, least I don't have to strip the pc to get the ram out. might do the same and change away from the corsair. even though it's on the qvl I've never been able to get it above 2933 to it's rated 3200

edit: just be careful, a quick google tells me the hyperX is probably Hynix ram too
Yeah same lpx mate, when I spoke to gigabyte tech support they said the lpx was not in the qvl for the gaming 5. apparently the hyper x is

I had my lpx running at 3200 for weeks, then it started automatically resetting on reboot and wouldnt go past 2933

Soldato
OP
Yeah same lpx mate, when I spoke to gigabyte tech support they said the lpx was not in the qvl for the gaming 5. apparently the hyper x is

I had my lpx running at 3200 for weeks, then it started automatically resetting on reboot and wouldnt go past 2933

they must have pulled it then as it most certainly was on the qvl although I think it stated v4.31 rather than v5.39 which is what the most recent versions are. good to know. I have to speak with corsair directly (might be slightly quicker rma so will see if there's an option to make sure they replace with v4.31, unlikely but you never know your luck) failing that i'll just return it and get something on the (current) qvl!

Associate
they must have pulled it then as it most certainly was on the qvl although I think it stated v4.31 rather than v5.39 which is what the most recent versions are. good to know. I have to speak with corsair directly (might be slightly quicker rma so will see if there's an option to make sure they replace with v4.31, unlikely but you never know your luck) failing that i'll just return it and get something on the (current) qvl!
The reply i got from gigabyte tech support was

Hello,

CMK16GX4M2B3200C16(DS) is not listed in our QVL because it is not exactly the same as CMK64GX4M8B3200C16(SS).

AX370-Gaming is a 6-layer motherboard. Definitely, hardware layout (e.g PCB layer) plays a role in overclock but it’s not the only factor.

For DDR XMP performance on AM4 platform, it is more related to AMD AGESA code (APL code) support and CPU capability.

Also just tried the Hyper X its 2400 stock and wont boot to 3200 at all on xmp, tried F6 and F7, just boot loop over and over. and this is on the qvl! :(

Back
Top Bottom