• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte RMA through OcUK

Guys, please don't jump on Gigabyte-Gaming. He's gone the extra mile to sort all of this out for me and has been incredibly helpful in the process. It's not his fault that the company has this policy. I am just glad that this is getting sorted and that it'll be reviewed with their HQ. Then everyone buying from Gigabyte can benefit from the proper warranty :)

I'm glad it's been sorted for you, sorry for jumping on your thread.

There's no problem with that Rich, I was just saying that Gigabyte-Gaming has been really helpful with this and despite the oddness of the warranty being based on the manufacturing date, I don't want people to jump all over him when he's doing his best to sort it all out :)

That's cool mate, as you'll understand the situation has caused a little controversy and now hopefully we'll hear clarification on the warranty issue.

Of course. I'm glad I'm getting somewhere and that from this, perhaps a change might happen to Gigabyte's policy.

I'm glad its getting sorted out.

i didn't know till this about the warranty but am surprised its done from manufacturer date rather than bought date as this could sit in stock for 5-6 months and by the time you receive it you have lost a chunk of warranty on your new product already before its even been used.

nice to See gigabyte-gaming helping out as well :)

I'm not sure if it's 37th week of the year or of manufacture. I suppose they'd be close enough together anyway though. My Gigabyte starts with 1304.

id review it quickly or change how you advertise products, doesnt seem legal.

Manufacturer warranties can say whatever they like, but if the retailer advertises a 3 year warranty, the retailer has to honour a 3 year warranty, regardless of whether the manufacturer do or not

Only when you name and shame companies start to act up these days. Glad you made this thread. Hopefully you will be given a card that is quite close to yours

Just don't buy Gigabyte product in the future. Shame on Gigabyte company for making this statement about the warranty being from the manufacturer date. Basically, if I buy a Gigabyte product today and it has been manufactured 2 or 3 years ago and the retailer is selling it as brand new with 3 years warranty then this would make the warranty completely void, according to Gigabyte statement.

If anyone from Gigabyte is reading this then you need to change your policy.

All I see here is people with nothing relevant to add jumping on a bandwagon to land a few cheap punches. The OP was given some incorrect information from Gigabyte he has queried this and is now happy with the customer service he is getting. The Gigabyte rep on these forums has publicly said that he doesn't think the advice given originally was appropriate and he is going to take steps to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Gigabyte have in the past said that unlike most other manufacturers they would honour their 3 year warranty with B Grade cards purchased from OCUK but this would have to be from the date of manufacture. It may be that the rep that the OP originally contacted was new and applied the wrong guidance in this situation

Mistakes get made it is how they are resolved that people should judge on and Gigabyte seem to be acting very responsibly in this instance and I would have no hesitation in purchasing one of their products.

The only reason I'm asking is 1337 is on the B-grade 390x I just picked up last week. So if this is indeed 37th week of 2013 I need to confirm if they'll accept the proof as purchase over the S/N even on a B-grade. As previously its always been "we do it off the S/N". But if the S/N puts it at 2013 (when the product was only released in June 2015) then something isn't right. I purchased the card on the assumption even after the OCUK warranty I should have at least till June 2018 should I run into any problems with the card.

All I see here is people with nothing relevant to add jumping on a bandwagon to land a few cheap punches. The OP was given some incorrect information from Gigabyte he has queried this and is now happy with the customer service he is getting. The Gigabyte rep on these forums has publicly said that he doesn't think the advice given originally was appropriate and he is going to take steps to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Gigabyte have in the past said that unlike most other manufacturers they would honour their 3 year warranty with B Grade cards purchased from OCUK but this would have to be from the date of manufacture. It may be that the rep that the OP originally contacted was new and applied the wrong guidance in this situation

Mistakes get made it is how they are resolved that people should judge on and Gigabyte seem to be acting very responsibly in this instance and I would have no hesitation in purchasing one of their products.

No, that's not what he said. He said it was company policy to use the manufacture date and that they would "review". It says nothing about them actually changing this policy, or that the policy was applied wrongly.

Thanks for all the replies folks. I thought I'd post up an update because things seem to have taken a very odd turn. I had an email this morning from OcUK saying that they were shipping me a replacement HIS 4GB 380X. I hadn't heard anything about this and was surprised because Gigabyte told me they'd be replacing the card, so I contacted OcUK and they said that as it's been over 28 days they've swapped it. As nice a gesture as this was, I've turned down the replacement as I have had trouble with HIS in the past, and this one would have no warranty on it despite it being brand new, so OcUK have given me a partial refund on the 7950.

Add to this the fact that I've heard nothing back from Gigabyte. I contacted them yesterday, was asked for the part number and serial number again, and then heard nothing back after that. I had to then contact OcUK once again to see if the card had actually gone off to Gigabyte. It was sent on Monday this week. I have also chased again earlier this morning and there's been nothing back from that either. I really don't understand what's been going on here, the entire process has seemed strange to me from start to finish, and it frustrates me that I'm the one doing all the chasing throughout the entire process. I only found out that my card had been rejected because I called OcUK to find out what was taking so long. I'm also quite disappointed that after I seemed to be getting great help from Gigabyte, that all of a sudden it's just all gone quiet and I'm getting nothing back at all and OcUK have now had to refund me.

To be perfectly honest, this entire RMA process has been a disappointment from the start. I can't believe it's taken so long to get to this point. I thought that Gigabyte were supposed to take 3 - 5 days to sort it, then they reject my card due to a silly policy and now we still don't even get to an end point with them, OcUK have had to take ownership. It hasn't been a smooth experience, and if I didn't have a spare GPU, I wouldn't have been able to play anything for a month! I'll be thinking again before purchasing another Gigabyte product in future :(

Sorry to hear of this ordeal, Chokka.

The more I read about RMA's for GPU's, the more I want my next card to be an EVGA. They seem to have the best warranty policy by FAR, compared to the other brands.

Thanks for all the replies folks. I thought I'd post up an update because things seem to have taken a very odd turn. I had an email this morning from OcUK saying that they were shipping me a replacement HIS 4GB 380X. I hadn't heard anything about this and was surprised because Gigabyte told me they'd be replacing the card, so I contacted OcUK and they said that as it's been over 28 days they've swapped it. As nice a gesture as this was, I've turned down the replacement as I have had trouble with HIS in the past, and this one would have no warranty on it despite it being brand new, so OcUK have given me a partial refund on the 7950.

Add to this the fact that I've heard nothing back from Gigabyte. I contacted them yesterday, was asked for the part number and serial number again, and then heard nothing back after that. I had to then contact OcUK once again to see if the card had actually gone off to Gigabyte. It was sent on Monday this week. I have also chased again earlier this morning and there's been nothing back from that either. I really don't understand what's been going on here, the entire process has seemed strange to me from start to finish, and it frustrates me that I'm the one doing all the chasing throughout the entire process. I only found out that my card had been rejected because I called OcUK to find out what was taking so long. I'm also quite disappointed that after I seemed to be getting great help from Gigabyte, that all of a sudden it's just all gone quiet and I'm getting nothing back at all and OcUK have now had to refund me.

To be perfectly honest, this entire RMA process has been a disappointment from the start. I can't believe it's taken so long to get to this point. I thought that Gigabyte were supposed to take 3 - 5 days to sort it, then they reject my card due to a silly policy and now we still don't even get to an end point with them, OcUK have had to take ownership. It hasn't been a smooth experience, and if I didn't have a spare GPU, I wouldn't have been able to play anything for a month! I'll be thinking again before purchasing another Gigabyte product in future :(
I was just thinking...you said Gigabyte has gone quiet, but could it be possible that they have actually been in touch with OcUK directly, which led to them offering the 380x 4GB as replacement? Because as far as I know, most manufacturers have policy of not dealing with customer directly, as the contract is between the buyer and the store/retailer...

I don't know how much you got for your partial refund, but a 380x 4GB is a pretty good replacement for 7950, even if it is HIS and that you no longer have warranty.

Last edited:
I was just thinking...you said Gigabyte has gone quiet, but could it be possible that they have actually been in touch with OcUK directly, which led to them offering the 380x 4GB as replacement? Because as far as I know, most manufacturers have policy of not dealing with customer directly, as the contract is between the buyer and the store/retailer...

I don't know how much you got for your partial refund, but a 380x 4GB is a pretty good replacement for 7950, even if it is HIS and that you no longer have warranty.

I've been dealing with Gigabyte-Gaming from this forum. I emailed him direct about it about a week ago and have been discussing it with him since. He's emailed me back now though saying he's ill today and that's why he hadn't replied so that's fair enough.

I agree that the card was a good replacement, there was no issue there, but it's a brand new card with no warranty and if anything did go wrong, that's essentially £190 gone. I also had terrible issues with HIS previously so by choice I wouldn't buy one of their cards again.

Back
Top Bottom