• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Gigabyte Super OC GTX 480's - VERY LOW PRICES!**

Associate
Mine is set at 1025v and is ate SOC speeds and plays quite nicely

I was getting a few artifacts in occt in 2d mode but in 3d mode it was perfect with no artifacts

I have no problem in heaven benchmark and games, No artifacting

Also OCCT gpu mem test shows no errors

:p i agree with you thats a stupidly low v on the gpu as i have to increse the v's on my sparkle 480 to 1100v to hit 850 core so was :eek: and :confused: but :D when i see this SOC core v's

Have you actually ticked the check for errors checkbox to see if it detects any GPU errors? Or are you just watching closely for artifacts?

Associate
Mine was artifacting but others with the same psu are posting in this thread theirs are running fine..

Just wondered if I would have any problems with a stock 480..

Soldato
Say you are doing a computer science degree project on CUDA that has to be in the day after easter so MUST have the card before easter :D

I like that idea. Any others? No harm trying

Have there been problems with the SE version too as I beleive my SE might be on the way out and it's like 2 weeks old.

don't think so.
What makes you think it's dead?

Soldato
These cards are bad news, would avoid TBH. The sheer amount of RMA's and complaints speaks volumes.

Returned mine last week under DSR, which went smothely. Refunded within 4 days.

Soldato
don't think so.
What makes you think it's dead?

I keep getting a random black screen for a few seconds then back to normal. I'll be putting my new corsair 950w psu in later today to see if that fixes it. Failing that it's possibly a driver error but seens as it's a clean install with fresh drivers I'm doubting that.

Soldato
Craterloads you can't say that really

I mean I've had issues (could be of my own making - PSU) - but even taking those that have genuine issues - those with problems will always be more vocal

I'm currently (until new PSU) running at 775 at stock volts, temps are good in games, its relatively quiet, and its near-ish 580 performance for less than £250

I still think thats good value really

Just Cause 2 looks SO nice smooth at 1900x1200 with 16xAA + 2X TSAA :) ooooh - almost like looking through a window

Soldato
When are you getting a new PSU buckster?
i doubt my card will be arriving before the wedding:(
Hopefully that part wont fix it and theyll give me a 580:)
What part could actually fix a chip that cant overclock to those speeds?
Im guessing theyll try a new cooler

Soldato
Not sure yet re psu maybe soon

Re the new part - sure they don't mean a new card ?

Re serials I was told if they replace the card the serial is apparently
Transferred onto it from old card / presumably as their warranty length is
Serial no dependant and not purchase date dependant

If they did not do this you could get an older card back and loose some warranty length so seems a good idea

Re length for your repair if say they've been pretty quick really :)I'd have no complaints

Soldato
Craterloads you can't say that really

I mean I've had issues (could be of my own making - PSU) - but even taking those that have genuine issues - those with problems will always be more vocal

I'm currently (until new PSU) running at 775 at stock volts, temps are good in games, its relatively quiet, and its near-ish 580 performance for less than £250

I still think thats good value really

Just Cause 2 looks SO nice smooth at 1900x1200 with 16xAA + 2X TSAA :) ooooh - almost like looking through a window

Dont get me wrong, they are good value for money if they work, well at £215 they were. But from what ive heard, gigabyte are using poor cores on these an just dumping them out at cheap prices.

Ive bought a GTX 570 Phantom (from a competitor) for £266 delivered which is a heck of a lot better than the GTX 480 for only £15 more at current prices (£250) Even on ocuk you can pick up a GTX 570 for around £250 same as the GTX 480's current price. The 570 runs much much cooler and uses a lot less power. The temps might be similar but you have to remember the sheer amount of heat the GTX 480 dumps into your case, so may be cooler than a stock 480 but the heat is still there.

Soldato
What part could possibly fix a faulty OC/Core???
I really hope that it can't be fixed. I will try for a GTX590, when that fails, I will ask nicely for a GTX580SOC, when that fails, I will just ask for a ref 580.
I suspect the core is faulty, but what part would actually fix that - unless they are replacing the core!!

Back
Top Bottom