• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Gigabyte Super OC GTX 480's - VERY LOW PRICES!**

Soldato
this is too hard to resist, so i had to buy one! i hope this does 900core. would have got two if my mb supports sli (damn p45! dont really want to "downgrade" from my gigabyte p45t extreme back to my evga 750i f t w). wonder how the performance compare to my gtx 470 at 820core, 1650ram?

Last edited:
Associate
Can anyone tell me if my 650w PSU could handle this monster card?

Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.6ghz
5400rpm and 7200rpm HDDs
4gb DDR2 Kingston HyperX

My 4870 is due for an upgrade very soon and this is very tempting.
Dunno if the stocks will still be available next month though...

Soldato
Jet installed mine and got a xfx 750 psu. Very impressed by both! ocuk were just about to put the shutters down when I got there bet that annoyed them having to find my parts :D

It's a little loud compared to what I'm use to but that's expected. This thing is massive compared to my old 460. Now to test some games

Going to put my old psu and 460 on mm now

Associate
Can anyone tell me if my 650w PSU could handle this monster card?

Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.6ghz
5400rpm and 7200rpm HDDs
4gb DDR2 Kingston HyperX

My 4870 is due for an upgrade very soon and this is very tempting.
Dunno if the stocks will still be available next month though...

No, you are boarderline, u will need a 750w to stand a chance of working.
Read my post from earlier. I rung ocuk about and they said no!.

Associate
On the PSU front, do you reckon an 850w Coolermaster Silent Pro would be sufficient for the 480 SOC, or is it worth spending an extra £25 for the 1000w Coolermaster Silent Pro?

Associate
Hi all
i have just bought the asus 480 and man is it running TO HOT , I got it today and am thinking if i am allowed to take it apart and re tim the GPU with the TX 3 compound i have or will this viod my warentee because IF IT WILL void my warentee i will just send it back as i dont want the heat it produces

65c idle and 95c and climing at load at witch point i shrunk it down (mafia 2) and upped the speed of the fans speed to 60 in msi afterburner and MAN ITS LOUD then the temps drop to 85 etc at load and 60 idle

I have a 480 in there with a arctic cooler fitted ( had no warentee on that one so i fitted a aftermarket cooler) and that runs at 35 to 40 idle and 65 to 70 at load with the fan set at 44%

there is a small gap between the 2 cards and i could put the new ASUS one in the 3rd slot but that would only be 8x pci-e instead of 16x (i know that wont bottle neck me much at all) but i would still get that heat

I have a HAF x case and the cpu is watercooled so i have good air flow

so my question is

WILL RE APPLYING THE COMPOUND VOID THE WARENTEE

Cheers all

Soldato
Hi all
i have just bought the asus 480 and man is it running TO HOT , I got it today and am thinking if i am allowed to take it apart and re tim the GPU with the TX 3 compound i have or will this viod my warentee because IF IT WILL void my warentee i will just send it back as i dont want the heat it produces

65c idle and 95c and climing at load at witch point i shrunk it down (mafia 2) and upped the speed of the fans speed to 60 in msi afterburner and MAN ITS LOUD then the temps drop to 85 etc at load and 60 idle

I have a 480 in there with a arctic cooler fitted ( had no warentee on that one so i fitted a aftermarket cooler) and that runs at 35 to 40 idle and 65 to 70 at load with the fan set at 44%

there is a small gap between the 2 cards and i could put the new ASUS one in the 3rd slot but that would only be 8x pci-e instead of 16x (i know that wont bottle neck me much at all) but i would still get that heat

I have a HAF x case and the cpu is watercooled so i have good air flow

so my question is

WILL RE APPLYING THE COMPOUND VOID THE WARENTEE

Cheers all

i wouldnt.

Mine is running 38-stock and 75 at load

Associate
so should i return it>>??

I was thinking of paying a little extra and getting the gigabyte one with the oc pr factory and then using slot 1 and 3 which would be 16x and 8x

I have the asus P6X58-D mobo

the reason i went for this card is that it is 2 bay size and would allow me to use pci-e 1 & 2

if i return it and go for the gigabyte i would HAVE to use slot 1 & 3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom